Baby #4 is a...

2.18.2017


For once, I guessed correctly! Steve is always right and I never have any "mother's intuition" about these things, but I consulted the Chinese gender predictor and went with the Chinese. People who were intuitive enough to come up with fried rice have my vote on telling me who my baby is. (If you haven't done it, you can plug in your own info and check its accuracy- crazy accurate!! Let me know if it's not because I've only heard one person tell me it hasn't been right for them.)

Sam initially wanted a sister because he likes even numbers and wanted there to be three girls and three boys. Then he swapped teams at the last minute and decided a brother might be more fun. Plus they could outnumber us girls. Ha. Molly was on Team Sister the whole way and was slightly disappointed when we told her she was getting another brother, but then she told us that it was fine, the next baby can be a sister. Oof! Willie obviously has no clue what's going on. He does not like being dropped in the snow though, that is for sure.


Pictures with him will be 8 zillion times easier once he learns how to stand on his own.


I really thought the ultrasound would drive it home for me that this baby is real and coming at some point but I'm still kinda in complete and total denial. Even though we are officially on the downward slope. I have pulled out a few maternity things but for the most part am wearing my usual (stretchy) mom clothes.


First time I've ever had a 4D ultrasound and it was amazing! I know that seems kinda standard nowadays, but the entire idea of ultrasound and being able to see inside the body like this just blows me away. What genius came up with this?! And can you imagine the first time they ever did one?

This pregnancy has been much like the others, and for that I am thankful. No nausea. No real cravings or aversions. I am starting to feel him kick around in there at night when I'm lying still in bed. The kids are excited and come up with names for him like Water Bottle or Valentine or whatever else we happen to be talking about that day. I keep hoping they'll throw out some semi decent suggestion, as we are still kinda unsure as to what he should be named.

It's weird to think that Sam was the same age as Will is when this same scenario was playing out with Molly. He seems so tiny still! I can't imagine another baby in addition to Will at this point. I guess I need to stretch my brain and imagine that, maybe realize I'm pregnant and not just on a wine strike, maybe remain in denial and pretend June isn't coming despite the fact that things are beginning to thaw....

5 comments :

  1. This was our reveal for baby #4...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQCBVnBZ1Vs...hilarious! My older son insisted on a boy to complete the pattern...and I may have refused to come home from the ultrasound if it was a girl...lol! And my youngest's reaction was spontaneous and hilarious! Enjoy every moment of adding #4 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so so happy for you!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Such exciting news! Molly seems like such a good sport! I'm sure you will come up with the perfect name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alright well that Chinese gender predictor says this baby is a boy... and it says Penny was a girl, and Thomas a boy. Well now. I HAVE been sorta hoping for a boy but I don't want to get my hopes up ;) Of course a girl would be awesome too! And this is why I'm not even bothering to find out until the birth. Four more weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! Maybe Thomas (if that hasn't already been used as a middle name)?

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs