Scrub a dub dub

2.04.2017

Warning: This post is not only sponsored, but it might actually result in pregnancy. (I may or may not be speaking from experience.)

According to Men's Journal, which, I have to assume is a man with a diary and internet access, scent does not elicit any specific behaviors or responses in humans (as far as his thinking goes, which I think we can all safely assume means SEXUAL behavior/response). That may be true, but I can certainly testify that there are certain scents on a man that I find revolting. Listed here, in no particular order:
  • Axe anything 
  • cologne in general
  • farts
  • diarrhea
  • barf
The last two don't count when the output is produced by our offspring because that means he has handled the nasty situation and I didn't have to, so by default, he is more attractive in my eyes.

I am very sensitive to smells and get a really bad headache when Steve goes so far as to use deodorant that is too strong. He used to wear cologne fairly regularly when we'd go out, but I'm not sure if my sense of smell has gotten better (hmmmm possibly related to all these pregnancies?) or if he we just don't go out much anymore (definitely related to all these pregnancies), but if he randomly decides to spritz some on before mass, I do act as if I might die.

Anyways, all of this olfactory backstory to tell y'all that the soap options in our house have to pass some pretty rigorous sniff-testing in order to get my stamp of approval. So when New Man Revolution contacted me about trying out some of their body wash, you will understand that I had some initial hesitation. But after reading that their products don't contain any of the harsh chemicals, sulfates, or parabens found in other soaps (but instead, are infused with essential oils), I was sold. No way can any essential oil combo result in an Axe smell. In fact, it might actually smell good.

Well.



We got this body wash the other day in the mail and I opened it to sniff it while Molly and I (and Will) were eating lunch. Y'all. It smelled SO GOOD. To the point that my reaction made Molly grab it from me and start sniffing. We were kinda fighting over who got to hold the bottle and stick their nose in it. At this point, I debated telling Steve that the body wash just never came in the mail and then I'd hoard it and secretly use it myself. But part of the review agreement was giving mine AND Steve's opinion on the product, so I gave it to him after all. (sad)

Steve's thoughts:
  • smells good
  • suds up nicely
  • manly bottle
  • please quit using it

My thoughts:
  • obviously, smells amazing without knocking me out with any over-the-top manufactured smells
  • I love that there are no harsh chemicals
  • supporting veteran-owned and operated companies is a major bonus
  • a percentage of their profits go towards veterans charities and cancer research foundations, which is awesome
  • I will continue to use it because I'm a rebel (and a real sucker for that peppermint-y smell)

Molly's thoughts:
  • dis smells yummy
So there you have it, folks. Lady approved, ages 4 and up. So if you want to get your man some manly body wash (or manpoo), hop on over to New Man Revolution and check them out. I'm off to go sniff Steve some more. Maybe order us him more bodywash for Valentine's Day because I used it all!

What could be more manly than this?

**I was given a bottle of bodywash in exchange for my honest review. I only review products that I would actually use and recommend to a friend, and will rarely ever turn down a company that supports veterans or charities.**

1 comment :

  1. Oooo I have never heard of this but now I am intrigued! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs