Why does it make me write a title for every single post? I'm not that creative.

10.28.2013

Remember how I mentioned that I had no desire to blog lately? I was going through my reader and came across this post. Nothing but the last paragraph stood out to me- I'm the only one who is going to tell my stories. I want more words to look back on one day. And one day is coming fast.

((Cue my panic about all my thoughts about all the stories I haven't blogged that I might want to remember one day.))

This blog is almost like that back section of your closet that you keep shoving stuff into and you always procrastinate organizing it. (Or is that just me?) My layout is horrible, things are a bit messy, and my About page says that I'm still PREGNANT WITH MOLLY. So.... hmmm time to spruce things up around here. I actually have a post in my head too. And I wrote notes on my phone so I don't forget to write it. This is about as close to scheduling a post as I wanna get, but at least I finally have something to write about that's not bullet points! (You: Praise Jesus!) So excuse the mess here over the next few days. I am going to attempt to get this ol' girl back up and running!

Annnnnd a gratuitous photo of (the majority of us) dressed up in traditional Korean hanbuk outfits. Sam would rather pick-pocket Steve than be caught dead wearing pink pants. (Although Steve pulls them off well, don't you think?) Definitely a Christmas card contender. (eye roll)

I'm the only one who is going to tell my stories. I want more words to look back on one day. One day is coming fast. - See more at: http://www.shelikespurple.com/shelikespurple/2013/10/i-wrote-a-book-when-i-was-in-fourth-grade-an-rl-stine-like-thriller-that-was-no-doubt-truly-awful-and-not-all-that-thrilli.html#sthash.CLyhOw5H.dpuf
I'm the only one who is going to tell my stories. I want more words to look back on one day. One day is coming fast. - See more at: http://www.shelikespurple.com/shelikespurple/2013/10/i-wrote-a-book-when-i-was-in-fourth-grade-an-rl-stine-like-thriller-that-was-no-doubt-truly-awful-and-not-all-that-thrilli.html#sthash.CLyhOw5H.dpuf

20 comments :

  1. Coming up with titles is horrible. If you leave it blank, blogger will just fill it in with the first line of your blog post. I would know.

    Looking forward tomore of your posts! You always make me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure what's funnier - the fact that Sam is robbing Steve blind, or the look on his face realizing he's BUSTED :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the costumes, they are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that picture of you guys!! I hear ya, I feel like I have so much to do to get my blog looking even halfway decent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am currently hysterically laughing at this photo and the comment of your son pick pocketing your husband hahaha!!! :) Thank you, sincerely, for making today less sucky!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it! Sam is awesome:) This photo reminds me of this: http://heatherivesphotography.blogspot.com/2012/06/were-so-korean-smile.html. You should do it; you guys can TOTALLY pass as Korean! Also, I want to go to Korea soooooooooooooooo bad but the husband doesn't:( If only he would realize all the awesome people we could hang with!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've been trying to get back into blogging--like, really blogging not just overloading with pictures. it's so tough sometimes to muster the energy it takes (more than people realize, i think. thanks for sharing that quote, though. so, so true that no one else will tell these stories if i don't.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know exactly what you mean about blogging... I sat down and did three post for this week and scheduled them but I still have more to work on... finding time & the words is so tough sometimes. The stories are there but being able to express them is completely different. Stupid titles trip me every time.

    The picture is priceless! Sam's face and Molly mean mugging yet again... but always so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My blog has never been very organized, but I want my kids to grow up and read it one day. I suck at scrap booking so it's my alternative :) your blog is great :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm the worst at titles. I've been in a slump lately with blogging and my about page has been "under construction" for 4 months now. You've given me the motivation to get it done and get back into it all. Love that quote.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I saw the title of this post and laughed out loud! I feel the exact same way about post titles!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ha! I imagine Sam is thinking something like 'well they've lost it so I'd better get some money and get the hell before it happens to me!'

    ReplyDelete
  13. The look on Molly's face is priceless. It's amazing how I found MORE time to blog when Matt was deployed than I find now. You would think it would be the other way around. I think I don't write very much because my little life is pretty boring and people don't want to read boring.
    P.S. I love your bullet posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That picture is PRICELESS, which is good because I think your kid probably stole all your money

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG - best picture ever! Sam and the wallet is priceless. That kid knows where it's at!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This pic is so cray. And this new layout is fancy.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't hate me for saying cray. I meant cray fish.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs