Talk about support and encouragement and commiseration and just pure LOVE! Y'all are awesome. I sincerely appreciate every last comment you left me on my deployment posts. I am grateful to have so many great folks to lean on during this Army-induced separation. And I love how many of you said "shit" in your comments too. You're my kinda' people.
I am sure there are many of you wondering just how many bottles of wine I have consumed and how many chocolate cakes I have devoured since Steve left. Let me clear the air: wine- none; cake- none of your business. Molly still isn't sleeping through the night (I KNOW), and I feel all kinds of weird and sluggish when I have to get up with her the first time she wakes (which is also the moment I hit some deep REM sleep cycles) (also, notice I said the FIRST time she wakes. That means that she is getting up multiple times and is sealing her position as Baby Of The Family with every night-waking.). So I am kind of afraid to add wine into the mix. It is a SEDATIVE and the last thing I need help with these days is being SEDATED. So as much as I would like a glass or twelve, between pumping during the day and konking out the second I hit the pillow at night, I have not had a chance to indulge in that. Rest assured that I will not go the entire deployment without it though. I guess I'm just waiting for a very special occasion or something. ("Something" being a babysitter that will spend the night and get up with my kids.)
Speaking of special occasions, I got a stomach bug last week which then mutated into some sort of freak laryngitis. I, of course, called my mama. She, of course, came to my rescue. Molly, of course, continued to sleep like a 5lb newborn (clearly just a dream for her since she was at least 5lbs at 5 months in-utero). Sam, of course, acted like a butthead for the duration of her visit. We all, of course, miss having her here now.
Here is a series of photos depicting Molly being overly enthusiastic during story time.
 |
| Give it to me! Now! |
 |
| Haha! Sister got shut down! |
 |
| Al. Most. Reeeeeeeach! |
 |
| She's ruining the book! Listen to me whine about it! Wah! |
 |
| Would you care to stop taking pictures and maybe help referee for a minute? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| If that isn't the scariest face you've seen in a while... Denied! |
Molly did not appreciate being held back from tasting the book. She prefers to read with all of her senses. To be fair, most of our books are covered in some sort of food-like substance, so it's not like her heart wasn't in the right place.
I don't want to alarm you, but I feel as though I could just nibble away on her chubby little limbs. In a totally non-cannibalistic way, of course.
ReplyDeleteI love how nonchalantly you dropped in that you had a stomach bug. UGH, you poor thing! I'm so glad your mom was able to come to the rescue!
ReplyDeleteExcuse me.
ReplyDeleteI thought I offered to be your "something", didn't I? Perhaps I should offer again. Ahem. I can come over sometime to get up with Molly during the night and get up with them both in the morning so you can sleep. (Sound familiar?)
I'm going to read the rest of this post now. I might feel inclined to leave another comment by the time I'm done.
You were sick! Helping could have passed it on to one of the kids, duh mom. (yea, I threw out a 'duh', back off)
ReplyDeleteLOL @ Trish's comment
ReplyDeleteAnywho...what was I going to say? Oh yeah...yesterday I found a book that I was sure our dog got ahold of except the dog hasn't been inside in a long, long time. My kid is teething something awful and I'm pretty sure he swallowed 1/4 of that board book which is alarming b/c I had no idea this was going on and it must have taken awhile. I'm such a good attentive mom.
I loved these pics of Molly so much I made Noah and Ethan look at them, and Ethan exclaimed "holy guacamole!" The chub is just hilarious and freaking too cute.
ReplyDeleteI made Noah and Ethan look at these pics of Molly I loved them so much, and Ethan exclaimed "holy guacamole!" Noah himself was a chubtastic baby. It's hilarious/too cute.
ReplyDeleteBahahaha @ the cake consumption being none of our business. ;) You are my kind of woman.. haha. I hope the nights get easier and you can consume some guilt free wine. It's a must!
ReplyDeleteThat is what moms are for. And someday when Molly calls you when she's neck deep in diapers and whining, you'll be there for her too... With a bottle of wine... All for yourself... Because girlfriend, let's face it, it's payback time.
ReplyDelete(I kid, I kid... Kinda...)
Also, um, are you feeling better now?! Good lord woman, I need to send you chicken soup... Or possibly more wine? I'm not sure, I don't know too much about medicine and healing substances. But that's generally a good remedy.
ReplyDeleteOh my I love this! Minus you having a stomach bug of course. Your mom doesn't even looked phased about juggling oh the feeling of knowing what you're doing with multiple kiddos... can you ask her if that happens overnight or do I have to wait until grandparenthood to really "get it"?
ReplyDeleteohmygosh her thighs!! how do you not just pinch her all day every day?!!?
ReplyDeleteOh, the rolls. Just want to eat em' up!
ReplyDeleteSo good to see you have kept your sense of humour throughout what has no doubt been a difficult couple of weeks for you! I loved this post and I especially loved the pictures. There was one of Sam laughing like he had 'won' and then the last one of Molly crying because she couldn't get her own way, priceless!!
ReplyDeleteIt was great you had your mum visiting you all for a bit, keep your chin up and look forward to that wine in the not too distant future :)
Yes, I agree, that there baby is the most squishable, squeezable, pinchable baby in all of time. Hurrah for moms to the rescue! Hope you're feeling better.
ReplyDeleteHer rolls. I can't.
ReplyDeleteAlso- in my mind you don't have a southern accent.
Hahaha! That's what story time looks like at our house, but once Elizabeth doesn't get the book, she goes after her brother. :) She is too cute! I hope you are feeling better, and yes you need to make some time to have your wine and RELAX! I know it isn't easy, but you will find your routine soon. Don't worry about how much cake you are eating, I was eating cookies like they were going outta style while my husband was gone :) Ya do what ya gotta do :)
ReplyDeleteThank goodness for moms coming to the rescue.
ReplyDeleteHow old is Molly?? She is so adorable.
Thanks for coming by today and for the kind words. It makes my day :)
ReplyDelete