Sam's 4th birthday was, dare I say it, possibly more low-key and easier than his
2nd birthday. You know, the one that took place at the Tennessee Welcome Center? There is a flower field in the middle of our town, and in the middle of the flower field- a sandbox. There are also picnic tables, a fish pond, and a playground. To me, this was the obvious winner in Potential Birthday Party Locations. We had cake, goldfish, juice boxes, bubbles, sand toys, and rice cakes to feed the fish. I expected the party to last an hour. Maybe an hour and a half. We all had so much fun that we stayed and played for over three hours.
 |
| construction cake - best tasting dirt evah! |
 |
| Pinterest made me do it |
 |
| The kids played in the sand for so long, we had to pull them out to do cake and presents. |
 |
| cake time! |
 |
| time to feed the fish some rice cakes |
 |
| bubble time! |
The kids ended up running the field, chasing bubbles and puppies, and a few ended up back at the sandbox again. When we walked back to the playground, we noticed that there were a few babysitters breaking up fights and entertaining the kids in our absence!
When one of the Korean girls asked Aubrey (Molly's age) her name, she replied "Elsa." They immediately called Molly "Anna" and then busted out "Let It Go" on their phone (in English!) and proceeded to dance and (attempt to) sing the entire song. It was more than entertaining. Free babysitting AND entertainment?! Yes please!
The parental group ended up at the table again, and by the time I got back over there, all the cake was gone and some soju and beer had appeared. We partied til past dark and then it was obvious that some children needed some dinner (more than cake and goldfish). After quick baths and dinner, the exhausted children were put to bed and Steve and I celebrated four years of parenthood with some popcorn and wine.
Sam told everyone that they were all invited to his party tomorrow, and I've gotta say, I wouldn't mind doing it all over again.
That sounds absolutely perfect :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like the best birthday ever. Korea, FTW!
ReplyDeleteSounds like the perfect birthday for a 4 year old boy! Holy cow! I can't believe he's four!!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great birthday!! Can't believe he's 4!!
ReplyDelete