Halloween sure proved to be a busy day this year! It started out with me cutting bats from construction paper (template found here- easiest "craft" ever), hanging our pumpkins (painted paper plates orange earlier in the week), prepping food for the party, mopping floors, and throwing the kids in their costumes before heading down to a nearby post for a fall festival and trunk or treat with friends.
Holy cow this cake..... Y'all need to make it. This picture doesn't even do it justice. (Actual cake made from this recipe. The cream filling and ganache made from this recipe.) Praise the Lord, there are a few leftover slices!!
Sam was so grouchy when it came time to get dressed. I finally pulled him aside and asked him what was wrong. Tears, and "I'm so tired!" I told him he could nap in the car on the way to the fall festival. "But that's not good for me because there's no beds there!" Oh the struggle is real. Being four is tough, I guess. He perked up after we attempted a family photo.
Molly continues to be underwhelmed. Although she was our champion trick-or-treater. Sam wasn't into asking for candy. He was into taking most of Molly's candy for himself. We told Sam he couldn't have any candy until we checked it all for razor blades and peanuts. Safety first.
We also left his fireman hat at home. Not that he would have worn it anyway!
Girlfriend would not allow me to hold her balloon or her candy. And I thought we were so close.
We hurried home and threw some pizzas in the oven. I clearly am missing a brain because no one is going to see what the pizzas look like. Because they will be cut up into slices. But that didn't stop me from trying to put a pumpkin on one.
The other pizza was shaped like a ghost (pepperoni for eyes and mouth) but I didn't even get a shot of it before it was cut up and devoured. Anyways, who cares, right?
I was having too much fun to snap many photos at the party. (But as predicted, there were leftover carrots and oranges.)
My super awesome cookie-decorating neighbor brought these and I think Sam ate no fewer than 10. I will just trust that they were as delicious as they looked.
Overall, I'm calling Halloween 2014 a success. Ten adults, ten kids, one tiny apartment, good food, plenty of booze, and a playroom that kept all the little people entertained.
I'm just gonna close that door and think about it tomorrow. Or next week.
I love your family picture. Cuties! You are an awesome host. That pizza, and that cake...omg. Yay, halloween!
ReplyDeleteLooks like tons of yummy food & fun :) Yay for doors on the playroom what you can't see right now doesn't exist, am I right?
ReplyDeleteLove, love their costumes!! Sounds like Halloween was a success!!
ReplyDeleteThose bats! You did such a great job! I love how they turned out!
ReplyDeleteAnd oh my gosh, cutest costumes ever!
1) Molly is the cutest fire dog EVER!!!
ReplyDelete2) I kind of want to lick that extra ganache. Like I haven't already overindulged in too many Halloween sweets....
Remember the year Sam was a cowboy and Molly was the chubbiest indian in Kentucky? I'm dying at the memory. I love the costumes this year. Did you pick them out? I'm not surprised Molly was a dog. You might be able to have dog birthday party 2.0 if she's still on the dog theme in March!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like so much fun! Molly's underwhelmedness (is that a word?) is quite cute. You are super creative and awesome! I doubt anything I tried to pull off would look half as awesome! Glad you guys had a great Halloween!
ReplyDelete