The whine that broke the mommy's back

8.06.2012

What's a SAHM to do when she needs a break from her whiny needy poopy sweet children? First, she raids her secret stash of dark chocolate. (And in order to call it a successful raid, the stash must be completely. wiped. out. So... mission accomplished.)


Next? Research mother's morning out and any and all available child-related activities where it is acceptable to drop my child/children off and GO. I don't have grand plans to wile away many peaceful hours sitting in a Starbucks, drinking cappuccinos and reading Hemingway.  I will be happy to sit in my car and eat an egg Mcmuffin, so long as I can be guaranteed to hear nothing but my own thoughts. No whining, no crying (unless I feel moved to do so myself, and let's be honest, if I get some peace and quiet, there will be many tears of joy), no bodily functions occurring on me. I don't think this is asking too much. I have gotten to the point where I need some time. Some space. Some peace. Kerri once said, "I need some distance to make my heart grow fonder," and glory hallelujah if I don't agree.

Get ready kids! Time for you to become socialized!!!! YEEHAW!!!!

15 comments :

  1. Agreed and agreed!! Aidan loves his nursery babysitter and she actually wants to come watch him so I can go out with just one kid haha. Praise the Lord!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely me today!! but where to take them???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! I have been searching for a reasonably priced part time preschool here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, I'm so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally understand! And this is coming from a Mama with one "still on the inside" I can only imagine life with them both out & about. Guess I will find out in 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I totally understand. That is why, even though I am home during the summer, the kids go to preschool two days a week. It gives all of us the much needed break. Plus I think having Lucas around some older kids has helped his language develop so much quicker.
    I hope you find something that will work for you guys and just enjoy the quiet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think we all can understand! Amen! Let me know how the MDO program works and how you like it. I'd be happy with a whole blog post about it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you are able to get some time for yourself! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Word. This is why it was so lovely when my MIL visited this week. Target? By myself? HOLLA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope you can find something! It is so good for them and for you. My first two hours 'off' is on Wednesday. I'm not sure what I am going to do with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahaha oh lord girl the fact that you went this long is a miracle to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I support this motion 100%. Praying for peace for you mama.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha too funny! You make me laugh :)
    Hope you got that time out lol

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs