Molly's 2nd birthday party (but really, it's only her first-ever party)

3.22.2014


I spent way too much time making this invitation, only to render it useless by creating a facebook event for it. So now I'm posting it here, because someone needs to look at it and acknowledge that the greater majority of a naptime was wasted over my lack of design skills. And now, behold- puppy party pictures.

Wipe your paws. Har har har.




Probably my favorite decoration



Plates and napkins were purchased well over a year ago for Molly's baptism party (which we never had). They somehow survived the trip and were found in time to set the color scheme for the entire party.

Cocoa Puffs and cinnamon Scooby Snacks

Cheesy Chex Mix- this was popular, especially with Sam.

I didn't think anyone actually ate these anymore, but they were devoured fairly quickly.



Molly doesn't like cake (wha??) so I made MY favorite- chocolate/chocolate/chocolate.


When in Korea.... you must make all of your own party supplies because you can't trust anything to ship in a timely manner. Hence my doggy with a big ghetto booty.

This little plastic beauty showed up on the yard sale page a few days before Molly's party, and I knew that it would tickle her pink (literally). She loves it and it was also a hot item to play with at the party.






While the idea of having crayons out around many MANY children who might get away with drawing all over our very white wallpaper freaked me OUT, I'm glad we had a little coloring station. I'm happy to report that our walls are still white, and all crayons are accounted for.



Not pictured- I got out all of our puff balls and had the kids surround the carpet. I gave them each a small basket, then poured the puff balls out onto the floor. I counted to 3 and let them scoop as much "poop" as they could. It was funny to watch the kids go nuts over a game of cleaning. And while there are a few stray puff balls under the couch, I'm shocked that I'm not still finding them everywhere. Nightmare averted!

We had to wake Molly up for her party, so she was a little dazed and confused for the first half of it. Also, screaming and crying. After the party, all the kids went and played on the playground and she found her happy on the swings.

Party favors- the names the kids gave their dogs were hilarious.

Sam says he likes cupcakes, but in reality, he just scoops the frosting off the top and returns the bottom half to us.

And there you have it- Molly's puppy party. I managed to snap a few pictures of the party "in progress" but Molly was so clingy that it was nearly impossible to get anything really good. Hoping naps are less of a staple next year so she can enjoy the entire thing. Overall I am very happy that we did it (the party), but I am relieved that I didn't put such effort into a 1st birthday party. Now Sam tells me he's having a "frog party" in "fowuhteen munfs." Okay then.

24 comments :

  1. Adorable theme! I may do this for Oliver's second.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness what an adorable party!! Did you come up with all of those ideas on your own? Love, love it!! At Brady's 2nd birthday party pretty sure Brady screamed at everyone to not touch the toys and sat at a table alone. Gosh, 2 is such a fun age! ;) I'm sure Layla will act similar at her party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super cute! Your games and snacks were so creative :)

    Kourtney @ ksmmartin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I imagine it took A LOT of time and effort, but I agree that it was perfect for a 2nd birthday party and not a 1st birthday (everyone knows those ones are for the parents, right?).
    Super cute! Where'd you come up with all the ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome. I may in fact steal the entire pawty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute party! I love all of he details. The pet adoption favor is the best! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. JENN!! Oh my gosh, this is the cutest party I've ever seen!! Seriously!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cute and creative party! Love it!
    That 2 is awesome by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How pinterest-y of you Jenn! Where was the wine and what clever puppy name did you give it?

    Happy Birthday Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was so creative!!! I loved the snack ideas and names, lol! Great job Mama :) Looks like everyone had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an adorable party. Amazing pictures. And I love all the of the puppy-themed food. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable! I'm not good at planning or decorating parties. This is seriously adorable though.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I die!! Everything looks amazing!! You did such a great job coming up with all of these ideas and making them look cute! It's all so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE IT! Everything was super cute :) It is such a cute & different idea for a girl party which always makes me happy haha. I'm sure the huge hunk of pink plastic will get much love from both of your kiddos. Oh and the pin the tail on the doggie is super cute & you did waaaaay better than I could have!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dude, you're a pinterest mom!
    Happy Bday, Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute idea! I love the number 2 out of pictures! What a great idea! Seriously it looks like a great party and I do love your invitation :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the big two! I love the invitation! I love it all!

    If you honor Sam's request of 14 months that means you're off the party planning hook for 12 months! Next up will be Molly's again! Unless of course you want to come back and help me do Sesame's bumble bee party. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a totally pinterest-worthy party! I love it, especially the little stuffed puppies as favors. Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love, love this! So cute and creative! Charlotte's first party was her second too. We had to cancel her first twice because she kept getting UTIs.

    ReplyDelete
  21. SO CUTE. Love the theme and the "2" in pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this! So freaking creative.

    ReplyDelete
  23. for birthday party and all type of festival planning is done in a effective way with the help of events managements company,.,.,find some more detail -
    Wedding event management companies in Bangalore | Birthday event management Bangalore

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs