But it obviously didn't happen like that. I'm around 3ish centimeters with "a bulging bag of waters." Yuck, huh? My water never broke with Sam, and at first, I was kinda bummed about that because that is such a typical end-of-pregnancy milestone! But now, considering that it can happen anytime or anyplace, and that it has the potential to be really REALLY messy, I'm kinda hoping it decides to stay in-tact until we get to the hospital. When I told Steve about the potential waterfall situation yesterday, he formulated a plan to save his floors that involved doggy pee pads and throwing them down wherever I walk. So clearly he is super-helpful.
In order to encourage Second Baby to come out, the doc "stripped my membranes." (Dad, you should stop reading at this point.) Some people have told me that this is supposed to be uncomfortable, and since it didn't hurt at all when my last OB did it, I assumed that she was just super gentle or faked the whole procedure. So I was slightly apprehensive going into this one, but it turned out to be the same experience again. I mean, it was by no means FUN or something I would just WANT to do on any ol' day, but definitely not something to dread. My dad had called me earlier in the morning, asking if anything was going on (meaning: "OMG you're seriously not in labor yet?!"), and I told him that I was going to the doctor's that afternoon. I mentioned the membrane strip.
"What was that?"
She'll strip my membranes.
"Huh?"
She separates something from something else and it's supposed to help start labor.
"TMI! TMI! I think that was just TMI!"
Ok, well, I can't really be any more vague than that. In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't use my Saran wrap analogy.
In less physically invasive news, I lucked out and found a super-new glider on craigslist yesterday. The lady selling it had multiple people interested in it, and while I wasn't even the first person to respond to her ad, I mentioned in my email about being "very interested" because my due date was Sunday. She said that she just HAD to give it to ME because I was so close! How sweet is that?! And it's soooooo comfy. I made Steve sit in it to confirm, but he could only muster, "This is clearly a woman's chair."
Yes. Now get up.
Apparently it is not conducive to excessive slouching and it doesn't have cupholders or a recline-function, so those qualities deem it "for women only." Fine by me! You can sit in the other (not-so-comfy) chair, or lie on our new rug.
| New glider, old chair, swing that saved our life during Sam's newborn days. Oh, and new rug. |
Did I mention this rug yet? It's like the newer version of the rug in our living room (that I snagged on clearance at the end of last summer), so all of the colors are already in the downstairs of our house. Not that I have color SCHEMES going on or anything. Au contraire. Things just get randomly thrown in and I hold my breath and hope that no one can actually tell that all of our furniture is from yard sales and craigslist. It is also my hope that putting colorful rugs on the floors will distract from the fact that I'm too lazy to paint a single one of our ultra-white walls. Speaking of walls, I am just now noticing how bare they are. Will definitely have to remedy that soon. Probably today since I'm planning on having a baby tomorrow and I won't have time to do random art projects with a newborn and a toddler.
| Isn't this room ODD? It just hangs off the kitchen (like an eat-in maybe?) so we have just thrown random stuff in it, and will probably label it "done" soon. |
In much MUCH cuter news, I made Steve and Sam dress alike yesterday.
| Sam is showcasing my clearance rug in the living room. |
Aren't they the CUTEST?! A nice distraction from all of this baby-still-baking nonsense.
"I made Steve sit in it to confirm, but he could only muster, "This is clearly a woman's chair."
ReplyDeleteYes. Now get up."
Love this!!! Haaaaaaaaa
I'm like that with my ice cream and juice, except that hubby likes it. I say, "STAY AWAY from my juice. I'm pregnant."
I tried to quarantine the fudge, but that seemed to be an uphill battle from the get-go, and I just don't have the energy to fight him away from that. I'm hoping he doesn't "come around" to the awesomeness that is the glider, and then I can keep it allllll to myself. ;) haha
DeleteCAAA-ute pictures! :)
ReplyDeleteMy favorite quote today: Apparently it is not conducive to excessive slouching and it doesn't have cupholders or a recline-function, so those qualities deem it "for women only."
Not that I'm AGAINST cupholders or reclining chairs- oh no- I am all for them, and if that glider did those things, you can bet your baby that's probably where I would permanently set up shop, but since it doesn't, I can appreciate the fact that it is still insanely comfortable (and cheap! yes!) and relax in it just the same. ;)
Delete(Ooh, I think I might have issues with run-on sentences...)
Gliders are AWESOME. Great find! Separately, the water breaking... you do NOT want that to happen at home. Or in the car. Just sayin'. Good luck to you! Maybe go for some Indian?
ReplyDeleteI am soooo not prepared for that to happen in the car. I've read that I should be stocking my car with towels in preparation for it, but I haven't yet. Mostly because I'm undecided as to which towels I'm up for burning after something that gross happens on them. The only towels I'm willing to sacrifice are the dogs' towels, and I don't know if I wanna sit on those during that time....
DeleteNever had Indian food, but it might be worth a shot- some good ol' Olive Garden did the job last time, so we'll see. ;)
I have the exact same glider! Seriously awesome rug, and very cute pictures of your men.
ReplyDeleteAw thanks! I'm already in love with that glider. :)
DeleteHahaha I was rolling with Steve's potty pads suggestion. :) I love that rug by the way.. I don't think I could ever pull it off.. almost every room in our little place is brown and blue, those are the colors I just gravitate towards. And final thing... your boys are SO cute dressed alike! :)
ReplyDeleteYes, my husband is ultra-sensitive- that is really obvious... LOL
DeleteOur last place had all brown/tan furniture and absolutely NO other colors, and once we moved here, I decided that I can't live without some color in my life anymore. So hence, the rugs, pillows, and stuff on the walls. lol It has been a very s-l-o-w process. ;)
LOVE the rug! Hopefully the Dr, persuaded the little one to come out soon! My Dr. just checked to see how dialated I was and it put me into labor so, finger crossed for you :)
ReplyDeleteI hope so! She's been checking me for about 3 weeks now, and nothing has happened, so I'm hoping this baby decides it's go-time soon! :)
DeleteLove the rug! Your boys are too cute. & the room could be potential play room one day?
ReplyDeleteThanks! I'm trying to make it a play area, but that room intersects with both the door to the garage AND the front door. So folks are constantly walking through that room. And that rug can SERIOUSLY camouflage some Legos, so I gotta be careful about which toys make it in there! lol
DeleteWith Quinn my water broke at home after 10 hours of labor. Justin may have been playing Call of Duty-- I may have cleaned it up myself. He doesn't like when I tell people that so I am just stating that may be a situation that occurred. With Madden my water broke on its own in the hospital but he was born 45 minutes later. So never again do I wish to be anywhere but a hospital when that happens!
ReplyDeleteOmg... I may or may not kill Steve if he does that. I don't wanna commit to anything in case the authorities try to use something against me later on. ;)
DeleteHappy labor day. Maybe today will be the day. Crossing fingers! PS- yours is the only blog in the whole wide world that I go and search for. Why dont you have the "follow" button thing on here?! Or am I just slow and dont see it?
ReplyDeleteI think you can subscribe if you look on the right column, where it says "subscribe". Or I think you can add the web address into the google reader and it will send you updates. I'm kinda technologically stupid, so let me know if neither of those work!
DeleteThanks for the baby-come-out thoughts!
They really are just way too cute.
ReplyDeleteAw thanks! I agree with you ;)
DeleteI LOVE that rug!! and the matching outfits. occasionally I coordinate the girls and my outfits and my husband rolls his eyes and I love it. the excessive eye rolling makes me limit the amount of times it happens though ha!
ReplyDeleteLOL I have never coordinated outfits before, but the outfit I put on Sam was only one tshirt away from what Steve was wearing, so I asked Steve to change so they could match. He rolled his eyes, but deep down, I know he loved having a Mini Me follow him around all day. ;)
Delete