The huge upside to this major milestone is that there is no more pressure for me to remember his sippy cup whenever we go out. The gigantic might-almost-outweigh-this-little-milestone downside to him learning this is that he is now going to demand we share whatever we're drinking, which, in my case, is usually Coke Zero. And I do not want my child drinking Coke Zero. So I guess I will have to start getting water when we go out so as not to create an unhealthy influence on my child. Do kids under two years old understand the phrase "do as I say and not as I do"?
Molly slept for most of the evening, despite the weirdies that wanted to keep touching her feet and commenting on how gigantic she is.
| Guarding her milk like her life depends on it (and it does). |
This is how I looked at them when they touched my sleeping baby.
After arriving home, everyone became partially-dressed in a matter of minutes. Sam drank so much water out of my straw that he was thoroughly soaked up his back and Molly was drenched too. So after everyone got changed/undressed, we went outside and played. Ok, Sam played. Molly watched in adoration and I guarded my straw like my life depended on it. (Was secretly drinking more Coke Zero.)
So there you have it. Twenty-two months old (today!) and he finally learned to drink out of a straw. I wanted to document that properly. Here on the internet, of course.
It's funny how all of a sudden they can do something like an expert.
ReplyDeleteWe order Wil his own water sometimes lemonade because he looovvveesss it. And most places are kid friendly = cups with tops slightly easier but not spill proof and he leaves mine alone for the most part haha.
Yea for Sam!!!!! By the way, when Lucas started drinking out of straws I started carrying the bendable straws in my purse because most restaurants don't carry them and they prevent many a spills from happening....trust me :) P.S. your kids get more cute every time you post about them :)
ReplyDeleteAll hail the mighty Sam! Earl of Straw-Drinking!!!
ReplyDelete(And Molly, Duchess of Tummies in Need of Tickles... And Milk)
(Good lord, that picture of her and Steve - have they invented a word for that yet? Good luck with that Merriam-Webster)
Somehow I missed that fact that it was Steve's hail and farewell. I thought it was just a general thing. I must say, BWW is a sophisticated place for the big event.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THAT PICTURE OF MOLLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I mean, Molly AND Steve.
Congrats on hitting that milestone! When my youngest finally hit it, I went out and bought a travel toothbrush holder and put bendy straws in it. It fit in the diaper bag, and we always had straws just in case he wanted a drink and no place had straws.
ReplyDeleteWAHOOOO!!! SAM BONES!!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great milestone for Sam! :)
ReplyDeleteI understand your joy. Madden justttt figured out how to drink from any kind of sippy cup- thus ingesting his first actual drinks.
ReplyDeleteWoo hoo!! What an awesome milestone to hit! And such a relief, I'm sure :) I'm about to embark on this mommy journey and I know I'll appreciate every milestone that comes our way with our baby girl :)
ReplyDeleteI am currently beating my head against the wall due to army rescheduling/lack of information. But anyway, yay for Sam! And seriously, why do people touch a sleeping baby?
ReplyDelete