Molly is 2!

4.24.2014

And has been, for a solid month now, so this is belated. Because I belazy. Also belated, Molly's 2-year well-check at our lovely medical facility here... When asked if she speaks in 2-3 word sentences and has a vocabulary of 50 words or greater, I just laughed. No, this girl doesn't say anything. Like, at all. Neither did Sam, and we went to EDIS, speech therapy, hearing specialists, etc. He was just stubborn and didn't want to talk. I have a feeling Molly might be the same way. Anywho, the doctor was shocked (at my laughing or the fact that Molly communicates only in grunts and whines? who knows) and said, "Is her father....." (trails off)... I said, "Is her father what? Korean? Hispanic? LOLZ no. No bilingual children here." (Seriously? The red hair?) And now a follow-up with EDIS and probably a scolding from CPS. Heh.

***

Where to begin with this child? I think when she was first born, I was hailing her as The Easy Child and then somewhere along the way, she became The Troublemaker. I know, I know, you don't believe me. How can someone that cute be any trouble? Let me tell you folks, I think that is some sort of God-given defense mechanism. She probably starts 90% of the fights between herself and Sam. She enjoys wrestling as well, so she's game to finish them too.

Molly loves:
  • puppies (especially the raggedy-looking ones)
  • bananas (but not a BROKEN banana, only a full-length, pristine banana will do)
  • attention (someone is going to be devastated when she loses her Korean fan club)
  • macaroni (double fisting wet noodles takes a special kind of skill set)
  • pulling clothes out of the dryer (love ya for it, Molly!)
  • standing at her crib and barking orders to whoever will listen (not bossy, just possesses "leadership qualities", yes?)
  • swinging (not a fan of this one, Molly)
  • reading books (ALL the books- God forbid I take a potty break in the midst of reading the entire bookshelf to you)
  • Sam (he should probably be much higher up on the list, but see that stat above about starting 90% of the fights)
Molly does not love:
  • being told what to do (bossy leader?)
  • eating broken bananas (they surely taste different- offensive, maybe?)
  • being ignored when she wants to be hoisted up and pushed in a swing (it's an activity that guarantees my full attention is on her)
  • having to apologize (she will take herself to her room for timeout before she will apologize- I laugh every single time because it's hilarious to watch her bottom lip pop out and see her stomp off to her room. Jesus help me during the teenage years.)
  • wearing shoes in the car (this is.... annoying)
  • sharing anything with anyone (what's hers is hers and what's yours is hers too- The Rules Of Life According to Molly)
  • finding someone hiding eating yogurt without being offered her own special cup (not sure if a messier food exists in this universe)
  • pants (enough said)
She has recently become enamored with babies, but has no use for baby dolls or baby-ing anything at home. She wants whatever you're eating because it's definitely better than what she's eating. She will call your every bluff. She loves going to preschool. She is the reason my children are in preschool to begin with. She wants to snuggle for a few minutes after waking up from her nap. She is as stubborn as a mule and is quick to get frustrated when she can't do something on her own. She lets me put bows in her hair. She has no time for silverware. She loves shoes, even if they're Sam's. She "reads" in her own little baby language and I think I could listen to her jabber on for hours. She squeals every. single. time she sees Steve after he gets off work. She could watch a parade of cement trucks and diggers for dayssssss. She loves jumping on the trampoline. She doesn't like bathtime. She has one favorite teddy bear and none of us know its name. She randomly runs over and hugs my legs. She also bites when she doesn't get her way. She loves her friends. She is a sweet little doll baby and I sometimes cannot fathom how big she is when I pick her up out of her crib. She used to fit on my chest- in my belly! Now her legs dangle down to my knees and she is done snuggling before I'm finished wiping her gorgeous red hair out of her face. She is a little spitfire and pushes me to my LIMIT, which causes me to drink a ton of wine, but I love her so much and can't wait to see what this coming year brings.

Sweet, squishy newborn chub

Two years old, going on 20

Baby, you're fabulous. And I love you.

xo,
Mama

18 comments :

  1. She is totally fabulous. Happy birthday, Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Molly so much. Never Change girlfriend. Except for the non-words/whining thing- you can probably let go of that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The youngest child is always the troublemaker! I'm starting to realize that (I was the youngest). This was so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! She's just like Lizzie! I thought I was alone with my stubborn, loud, fight starter of a child. I think our girls might just be twins from different mamas :) Happy birthday Molly (a little late) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is fabulous! What a beautiful love letter for her to read later… and for you to come back and read when she's 14. <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. She looks so sassy in the last picture. Happy birthday to her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an admirable two year old. xoxoxo Myer! #youdoyou

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shoes are overrated ;) Happy Birthday, Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Molly! Love her, seriously! And I love this post! I really think her and Layla are soul sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She's got the redhead spunk. I don't know whether to say be proud mama or be afraid. Maybe a mixture of both? But I seriously can't believe she's 2. What. the. heck.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh hell, this post makes me smile SO much! As I've said before, Molly's birthday will always mark the beginning of something wonderful - she's basically the spokesbaby for our friendship. Wine is our spokesbeverage. Love that baby, love you, MISS YOU, now tell her to slow down and go back to the squishy little newborn with the amazing chubby backrolls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love her! I can't wait to hear about her as a teenager! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. GoodNESS she's a cutie. And she sounds so sweet (and infuriating) and perfect. Congrats on making it to two!

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs