10.29.2014

  • Fall is whizzing by this year! Not sure if it's because we are break-neck busy, or if someone is trying to rob me of my last Korean autumn, but either way, I want it to slow. the eff. down.


  • If you need a chuckle and have time to kill, my BFF sent me this link and I find it hilarious. And freakishly accurate.
  • Facebook alerted me this morning that one of my local friends was having a birthday. The hell, facebook? Can't you give a girl more notice than that? I asked her if she wanted to get together, and we ended up at the sandbox (all the cool kids celebrate birthdays there, fyi) with a picnic lunch and cupcakes. Unfortunately, this park date meant that I would be giving up naptime (the ultimate in birthday gifts- a sacrificial piece of my sanity) but thankfully our friends rallied and met us at the playground to ward off the crazies until Daddy got home. I alerted Steve that he needed to grab some won because I would not be preparing dinner, and we ordered some chicken and the kids ate mac n cheese. Yum yum. Molly fell asleep on me at the dinner table, but seriously needed a bath (bad timing) so she angrily took a bath and then got her second (or third? or fourth?) wind. The last I heard her, she was jumping in her crib and throwing everything out of it. Nighty night!
  • I printed all of our pictures from Halloweens past out today. Too funny. I highly recommend doing it as a way to add in some Halloween decor to your house. The first year Steve and I were married, we dressed up as rednecks and went to a party. The irony was apparently lost on us that we still lived in a trailer. Like rednecks. Ahem.
Extra klassy points awarded for taking a photo in the bathroom. Steve had some weave from the dollar store taped to the inside of his hat to create a mullet effect. My shirt had a sign taped to it that said, "Roll Tide!"
  • Other accomplishments this week:
    • tried a new chocolate frosting recipe (for the birthday cupcakes) today that was a success
    • have started to make an Advent calendar list
    • did one entire load of laundry today (still sitting in dryer- why does this feel like the ultimate chore?)
    • cleaned and organized pantry
    • finished editing and posting all photo sessions from this month (!!!)
    • haven't cried (in public) at the sight of falling leaves
    • tomorrow is preschool (HUZZAH!)






5 comments :

  1. Holy cow is Molly cute! What sass!!!! I think giving up nap time is a HUGE birthday present. :) I love the Walmart bag for your Halloween costume :) Too funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That second picture of Molly with the flowers is to die for :) I love your throw back Halloween costumes pictures. I always like to see what others come up with but I don't do costumes myself haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am finally getting caught up on your blog! Totally was waiting for a bloglovin update, thank goodness you said something on IG! I've missed so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who goes from from 2 to 20 in less than 6 months? Molly does. She's killing me with those red curly locks.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs