10.20.2014

Steve got promoted yesterday. Finally (FINALLY) leaving the lieutenant rank in the dust.


It is so odd to see him wearing a captain patch on his hat and uniform. Even weirder to hear him answer his work phone- "This is Captain D" (I might have snorted the first time I heard him say that.)


This gem of a man ^^ (I make memes about him in my spare time if that shows you my level of sarcasm) said, "And the best part of being a lieutenant and working a captain's job..." I wanted to blurt out, "not getting paid for the work you're doing? That's the best. He loves doing more for less." But I managed to keep my mouth shut and kept snapping cell phone shots while staring at my one true love. He knows. It's been a long four years for Steve-o in the Army. He's been doing captain's jobs since he was a brand new 2LT. Terrible leadership, more bad leadership, a deployment that seemed endless (with, you guessed it, poor leadership), a bumpy move to Korea with even more lackluster leadership, long days, long nights, bad leadership, etc etc, you know the drill. He's been a saint. A hard-working saint. But he's done.

When we leave Korea, Steve will be out of the Army.*


And we couldn't be more thrilled for the adventure that awaits us in the free civilian world.


*I mean, supposedly. Hopefully. This is the Army, after all. We all know that nothing is set in stone. Ever.

8 comments :

  1. Wow! Congrats to Steve!!!! Really??? Leaving the Army world behind? Wow! Congrats to you and your family!!!!!
    Love the family pic by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! Yall are getting out?! I was hoping I would cross paths with you all! Congrats to Steve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to him! Ughhh I can't wait till Mike's out. He'll have 8 years of service and to me that is more than enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my the news about after Korea! I'm so behind and well like the worst friend ever for not emailing and keeping up better!

    And YAY for the promotion Steve!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats to Steve (and you!)! And I love love love that family pic of y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to Steve!! And exciting changes!! Where are y'all headed?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to you and Steve on the promotion! Life in the military is a ride! Life afterwards is wonderful. Jonathan loved his time in the Marine Corps BUT he would never go back. Good luck, I cant wait to see what your future holds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!!! You will LOVE the free world. It might take Steve a little longer to readjust...but Grant's doing just fine :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs