You can see October, November, December, (I skipped January), February, and March by clicking on each respective month.
| I am enjoying the baby flowers sooooo much! So much so, that I refuse to weed out the dead ones! |
It was Molly's first footprint craft and I was hoping for A Very Positive Experience with her so that I can count on at least one non-screamy child while I force them to make cute things with me. And she was good. She didn't like it when we cleaned her feet off afterwards, but she seems to detest being cleaned in general. Sam did the usual- shrieking like we were hacking off his foot with only a shot of whiskey and a leather belt for comfort. Luckily I had the presence of mind to do this activity while Steve was home, so he was there to help hold feet and grab paper towels and we've basically got this footprint craft deal down like a Nascar pit crew. Then I decided that since we were all home, it would be A Family Craft and we needed a piece of everyone on this canvas. So some of those delicate little raindrops are Steve's fingerprints too. He is so good to me.
While in the mindset to tackle this day head-on, we ventured out to Walmart. (Between my Nascar reference and our first full family outing being Walmart, I am clearly showing my redneck colors loud and proud, huh?) And since we were only getting a few things at Walmart, I thought it would be a great opportunity to test out the BOB stroller. But first I had to go on youtube and watch a tutorial video on how to fold the dang thing. And then we finally GOT to Walmart and I could not, for the life of me, remember how to unfold it. Steve finally figured it out and this very classy picture is his reward.
| My child likes to be comfortable. |
Honestly, I could have gone a bit more redneck and had a random person take a family picture with Walmart in the background, but we parked really far out and I'm just not gonna ask anyone that no matter how many laughs it might get here on this ol' blawg.
To top it all off, I figured out my Moby wrap. And Molly did not slide out and eat concrete! So... success! It also nicely camouflages this, um, "voluptuous" postpartum physique I've got goin' on these days, so it is clearly earning gold stars in my book.
So wow. That was our day. We are some of the most riveting people ever, huh? A craft and a trip to Walmart AND Moby wrap success that allowed me to carry two children to the playground (because I am the only one with functioning legs, no?)! We go so crazy on these holiday weekends.
The footprints oh so cute! Yay for family outtings walmart or not.
ReplyDelete&there is hope for me with the moby wrap ;)
It was actually MUCH easier than I expected. Although I think I read the instructions out loud about seven times before I finally attempted it. LOL
DeleteI laughed out loud at the thought of a family photo at Walmart. Also, I'd like to learn the Moby wrap way of life. K absolutely hated it, but ya know...for next time ;)
ReplyDeleteSam was not big into being carried in any sort of wrap either- too claustrophobic, I think. But I hear second babies are easier, so there's hope! :)
DeleteOh my goodness! I am jealous of your weekend. Those are my favorite! What a great hubby, helping with the craft and even participating! Lucas likes to sit in his stroller like that. Soo cute!
ReplyDeleteI don't know where he picked up that little position because Steve and I sure don't sit like that! LOL He will also strike that pose in restaurants in the highchair. Doesn't look comfy to me, but whatever floats his boat! ;)
DeleteSome days, successfully getting through a trip to Walmart without wanting to kill someone is an accomplishment all in itself, so the fact that you did that, completed a craft with BOTH kids AND figured out how to put on a Moby wrap makes you Super Woman in my book! You rock!!
ReplyDeleteHaha! I'm not sure if I'll be making too many solo trips to Walmart with both kiddos! Seems like a suicide mission if you ask me. But everything is easier when there is another set of hands there to help! That is why this deployment? WILL SUCK THE LIFE OUT OF ME I KNOW IT.
DeleteAhahaha!! Shot of whiskey and a leather belt? So funny. I had to read it out loud to Brian cause he asked what I was laughing about from the other room. And then we both laughed. Wow, I do a really intense play-by-play, no?
ReplyDeleteI seriously felt like I was there. :)
DeleteAnd Sam is SERIOUSLY that dramatic about having paint on his little foot.
"shrieking like we were hacking off his foot with only a shot of whiskey and a leather belt for comfort"
ReplyDeleteThis is the best thing I've read on a blog all day! I mean you know, not that your child was feeling tormented of course (Sam, you'll understand when you're older... And you discover that with a shot of good whiskey, any craft is bearable) ;)
Good idea- might start doing shots before I attempt any craft projects solo. ;) Ah, Sam will appreciate seeing how tiny his little feet were when he's older (maybe). lol
DeleteSounds like a great way to start the weekend. Usually, the weeks are so hectic, I don't really have the energy for big plans...hope you have a Happy Easter!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya. Our "big plans" usually involve a trip to Target. MAYBE a lunch out. Otherwise, we are hanging out at home, enjoying the extra-slow pace. lol
DeleteHope you have a happy Easter too!! :)
Love the canvas!
ReplyDeleteThanks! I didn't even have to look on Pinterest to come up with that one! Imagine that- an original idea. Hard to come by with Pinterest these days. LOL ;)
DeleteYour sense of humour cracks me up! Love it :)
ReplyDeleteLol Thanks girl! :)
DeleteI went to TWO WalMarts yesterday. The first trip I had to pick Quinn up and run across the store to the bathroom in the back because the one at the front was closed for cleaning. The entire time he was shouting- I am going to peep in these unnerwears!! The second trip I only bought lawnchairs and dog treats. We are also a classy bunch. We shop with a shopping cart and the BOB just so if our noise level doesn't draw enough attention our mini parade will.
ReplyDeleteI am sure that I will have a parade like that in the commissary soon. Should be interesting since the aisles are thisbig and people lolligag around like they have nothing else to accomplish for the rest of the day. Oh the steam! It will be coming out of my ears I'm sure!
DeleteSounds very exciting! I will have to get a BOB stroller one of these days (when I finally decide to have another baby)! Hope you had a great Easter!
ReplyDeleteThey make single BOB's, but I'd hold out for a double cuz they're kinda pricey.. But they are like a dream to push! I promise! You'll definitely love it. :)
DeleteI think I need a bob.. so I can ride in style like Sam. :) He is a GENIUS for his age!
ReplyDeleteHaha! I wish someone would push ME around in one of those things. Cupholder, snack tray, shade cover, reclining seat- what more could a 1.5 year old ask for?!?!
DeleteThe moby wrap looks so tricky. I don't know if I can pull it off. So I just have had Infantino carrier. I hope that works out well. Love the stroller. =)
ReplyDelete