I knew we were really behind on the baptismal schedule, but it was really an in-yo-face kinda moment when I went to order a baptism outfit and the only two sizes were 0-3 months and 3 months.
Luckily I was able to find something in size 24 month. I will say though, you pay a premium for being a belated baptismal heathen. Doesn't he look adorable though?? He hated the little cap but I think he looks like a doll baby with it on. Stay tiny forever please?
We had him baptized on a Saturday because we just moved here and how embarrassing that he's 13 months old and we are just now getting around to doing this. And since we know almost no Catholic people anyway, we had to ask our neighbors (and friends, luckily) to stand in for Will's godparents. When explaining to the priest who his godparents were and where they were, it was slightly amusing to watch his face. "Welllllllll, they are stationed at Ft Riley, Kansas, but he's in Korea and she's in NYC, which is not where I met her but we did get to hang out a lot while we were both there and anyways, it's not possible for them to be here so can we use a proxy?"
Will looks thrilled, yes?? We have been so blessed to know such wonderful people everywhere we've lived, and Terri and Pete are no exception! They gladly said yes when we asked if they could attend in the middle of a Saturday. I didn't take any pictures during the actual baptism since it was just us and the kids and Terri and Pete and the priest. I spent most of the baptism cutting threatening eyes at Sam and Molly and whispering all sorts of threats to them to be still and quiet. Didn't feel so holy leaving there. Felt like I wanted to dunk my kids in holy water in-the-river style. DEMONS BE GONE.
We had dinner that night with Rick and Monica- they got this massive farmhouse table and we obviously needed to test its capacity. They cooked up some amazing homegrown burgers and his parents gave us all farm fresh eggs before we left. (#spoiled)
We had mass the next morning and, as usual, pure chaos.
Will started feeling a little sick. He was running a low grade fever, clingy, whiny, and very still in general. Not his normal AT ALL.
He did not want to be anywhere but right on top of me. At first, this was fine. Sweet, even. I do not have snuggly children so when they want to, I tend to soak it up. But then it lasted f-o-r-e-v-e-r (days!) and my butt fell asleep and he whined if I dared to move or try to escape to pee for five seconds and while I still felt so sad for him that he was sick, it was also bordering on Really Annoying. Spoke to the nurse and saw the doctor and it was confirmed that the rash he had was in reaction to his vaccines the week prior, and he probably had something viral at the same time as well, causing the low grade fever and irritated throat. Thankfully, no meds. I love a low intervention doc!
Despite all my time sitting on the couch underneath Will, time did not stop. In fact, I think it sped up! Where has this adorable baby gone and who is this girl child in her place?! Also up for questioning- how did we manage to keep track of this same bow for three years and however many moves?! Incredible. Time, please slow down a bit. These babies don't keep.










Aww I love these family updates. You guys have such a sweet little fam bam!
ReplyDeletePoor thing I hope he is feeling better!
ReplyDelete