Warning: Chub Overload

8.27.2012

Molly, you are officially 5 months old today. I guess that might explain why you were up nonstop since midnight last night. God forbid we don't celebrate properly with a party-all-night-but-not-in-the-crib-with-our-eyes-closed mentality like you do. Seriously, child. You gave me such high hopes with your sleeping patterns as a newborn. Now you're all over the place.

Faker.

Stats-wise, the last time you were "officially" weighed (this past Friday), you clocked in at 19lbs 2oz. Your dad and I started trying to amass some sort of cooler-weather-clothes-collection for you and your brother while we were on vacation and y'all basically wear the same size. (That sound was my jaw hitting the floor because 24-month/2T clothing and YOU ARE ONLY FIVE MONTHS OLD OMG.) That badonkadonk of yours refuses to fit into anything smaller than size 24-months. Winter should be very interesting here wardrobe-wise. I have put your grandparents on alert to check all clearance racks for size 24-month capris, because that is just how short your legs are. They will fit like pants and be perfect.

You don't say!
You are sitting up on your own now, but I don't trust you enough to leave you sitting anywhere by yourself. You enjoy randomly flinging yourself backwards when we're sitting on the bed. You can also roll from back to tummy but get pretty frustrated if I don't flip you back over in a timely manner.


You hate pacifiers. Half of me loves this (no nasty pacifiers to keep up with!) but the other half of me is kind of grossed out thinking of what sorts of disgusting things your mouth will come into contact with by thumb-sucking (dirty hands!).


You look so so interested in food, but I'm holding off on letting you try anything til after next month. Although you would NOT quit reaching for a banana that your dad was holding the other day, so he let you attempt to taste it. You were not impressed. Hopefully that will tide you over for another month or so.


You ADORE Sam. I think you prefer him over me. If it weren't for the milk situation we've got goin' on, I'd bet money on it. And he loves you too. We were clearing out your closet today (you know, just bagging up the 9-month clothes), and Sam accompanied me on a potty break. (You were sitting in your sleeper/rocker in your room.) I assume you were a little peeved because we didn't bring you with us. (I'm sorry.) So I asked Sam if he would go talk to you. He ran away and when I peeked through the door, he was hovered over you, rocking you gently and speaking his little gibberish language that you probably understand perfectly. And you- YOU- immediately stopped whining and looked at him with happy eyes and a big, wide smile.


Yep, that one.

You were also whining while I was making dinner tonight (surprise! How dare anyone else eat around here..) and Sam creeped toward you, then quickly hiked up his shorts to reveal his BABY THIGHS!!!
(We squeal for that around here. He has such cute little skinny thighs, and he'll hike up his shorts to show them to us. So we hoot and holler and make a big deal out of them. I guess he thought Molly would think it was funny and stop crying. But alas. Even sweet baby thighs can't satisfy a baby during The Witching Hour.)

Do I look impressed? No? Good.

You are right on track with your development. The nurse-practitioner that saw you this past Friday was just so impressed with you. Your alertness, sunny disposition, willingness to cooperate during the exam, and of course, your size. People do a double-take when they find out that you are the product of breastmilk.

Say what now?

Goh-zillah!!!
And your cheeks are still defying gravity.


Also, I know you appear to never wear any clothes. But this little photo session was done this morning while we were the only two up. I didn't want to creep upstairs and risk waking your brother. So off with the swaddle and outside we went! You're in such a perfect mood in the mornings.

I love you!

22 comments :

  1. Dear God, please give me a little chubby baby girl like Molly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think she looks like you! Aside from the hair situation.. And I've only seen you clothed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That chubbiness is just too much to handle!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHMYGODTHEGOHZILLAPICTURE!!!

    I better have fat, gurgly, squishy, lovey babies someday.

    Otherwise I'm trading them in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. <3 <3 <3 <3
    I love everything about this post. and my gosh, molly is just adorable in her chubbyness!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! And that picture of her looking down is to die for. Those cheeks are amazing! And I love the relationship her and Sam have!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OH MY WORD!! She is the cutest thing ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet! She is just too adorable! Oh the chub :) Rowan is *just* transitioning to 24 mo/2T, but can still wear 18 mo. She started chubby! But when she weaned, she slimmed down. That milk is secret weapon for chubby babes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww she is so big already...time flies! Such cuteness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is the cutest thing! How do you handle the cuteness?!
    yay 5 months!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG!!!! She is too stinking cute!!!! Don't you love how the big brother can get them to calm down? Amazing isn't it? Elizabeth hates it when everyone leaves her in a room too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy 5 months, Molly! A few more oz and you'll outweigh my one year old. You go girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. P.S. I nominated your blog for the Liebster Award. You deserve it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. those chubs are TO DIE FOR!!! i love her soo much. She reminds me of Rachel - who was also 20 pounds at 4 months... you should see some of my old blogs... she was sooo fat and short it was hilarious!

    Molly is a DOLL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ahhhh, happy 5 months beautiful girl!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. oh my lord! her cheeks!! I just want to pinch her

    ReplyDelete
  17. I. Love. Her. Oh my, she is just too adorable. Her cheeks and her smiles are the best! Happy 5 months sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Molly, you know how much I love you adn your chub. Also, tell your mommy to stop lying to blogland, we all know you don't wear clothes, it is okay. Love, Aunt Bloggy Kate

    ReplyDelete
  19. She looks just like her Aunt Liz in her Godzilla pic! Love that little chunk to the moon and back

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh could she be any cuter? Look at her, these pics are adorable!! I love how you write, your humour is awesome and you had me smiling when you said you were bagging up her 9 month clothes hehehe
    Cute post and pictures!!
    Hope you have a wonderful week Jenn and kiddos xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  21. I was just looking back to read your posts about when Steve left because that seemed like a healthier way to cry than drinking a bottle of wine during naptime BUT THEN I FOUND FAT BABY MOLLY! And now I don't need to cry anymore because I am so happy. Well played Myer, well played.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs