But I'm not joking when I tell you her appointment lasted TWO SOLID HOURS. This was my face most of the time.
I'm glad Sarah saved the day once again and watched Sam for me so I only had to put on a show for one child instead of two. Since we had so much time in there to ourselves, I did a thorough examination on Molly. I usually only see her undressed while I'm giving her a bath (quick!) and when I'm lotioning her up for bed (quicker!) and right before I swaddle her (quickest!), so I don't really take the time to look over every square inch of her chub. But today I did, and I noticed some red patches at the bottom of her back. I assumed it was just a little dry skin, but brought it up to the doctor anyway.
BIG MISTAKE. I hear a list of words that make me scrunch my nose and squint my eyes and audibly say things like, "SHUT UP SHUT UP NO NO NO" to people I just met (like, say, for instance, the doctor).
Words like:
- eczema
- allergies
- gluten
- dairy
- Try eliminating these foods from your diet for a month and see if things improve.
DAMMIT TO HELL I am not ready to give up the milk in my coffee or cheese or real-life chocolate cake or breaded anything. I try consoling myself with the fact that it's only for a month. But the month I'm conducting this little food experiment would be the one month of the year that contains a food holiday. And my birthday. So cake and breaded things will be missed. I guess I will just suck it up and eat more fruit. And by "eat more fruit" I obviously mean drink a lot of wine.
| Geez you're cute. And worth it. |

You can do it! I hope the month flies by for you. :)
ReplyDeleteBooooo. :/ dislike! But she is sooooo cuddly cute!
ReplyDeleteDIET?! ACK!
ReplyDeleteCharlotte has the eczema too. =/ We just lotion lotion lotion and more lotion. I haven't changed a thing. Of course, I'm pretty sure she doesn't have food allergies. Well...not any that we've found yet. Good luck with that diet thing. Cutting out foods/food groups is the worse.
Dear Molly,
ReplyDeleteLook kid... You're worth it. That's a given. But did you have to wait until the onslaught of November to show signs? Oh, you're cute but that's just mean! Give you're ma a break - let her eat cheese! Or, you know, keep being your sweet little chub self and she'll probably let you off the hook because SHEESH, you make everyone want to just squeeze you all day long!
Love,
Lauren
Molly, we love you, but because of this, your mommy is planning on spending weekend in Jan. drinking wine with sort of strangers. Don't worry, I will take lots of pictures and make sure you remember that time Mommy left.
DeleteHehehe there is a high fruit content in wine :)
ReplyDeleteOh no poor baby and poor you for having to give up things you love that aren't even affecting you so to speak ;)
She is worth it though, especially if the problem is bothering her and she cannot tell you herself.
Those pics of Sam are awesome, I smiled when I saw those and read that he didnt like his hands having cake on them lol ahhh kids!! They're funny little beings :)
I hope you guys are all well and coping with Steve away xo
Oh nooooooo!!! Hopefully she just really needs a good lotion. :) Allergies aren't allowed.
ReplyDeleteOh noooooo! Hopefully all she needs is a good lotion. :) Allergies aren't allowed!!
ReplyDeleteoo gosh! I'll be happy to eat your share of breaded things for you. :) So sorry! Maybe she's just allergic to Clarksville? I'm pretty sure that's possible...
ReplyDeleteI love love that picture of Molly! She is a Gerber baby to the 1000th degree. Good luck on the food allergy stuff. My heart goes out to you.
ReplyDeleteWOW! This makes me wonder now because I too noticed like 2 VERY light in color, pinkish dry patches on Alyssa's back the other day. I thought maybe it's from the bath foam we use, so I bought a new one. NOW I'm WONDERING!!! Because my husband had TERRIBLE allergies as a kid and his mother is always asking me about how she's doing with her solids, in regards to that...Oh man. Now I'm scared to ask the peds at her next appointment November 1st!
ReplyDeletedude.I actually just completely second Lauren's comment up there.
ReplyDeleteOh Booooo!!!! Hopefully you will find out it's none of those things and just some dry skin. :( I hope this food holiday and your birthday (by the way we share a birthday month!!!!!) Good luck to you and your "diet" (I've never been good at cutting out breads)
ReplyDeleteIt cracks me up that you said "Sarah saved the day again." Like I go around wearing my Super Sarah cape or something. lol.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like Sarah does wear a cape. Own it, girlfriend.
DeleteMadden has another doctor appointment tomorrow because we cut out milk since his last appointment- and now the past week dairy altogether and it's somehow getting worse!
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the dairy free club. I've been a member for 2 1/2 months... A consolation? You lose some weight! (not just post baby weight)
ReplyDeleteJust make sure to only change things one at a time. Otherwise you'll blame every cry/speck/rash on anything you do/eat/drink.
We started using Udderly Smooth cream (in the tub) to help Madeline's dry skin. She couldn't tolerate aveeno, burt's bees, anything else... Udderly Smooth is delicious! And I bathe her using Cetaphyl...very gentle.
Also- you can still eat potato bread, pita, some bagels and tortilla chips. They make some good non-dairy chocolate chunks for baking/eating. AND I use Coffeemate still, because it has less than 2% actual dairy in the bottle.
ReplyDeleteA good ice cream alternative? A frozen banana mixed with cocoa powder and honey in the food processor.
A good whipped cream alternative? Coconut milk in a can- put it in the fridge overnight. Then scoop out the thick part, and whip with a hand mixer with sugar, vanilla and cinnamon.
No Molly, no! You love everything. Trust Aunt Kate. Do it.
ReplyDeleteAhhh! She is too freaking cute! I can't handle it! I hope the diet experiment goes well and you can determine what the issue is.
ReplyDelete