CHILD. You aren't even HERE yet and you're already testing me. Didn't you get my memo? Fast, easy birth that just so happens to coincide with the military ball since we have reliable babysitter access? I have plans. And lists. And more lists. And I need you to follow along because we all know that *I* am in charge here. Oh wait a second. I'm not in charge? Ok, you and Jesus call the shots and I will just drop everything and play along whenever y'all are ready. I'm assuming y'all have developed some sort of sick sense of humor in that I'll go into labor in the middle of the night, with a sink full of dishes and a huge stinky diaper load to wash the next day. BUT OK I CAN DEAL. I was just sorta kinda hoping that we wouldn't have to go to this military ball and yawn away a Friday night while we listen to higher-ups jabber on about how *awesome* this battalion is and hooah hooah hooah.
For the record, the nesting is starting to get a little uncontrollable at this point. Before 9am this morning, I had dusted everything, done dishes, laundry, diapers, vacuumed the floors, read more Hypnobabies, sorted the recycling, took out the trash, made another batch of fudge, and changed two diapers. Yesterday I did this:
Can you see what that is? Here's a closer shot:
| Yeah, my dishwasher is a storage unit. Laugh it up. |
I felt the overwhelming NEED to label everything in case Steve isn't here to help someone locate something they might need. Our friend who has agreed to watch Sam while I'm in the hospital has been to my house plenty of times, and I'm sure she could find everything she needs (she is equipped with two arms, legs, and eyeballs), but why not make it a little easier on her? Also- I AM IN CRAZY NESTING MODE AND WE NEED MORE POST-ITS STAT.
Since Sam has funky little mealtime tendencies and a few food allergies, I thought it best to create a chart detailing what mealtimes look like for him.
Ok that's a little blurry, but even I can plainly see that a crazy person wrote that.
And this last picture is a true testament to the fact that I'm READY. You can see the top of my microwave. (!!!) It is usually covered in ridiculous amounts of mail, articles that I've been meaning to send to my mom, receipts I'm scared to throw away, stray toddler toys that I might attempt to fix, and tax info.
Steve is (supposedly) getting off work early today and I plan to use that free time to register myself at the hospital (I hope they don't laugh at me too much or try to admit me right then due to my size and waddle) and then go to my fancypants hair appointment. Y'all, I had to go in there last week for a hair CONSULTATION. That is how serious this hair place is. I've obviously been frequenting Great Clips too much because this has been the main source of excitement for me this week (besides that visit to Chick-fil-a, which always ranks high on my List Of Things To Get Excited About).
AAAAAANNNNNNDDDDD my best friend from high school is coming up to not only babysit Sam while we are out tonight, but to hang out with me tomorrow! If only wine was going to be involved, this weekend would look like The Most Perfect Storm Ever, but I think instead, it will just be A Really Great Weekend and I'm excited.
Obviously I will take pictures of Steve and myself all dolled up for the ball and report back to you with whale pictures soon. In the meantime, please either pray for this extreme nesting urge to back the hell off or for Second Baby to grace us with his/her presence sooner than later.
I hope you have a great time at the ball! =)
ReplyDeleteThank you! It was... interesting. Full recap to come soon. :)
DeleteMaybe you'll go into labor AT the ball and go down in Campbell history as THAT wife.
ReplyDeleteBecause that's just the type of legacy you're hoping to leave.
That IS the kind of legacy I want! But DANGGIT it didn't happen for me. UGH.
DeleteHaha! I did the same thing before our 2nd one was born. I was really mad when she decided to wait until almost my due date to arrive. :) I don't think it's crazy, you're just prepared. :)
ReplyDeleteI know these kids have a time and a day that they're going to come out, no matter WHAT crazy things I do, but I would really love to not wait another two weeks. LOL
DeleteI need a friend who is in extreme nesting mode to come "hang" out at my house for a bit. I have quite a bit of dust that needs attention and drawers that need organizing :)
ReplyDeleteGirl, I would be all over it. If only you lived a little closer. haha :)
DeleteHa ha, you're a control freak like me. :) At least you have pregnancy as an excuse! I love the notes all over, ha. And, have fun at the ball!!
ReplyDeleteI will have to admit that I am definitely a control freak. But I tend to always be right, so that is my reasoning for trying to control everything. Haha :)
DeleteI love the labels. Truly the work of a crazed third-trimester pregnant lady.
ReplyDeleteIf I was crazed, CLEARLY the labels would be color coded by level of importance. If this baby doesn't come soon though, there will definitely be color-coded post-its on everything determined by importance. I don't know how I will distinguish whether a utensil is more important than a pot, but dammit I will make it happen.
DeleteI love your crazy nesting! I organize like a crazy person and I don't have the excuse of a baby coming soon!
ReplyDeleteOrganized is good! You will have a shorter to-do list come baby time and you will just be adjusting onesies and arranging diapers, not driving your husband insane because he didn't put a bowl back in the proper cabinet. (Not that I've done that or anything...) lol
DeleteHave fun! You are nesting waaaaay more than I ever did. Hope that baby pops out for you soon!
ReplyDeleteI don't think I nested at all with Sam- just pulled out some diapers and washed the onesies. This kid- oh this kid is a trip already.
DeleteOCD much?! I think so! This is took cute! I love it! I love that nesting is an instinct. Wishing you could come and do my house.
ReplyDeleteThose labels crack me up! I have never seen anything like that! Very smart though.
Can't wait to see your pics from the ball!!!! I bet you look fab! And don't feel too bad, I was in a wedding at 37 weeks! It was so painful! I feel ya!
Being pregnant in a wedding is the WORST. Ugh. Going to the ball pregnant was, well, not a ball. (PUN INTENDED)
DeleteWould love to come frantically organize your house for you! I could color-code your scrapbook paper or organize your photographs or dust your baseboards! The fun would just never end!!!!!
I cant wait to see pics! O and who doesn't love a good jar of ham? I have a severe adversion to baby food meats, which is good because Bennett wont let me near him with a spoon and only eats food he can feed himself. Bring on the steak.
ReplyDeleteUgh Sam has an aversion to REAL meat. Drives me insane since that is typically the type of meat that Steve and I (and most other humans) consume (are not Spam people). We are slowly but surely working on textures. Maybe Bennett could speak some baby wisdom to Sam on the lovely taste of steak and chicken...
Delete