Well hot ham, it's the end of July and I'm
comfortably sitting in my apartment with no AC. I think it's God's way of saying, "I know last summer sucked like whoa, but doesn't that make this summer that much more enjoyable?" To which I reply, "Hell yes it does. THANK YOU, LORD." Now on with this week's photos.
 |
| He kept getting out of bed to tell me to turn the fan towards him (even though their little AC unit faces him). I told him that I would turn it towards him before *I* went to bed, and leave it on (poor, sweaty) Molly. I went in to check on them before bed and found that he had already positioned it twelve centimeters from his head. Stinker. |
 |
On this day, I took this crappy cell phone picture and sent it to my
realtor to ask what these symbols meant and why the elevator buttons
weren't working... He explained that it was maintenance time. Awesome.
6:30pm seems like a GREAT TIME to do elevator work. I had just pushed
the kids four miles in the boat stroller
and was sweating my guts out in the airless hallway waiting for the
elevator to start working. Kids were fighting and screaming and there
was no telling how long we might stand there, melting into a whiny
puddle on the floor. So I folded up the stroller and we started walking
up the stairs. I made it seven floors before the elevators started
functioning again. I have never felt sweat flow in so many places as I
have on that day. (And I feel like I've done a lot of sweating in my
life.) And that, my friends, is why this is today's photo. Because after
this photo was taken, no shits were given about non-air-conditioned activities like "taking pretty photos." The End. |
 |
| Watching youtube videos on helicopters/running puppies/bulldozers
while Molly works those arm muscles. (There is no chair underneath her.
She just hangs like this for some reason.) |
 |
| Sunday evening at the soccer field. He needed my sunglasses because of that bright sun. And he's got dirty hands, obvs. |
 |
| We don't have a dishwasher (unless you're staring at me), but this is a breeze compared to what Steve's washing after dinner. I laughed while I listened to Sam- "No, that's too HOT!" (one second later) "No, that's too COLD!" (screams!) I love doing dishes. Dishes don't talk. |
 |
| Officially a two-car-family again! |
Yay for two cars! We did the one car thing for about a week before we caved and rented a second one while waiting for our second to arrive. Don't know how people do it!
ReplyDeleteI am just commenting to inform you that you NEED to begin all of your posts with "Well hot ham." That is all.
ReplyDeleteSeven floors with a double stroller and two kids? When is your audition for American Ninja Warrior?
ReplyDeleteYay for another car :) That must make life much easier. Love that photo of them watching the videos.
ReplyDeleteYay for having two cars! :)
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo to being a two car family again! Love all of the pics!!!!!
ReplyDelete7 flights of stairs with the stroller and 2 kids!? You are a Goddess.
ReplyDeleteBOO for no a/c and walking up stairs. Yay for two cars!
ReplyDeleteSeven floors?! Super woman! That's all I can say about this post.
ReplyDeleteOf course Sam stole the fan, he is your child after all.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I could live in a country that didn't have AC. Bless you.
ReplyDeleteYay for two cars! And what the eff to the no elevator. Like really?! Bah.. I'd have not given any shits either. Bahaha.
ReplyDeleteYay for another car! The fan story totally made me laugh. So cute!
ReplyDelete