A Molly update and a Saturday morning walk to learn about "prehistory" in Korea (also, a bajillion photos)

10.04.2013

If you've been reading for any length of time, you'll remember Molly's medical drama that began on our trip to Korea. It has consumed most of our time in this new country, from sweating it out at various medical clinics (quite literally) to getting up throughout the night to administer medicine to worrying and stressing over the results we'd be given at her next doctor's appointment. Friday afternoon, my fears were relieved when I learned that the results from her latest blood work showed her white blood cell counts were increasing. (AMEN AMEN AMEN.) We will test again in a month to confirm that they are still rising, but as of now, the doc here is calling her healed. Thank y'all so very much for the thoughts and prayers for Molly (and me, my sanity, and I). And if you could please continue praying that none of us ever get sick here for the next two years, that would also be much appreciated. Thaaaaaaanks!

In other news, we went out in search of a fabled pumpkin "patch" this morning and instead of getting awesome shots of that, we wandered around a "prehistory" park.

Remember how Koreans stack rocks for good luck? All these Korean children had stacked rocks on this ledge. My children came through and pushed all the rocks "back where they belong" and probably cursed about 4 different families in the process. Such good little ambassadors.

But wild dogs are ok.



His shirt says "I am 2" and it's the last week he can wear it without being called a liar.

These weren't creepy at all. Just ten or so monkey men in varying degrees of nakedness.

I have no clue what these things are, but they're like the mascots for our little area in Korea.

"I see pay-gound!" Ooh sadly it was just that spider. (?)


We came across some cages full of guinea pigs. And this ties in with prehistory how?

Who even cares? Molly thought they were hilarious.

Here she is showing her audience (not pictured: no fewer than 12 Korean fans) how funny these pigs were.

Most of the park was like this- statues depicting what times were like during "prehistory" (slaying wooly mammoths with rocks and sticks, carrying antelopes on sticks, women with no tops carrying half-naked children- I feel like this park should be rated PG13). I had no idea so many countries and flags existed during this time period. This trip = educational.

Seeing wildflowers like this in the fall makes me almost giddy for spring (and side note: this is strange because I hate spring. Spring = gateway to summer. Summer = hell on earth. Literally.)


Steve- will always offer to carry children | Sam- will never smile on demand

THIS. This is what we came for. And it was all locked up after we got done learning all those fascinating things about prehistory. The pumpkins grow up in the air on these little trellis thingamajigs and hang down. Talk about the perfect photo! (And perfect time to invest in a quality bike helmet) We might try again, but with the language barrier, it makes asking to "just go take pictures" slightly difficult. I need to make friends with a bilingual Korean who wouldn't mind hanging out and doing silly things like this with me.

This is the post that never endssss... yes it goes on and on MY FRIENDSSSS....

And this all happened before noon! Next we headed over to the dinosaur playground. You can't drag kids through a prehistory park and not take them to the dinosaur playground...

His sunglasses only took forever and 3 days to arrive, but now that he has them, he "needs" them. (Until he doesn't anymore and I need to hold them.) He's Mr. Cool.


Steve- my only willing subject



I know what you're wondering, and the answer is yes, they are this cute in real life. And Molly's fingers are still deliciously chubby.

Her new favorite thing is to pull up her shirt, tuck it beneath her chin, and parade about while slapping her belly and chuckling to herself.

After I took this picture, a little group huddled around her, a little boy gave her a wildflower, and she promptly threw it on the ground and blew him a kiss. Heart. Breaker. (They all thought this was hilarious, especially since she continued with her old man chuckle as she toddled away.)


We made it back to the car in time for Molly to konk out for a power nap and for Sam to complain that his feet hurt and he wanted his shoes off (NO NO NO OMG THE STENCH PLEASE GOD NO). Kiddos are stirring (aka whining very loudly from their cribs) and it's time to see what we can get into this afternoon. As soon as I wake up Steve, that is. (Being married to me is exhausting apparently.)

19 comments :

  1. Looks like another great day with your family! Love all the pictures, especially the picture of Molly and her belly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for positive medical results!!!! "no pet dog allowed"....lmao. that is hilarious

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was as cool as Sam when I put on sunglasses.

    I wish Georgia had pretty fall flowers -- it kind of does but it still feels very summer like here so I don't think they count.

    I wish I could go to a dinosaur park!

    I wish I could flash my belly around like Molly and look cute like she does! I'm pretty sure I'd be locked up in a looney bin if I tried that.

    And the flower/blow him a kiss thing- OH MY GOSH!! HAHAHAHA!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific. That dino park looks pretty neat...as well as the creepy pre-history park. How warm is it there? It's still in the 80s here and I don't really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man! I'm so glad you posted about this because I do would've wanted to check out the prehistory park if I came over, and now I know it would just make me angry! As always, those kids of yours are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that Molly is doing better! What a crazy park! Your kiddos seriously are the cutest! And just for good measure one more exclamation point !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything about this post but Miss Molly just kills me Her expressions, now her favorite activity and blowing kisses and throwing down flowers? Yep she is too funny and sassy much like my girl who is close on her heals with these things = love!

    Oh and that picture of Steve & Molly kisses? Precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so talented at taking awesome pictures of your kids! And I'm loving all these wide open spaces!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bwahahaha! Laughing out loud at Steve on the playground and at Molly pulling her shirt up and chuckling! What a busy (and educational, lol!) morning :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful pictures as always!!!! Love Molly's stomach showing! Lizzie does the same thing :) looks like you guys are keeping busy!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Every time I see Molly's hair, I squeal a little. So pretty. I know I've said this before.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad she's doing better!
    What a fun morning, and what a happy giant spider.

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are three great things in this post:
    1. Those little mascots that look like strawberry people. Do they come as figurines?
    2. Steve posing with all the dinosaurs for you.
    3. Molly letting her belly hang out in all it's glory.There's no way that girl's not healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so, so confused. I love how the themed parks don't really stay on theme. I also love that Molly loves to tuck her shirt under her chin and walk around slapping her belly while chuckling—I thought I was the only one who did that.

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOVE the photos! And I'm glad Molly is doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Molly's new favorite thing. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs