I swear that the days I choose to wear "normal" deodorant (aka: not prescription strength), SOMEONE knows and it ends up being uncomfortably warm and I sweat through tshirts and such. Obviously, today was one of those days.
I got Sam an appointment with his doctor this afternoon and found out that the little man has an ear infection. He might possibly have a double ear infection, but we'll never know! Because getting Sam into a position to where the doctor could peek inside ONE ear required phrases like "bear hug him" and "strap his legs down" and "just smush him toward your shoulder" to be uttered. I was assaulted by multiple rounds of boogers and snot and left sweating like I had just run a 5k in July. I swear the HEAT was on in that place. It's 70 &^$*(@!# degrees outside! Heat is no longer required at this point! And whhhhhyyyyyy is everyone so super-pumped about this weather??? Have we all forgotten the sweat endured this past summer? Are we all ready to experience that again so soon? It's freaking FEBRUARY FIRST. I totally got ripped off in the winter department, having all of ONE occasion to wear my new coat, and I had to drive 8 hours due north just for that. So call me a freakin' freak of nature, but I want some winter dammit. I should not be sticking to the seat of my car and sweating through a tshirt in February. I just should not. If only I could use sheer will to get Alaska as our next duty station. Oh my heart would be so happy.
Alas, I have gone off on a tangent. Back to the star of the show- little Sammy. He has an ear infection and has received antibiotics to take (please God don't let him be allergic to this too...) and he should recover nicely. His fever is gone and for that I am grateful. He hasn't lost his appetite and is thoroughly hydrated (as evidenced by the seven wardrobe changes he had yesterday along with many sopping wet diapers- le yuck). He slept through the night and has taken naps and besides the runny nose and breathing like a 95-yr-old man with emphysema, he is pretty much back to himself. Yay!
My mom gets into town tomorrow for a visit and I have been noticing that I really don't clean this place as often as I should. Hmm. But there are clean sheets and clean towels and I have lots of peanut butter and fruit and luckily my mom is very easy to please, so I'm not stressed at all. Just ready to see her! Sammy is ready to see her too as he hijacked my phone this afternoon, sent her a random text, and then called her himself.
Thanks for the prayers y'all! He's gonna make it! (I will too, despite this no-wine-during-pregnancy rule!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments
(
Atom
)
I hope Sam feels better soon. And I LOVE when my mom comes to visit. Shoot, I leave all the dirty laundry for her! She loves to help, it's not forced labor.
ReplyDeleteThanks! He is well on his way to a full recovery. :)
DeleteAnd mom visits are the BEST. She will probably WANT to give the wild child a bath! Or feed him lunch! It will be better than vacation!! :D
Yay! Glad he is feeling better! Have a great visit with your mom!
ReplyDeleteCouldn't help but laugh at the emphysema comment. Poor baby and poor you for having to endure a sweat bath.
ReplyDeleteWe are both so hot-natured and that dr's office is always so HOT that it is never a good time to go there. Thank God for a/c!! ;)
Delete