Where I attempt to get some sort of blogging momentum started

2.07.2014

I realized recently that I have nothing to blog about these days. How many times can I tell you about my children smearing their poop everywhere and my needing to drink a lot of wine at the end of the day? Isn't that what instagram is for, after all? I have no crafts to share (I hope no one snorted coffee all over their keyboard at the thought of me doing a craft), no recipes I've whipped up (although I did feed my family mostly raw chicken last night and ordered pizza before it was even stuck back in the oven to finish cooking), and no funny stories to tell (not any that are internet-appropriate anyway). Life is relatively peaceful, and while that doesn't make for very entertaining blogging around these parts, it does make my life a helluva lot easier.

I was browsing Pinterest recently (it seems to have filled my non-blogging void) and stumbled upon a pin about what to blog about when you're in a blogging rut. I'm going to try a few of her suggestions and see if that doesn't help kickstart some of my blogging juices. In the meantime, does anyone have opinions on her first blogging prompt- a home tour?

First of all, I think a home tour here would take all of 2.5 minutes. We live in a shoebox. Does anyone care to see my messy house? Are you interested in the little Korean quirks? I can attempt to hammer out this post while the kids are at preschool one day so that the house stays clean for more than 5 minutes at a time. Let me know if you want me to show you my house, all MTV Cribs style.

Writer's block is so not cool, Mom!

Psssss --> ((Aggie's home tours are waaaaay more inspiring. I want her to come to Korea. Not only to decorate my house, but to also make her amazing fried rice and African stew and quinoa creations and let her babies play with my babies while we talk about the world's most pressing issues. She is obviously multi-talented. Just one reason I love (and miss!) her so much.))


24 comments :

  1. I'll take a house tour! I want to see this little shoebox!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Closet blog reader here. I love your blog and I want a house tour and Korean quirks. Yup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I need blogging prompts too...off to look...

    I absolutely love house tours so I am 100% in support of you doing one. Do it!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think your blog ate my comment...I want it back!

    I am 100% in support of you doing a house tour. Do it!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah a house tour would be good ;) you always talk about the quirks & the tiny-ness of it. Oh and your house cannot be ANY where near as messy as mine... Ugh let's not talk about it I'm procrastinating by reading/writing this...

    Oh and I'm also in a blogging rut... Geez it is winter bringing me down I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Home tour! Our first house at Hood was a shoebox. I define shoebox by being able to vacuum the whole house without having to change outlets.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'd take a home tour! And Korean quirks are always interesting. Had I been in the right frame of mind and/or felt like cutting ties with every Alaska friendship I had, I probably could've made a career out of Alaska quirks. Oh well. Opportunity lost.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Obviously. Your last home your was amazing, because only you can make them hilarious. You could also do a post about all the weird Korean translations. They make me laugh. Obviously, the theme here is: bring humor to Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo and have you ever seen the tumblr 'reasons my kid is crying'? I feel like we could have a very successful ginger version of that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Umm yes I want to see a home tour!! Aaaand I want to know your favorite/least favorite things about Korea. And what you miss the most/least about America. And how about a letter to your 18 year old self? A day in the life post? Ooh how about your favorite blogs to read, I'm always looking for new blogs to follow! I'll let you know if I think of any others! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I definitely want to see a home tour!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the quirks! Once I get our place situated, I really want to do a home tour too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A home tour is a must! You need to document all of the quirks so they don't get lost in the muddle of the memories of all the places the Army takes you. Plus I'm curious to see how your Korean home compares to our English home. Do you have cabinets in YOUR bathroom? A pantry? A dryer? Light switches inside the bathrooms?

    There are a lot of other great prompts through that link. I'd love to read them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I put in a very thoughtful vote for a home tour, but.... *poof!* In case it reappears, I'll just say YES, do it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love a house tour! I've never lived overseas and would love to experience it through your eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I normally blog about randomness, or just "what I did today" topics. Afterall, my blog chronicles my family's day to day life...mundane or not! A home tour would be cool though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You could totally do a house tour before you've cleaned it so I'll feel better about how dirty mine is. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I definitely want to see your Korean "shoebox"!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wait, what's wrong with your current blogging style? I love it! 365 pics is a great idea. It took bullet point blogging to a new level ;). Miss you, and yes a house tour is needed!

    ReplyDelete
  20. YES!! Do a home tour, preferably with video (<--- keep up with the Joneses). I loved the Campbell tour you did. It was so nice to show up and know where to find your tissue box. A tour will be really helpful for when Sesame and I come visit in the summer.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved your home tour!! It was great to see inside your life in Korea :) And now I know why your house was so tidy in the pics lol, the kiddos were at preschool ;)

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs