One month (and loads of cute pictures OF COURSE)

4.27.2012

Dear little Molly,
One month ago today you joined our family. We were so excited and SURPRISED to meet you and find out that you were a girl! Well, I was surprised. Daddy says he knew all along. I think he's just naturally lucky. I mean, look at the family he scored.


I REST MY CASE.

You have been quite an easy addition to our family. You sleep well (PRAISE JESUS AND MARY AND JOSEPH AND ALL THE CHOIRS OF ANGELS IN HEAVEN), you eat like there truly is no tomorrow (I can appreciate that you're just trying to live life to the fullest), and you generally don't cry unless something is wrong (or if you sense me sitting down to eat a meal).


You have already outgrown all of the newborn onesies and diapers. We opened a pack of size one diapers while waiting for your cloth dipes to arrive and it looks like blood is finally circulating to your lower half again. That might explain the blowouts you've had over the past couple of days.


You have quite the ability to sleep through just about anything. Except, of course, if I happen to scratch my nose in the middle of the night. Your little ears pick up on that a lot easier than your brother running through the house, shrieking, and banging lids onto pots.


Your hair is MOST DEFINITELY auburn, or some form of red. It is glaringly obvious when you're in the sun. You have THE SHARPEST nails on the face of the earth and I only remember this when I am burping you and you make it your personal mission to scrape every trace of skin off my chest. Your eyes are a deep blue and I so hope they stay that way because they're gorgeous. Your brother's blue eyes stuck, so maybe you'll luck out and keep yours too. Also like your brother, you are coming down with a mild case of baby acne. <sigh> I was hoping you could avoid it, but yours isn't that bad unless you're really freaking out over something and your face turns the color of a thousand tomatoes. I will also note that you had your first bath recently (oy that nasty little umbilical stub did NOT want to come off... ewww...) and you basically turned purple from screaming so much. Soothing? Relaxing? A time for bonding? A cue to signal that bedtime is approaching? I guess Johnson and Johnson will have to sell that crap to someone else because YOU AREN'T BUYIN'. I hate to break it to you, but you are one hot-natured little lady, and baths are going to become a frequent thing for you. That, or you are going to really start smelling like old cheese. And I think it goes without saying that you have THE MOST kissable cheeks in all the land. I cannot get enough of them.


I swear I've seen you smile so much. And not just when you're dreaming. Or farting. But you have honest-to-goodness smiled at me more than once. You've even laughed. The laughter was most likely from the farting, but the smiles are genuine. I don't care what the doctors say. You are a HAPPY baby.


You should also note that you are wearing clothes designed for the female portion of the population. We have had quite the generous bunch of neighbors and friends and family that wanted to make sure you weren't wearing stained-up green and yellow onesies from Sam's younger year. And while I won't purposely buy you tons of pink things, you do look mighty cute in them.


You are one sweet little lady and we are so happy to have you in our family. Keep up the awesome eating and sleeping and overall niceness!! You will earn many many gold stars from doing that, and one day, you can redeem them for.... a stick of bubblegum or a nickel or a teensy piece of chocolate. I KNOW, you don't have to tell me how awesome the prizes are.

Love,
Mama

14 comments :

  1. What a beautiful family you have! I can't believe it's been a month already! I'm so glad she is sleeping good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are too cute! I can't believe it's been a month already. She is too cute and this is the hormones raging I'm sure but this made me tear up reading the love for your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so cute! I think she looks like Sam my man in these pictures. I'm glad to FINALLY(ahem) see more pictures of her. You're right, Steve scored REALLY WELL with his family! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that fat, round, happy little baby belly! So sweet it kills me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that first pic and my immediate thought was "hey my husband wears the same outfit all the time..." Miss Molly is so beautiful! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. AWE!!! this is just precious! I love it!!! look at that full belly! Wish i could hold her..

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is so sweet! Can't believe she is a month already!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I love all the pictures!!! Her hair does look redder in these photos, I think she will keep the blue eyes too! I am so glad she is easy going, it makes life so much more enjoyable...Sebastian is finally reaching the easy going stage.

    Keep those pictures coming...I looove them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have such a beautiful family!! I can't believe that Molly is already a month old. And I do agree, her cheeks are so kissable looking! She is gorgeous, I love all the photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all the pictures- she is beautiful! and can I just say you look fab for having just popped that baby out!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet! Happy first month Molly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable... I can't believe it's been a month since she's been born. It's crazy how fast time flies by.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Redheads rock.
    Just saying. :D

    She's a cutttttttie, I can't get enough of OTHER PEOPLE's babies.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She's the cutest little thing! I'll definitely be coming back around to see more pictures of your adorable baby girl :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs