After arriving at church early (!!) and dropping Sam off in the nursery, we realized that we wouldn't be able to sit in the main church, so we sat in the annex and watched mass through a tv screen. It was basically a cry room. And since the priest didn't have a microphone on and I don't specialize in lip-reading, I didn't hear much besides the lady in front of me trying to wrangle her very unruly children. After mass and fighting our way back through the crowd, we made it to the nursery to find that Sam had been "a very good boy." Except for that one time he tried grabbing another child's snack and then dumped it all down the front of his shirt. The snack was mangoes. The shirt was brand new, never worn before, and.... white. We didn't even attempt to take a family photo at church. And then we didn't get one at home because, I forget, we don't have a family photographer at our disposal. Silly me! So we headed to Sonic after church so that I could get a Coke Zero (one of the things I gave up for Lent, also, mark off #54), and then home to take horrible Easter pictures.
| If you're looking to achieve this look yourself, you can either threaten to stick your child with hot pokers or rent my kid. |
| Such a happy child... |
The Easter Bunny brought Sam....
I am still holding out on giving Sam candy. Just can't bring myself to do it. Plus, I have no idea what is gluten and peanut-free candy-wise (besides the obvious, but I also must make sure that it was not produced in a facility where other peanut-related or gluten-containing things are processed and that is kind of a helluva lotta work to do just to give my kid something that is no good for him anyways). I like bold titles like this one that alert me to the fact that my son will not require an ER trip after consumption. Unfortunately, after hyping this up, Sam wanted nothing to do with it. Go figure. It's a good thing I happen to love this cereal.
The Easter Bunny brought Steve....
Steve gave up Rip-Its for Lent, so he got two packs of these disgusting things. I don't condone drinking these or any other energy drinks, but he was very good about avoiding these during Lent, and with work starting back up tomorrow for him, I figured it was the least the Easter Bunny could do.
And the Easter Bunny brought Molly....
Whoo! A crap-ton of Reese's products! Newborns are so well-behaved, I'm sure that's why she got such a haul. Ooh, but unfortunately, she can't eat chocolate OR peanut butter yet. Let me think of a way that I could get this chocolatey-peanut-buttery goodness into her little tummy.... Aha! I could eat them for her, and then she could drink the breastmilk I make from it! Sounds like a win-win to me. Also fitting since the Easter Bunny conveniently forgot to bring me anything. You don't have to tell me that I am a martyr.
Speaking of my tiny Easter angel, here she is all dolled up in her little spring dress.
After naps and lunch, we took a walk to a new playground. Well, obviously not NEW, but new-to-us.
| It is not uncommon for me to catch him elbow-deep in both nostrils. |
| Mother-daughter bonding. (And by "bonding" I do mean "sharing a helluva lotta sweat".) |
During the second round of naps, Steve, Molly, and I sat in the rocking chairs and hung out on the front patio together. Instead of ignoring the six-year-old neighbor-child (who never has anything less than 46,982 questions for us), we might have had a little fun and antagonized her a bit. First she asked me to time her while she rode her bike around our circle.
Neighbor girl: "How fast was that?"
Me: "Ummm, I'd say.... 20 seconds."
Neighbor girl: "Are you sure it wasn't... 19 seconds?"
Me: "Actually, I think it was 19 seconds."
Neighbor girl: "Ok. Time me again."
(Repeat 46 times)
While staring at the yellow marigolds in front of us,
Neighbor girl: "What kind of flowers are these?"
Me: "I think they're called..... um, Steve?"
Steve: "Yellow mumulas." (pronounced "muh-MOO-lahs")
Neighbor girl: "I don't think that's right. I'm pretty sure they're sunflowers."
Steve: "Sun flyers?"
Neighbor girl: "No, sunFLOWERS."
Me: "You mean solar flares?"
Steve: "She's saying 'solar flowers.'"
Neighbor girl, getting frustrated: "No. Repeat after me. Sun. Flowers."
Me and Steve: "Sun. Flyers. Solar flares. Solar flyers."
Neighbor girl: "UUUUUGGGGHHHHH. Listen to what I'm SAYING. SUN. FLOWERS. SUNFLOWERS."
Me: <cannot stop laughing>
Steve: "Yellow mumulas. Oh look! A squirrel! See if you can catch it!"
Neighbor girl runs off to catch it. We sneak back inside. We both confirm that we're going straight to hell. But not before we eat all of the Reese's eggs.
HAHAHA! That is hilarious. that is what you have to look forward to! HA!
ReplyDeletePics are GREAT! i loooove that one of Molly all stretched out in her easter dress. precious!
your family is just beautiful.
Aw, thank you! The incessant questions are kinda annoying, and I'm not so sure I would put up with it as well with my own kids. LOL
DeleteOmgosh that is hilarious talking with the neighbor.
ReplyDeleteY'all are just the cutest little family!
It makes me anxious and excited at the same time for Sam to start talking! LOL
DeleteI loooove her little sun dress, so cute!!! It looks like you are adjusting quite well to having two little ones around!!!
ReplyDeleteThanks! It looked very Easter-y to me. :) Having Steve home has made having two kids a LOT easier. Not looking forward to him going back to work tomorrow...
DeleteHAHAHA.... I feel no pity for devil girl... Neighbor devil... Neighbor girl! (hmm, word confusion must be catching). But seriously, I hope she at least caught the squirrel so she ask HIM what kind of flowers they are. Squirrels know stuff like that.
ReplyDeleteAs for you guys, I think that qualifies as a delightful bonding experience worthy of toasting over a Reese's egg... Or twelve.
Oh I definitely took care of a few eggs. And a glass of wine. Actually I might have been drinking the wine WHILE messing with the neighbor girl. Hm. It's all a blur now. LOL
DeleteFun Easter! And you all look so nice dressed up, even Sam having a fit. We were heathens and skipped mass altogether for the sake of our sanity. I love the conversation with the neighbor!
ReplyDeleteWell, don't feel bad about skipping mass. We were lured in by the free childcare and the chance to sit still for an hour, but once we got there and sat by the spawn of Satan himself, we were wishing we'd just stayed home. The fact that we basically watched mass on tv, but were surrounded by tons of loud people, made me wish that we had parked it on the couch with some EWTN on. lol
DeleteIm petitioning for our church to make a special mass on holidays reserved only for people who actually go to mass. We were there 20 minutes early adn were basically standing outside. Get out of my pew non-weekly church attendees! Love Mollys little dress, she is so sweet. Also, so fantastic that you torured a child on easter, hilarious!
ReplyDeleteYes! A few weeks before Easter they should hand out little Members Only cards and then reserve a bunch of pews up front for the people with those cards. lol With an idea this brilliant, I assume it is only a matter of time before I meet the Pope face-to-face.
DeleteI bet if you gave Sam some of those Reese's eggs he wouldn't have been so hard to manage for family photos. I'm allowed to joke because my child will never know the joy of the pb/chocolate combo either.
ReplyDeleteIs that not one of the saddest situations in life?! I cannot imagine a world without Reese's eggs. Hurts my heart to think my son won't have that life pleasure. Saaaaaad.
DeleteMaybe I should have skipped the Reese's egg and just given him a shot of Benadryl. The drowsiness without the hives? ;)
Bahaha sounds like something I would do. The 43897209384 million questions games is so obnoxious. Hence why there is only a fur child. :) Oh and that was so convenient of the Easter bunny to leave those fabulous chocolate eggs for Molly!
ReplyDeleteYes, that Easter Bunny sure did screw up in a good way. I am very thankful. Also? A little sad to report that there is only ONE egg left! GAH.
DeleteHaha!! I LOVE how you handled the annoying girl next door. Awesome. I'm going to have to remember that one :)
ReplyDeleteLove the Easter photos. They are priceless ;) I have many, many like that. Actually, the screaming ones are some of my favorites!
And the Peanut Butter eggs...if Molly needs any help taking care of those, she is more than welcome to send some of them my way. I'm glad to help ;)
I am VERY saddened and dismayed and depressed that there is only ONE Reese's egg left. We'll chalk this one up to postpartum hormones. And an intense love of peanut butter and chocolate. It's a little embarrassing actually, but people who love Reese's totally get it, amiright? ;)
DeleteI'd say any Easter without an adult-underpants reveal is a success. And that cute pic of Ethan with the real life lamb? One of maybe three usable ones from the entire shoot, and I'm fairly certain he was laughing so naturally because someone made a fart joke.
ReplyDeleteI can totally get behind a good fart joke. Or even just a fart sound. But especially if it gets a kid to smile nicely for the camera. Unfortunately, Sam screams too loud to hear anything we're saying. It's a shame, because I have some really good fart jokes.
DeleteHahahaha too funny!! You guys are such teasers lol
ReplyDeleteNice pics :)
Sounds like a great Easter! Any chocolate left?
Omg you won't believe it (or maybe you will), but there is only ONE Reese's egg left. The Reester bunny is there too, but his days are definitely NUMBERED. I am thinking about attacking him rightthisverysecond, but I'm trying to find this thing people talk about having- willpower? I'm not sure I possess it.
DeleteAs far as being nervous about Sam talking & being annoying, your kid is never as annoying as the neighbors kid! Cute pics!
ReplyDeleteIt helped that I had a very nicely-sized glass of wine. Otherwise, I would have given up on that conversation loooooong ago. LOL
Deletey'all are SO cute! you look great for having just popped a kiddo out!!! and I blame you for NEEDING a reeses egg like right now.
ReplyDeleteGirl, I don't even need someone to MENTION Reese's eggs- I am CONSTANTLY thinking about them! It's a sickness I tell you! Luckily they're almost gone. (Or is that just an excuse to go find some on sale somewhere?)
DeleteI think Molly got the best end of the deal. K got some of those yummy eggs, too. Too bad he can't have them- silly Easter bunny. I won't let them go to waste, though.
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a pretty fun day!
I'm glad you are taking the hit on the Reese's eggs. That bunny must have gotten some ages mixed up this year. I don't think I'll correct him though. I am thoroughly enjoying every last one. LOL
DeleteOh Sonic! I didn't even give that up for Lent, and I haven't had one in ages....what is wrong with me?! Just out of curiosity, do y'all go to church on post, or Immaculate Conception (I think that was the name) downtown? We ping ponged from both of them, and also found ourselves in a church wing one Easter Sunday (that was on post).
ReplyDeleteOh, and hands down, baby Molly won the Easter basket contest. Hands down.
We go to church on post, although we went to Immaculate Conception once... kinda got the heebie jeebies from that place, so we haven't been back. Probably isn't fair to judge it based on one visit, but going on post is so much more convenient. Plus, you know, being able to stick Sam in the nursery is kind of a major bonus, and we just aren't willing to give that up anytime soon. LOL
DeleteYou look great a week and a half after baby! Love the pics :)
ReplyDeleteWhoo girl! You are too sweet! I feel (and look!) like a WHALE. I'm sure the Reese's eggs aren't exactly helping.... but I don't wanna offend the Easter Bunny, so I'm sucking it up on this one. LOL
DeleteHahaha you always make me laugh! I would have done the same thing with the neighbor girl, but probably a little less gracefully. I love your Easter presents and pictures.
ReplyDeleteThere have been other times where I haven't been as charming (haha if you can call it that even), but the difference in this time versus the others was the fact that I had a glass of wine in hand during this encounter. ;)
DeleteDID YOU SEE!! You're nominated for the milbloggie! I'm so super excited for you!
ReplyDeleteWhat the WHAT?! Crazy! I'm gonna have to check that out, as I am not entirely sure what a milbloggie is! But it sounds fun! LOL
DeleteI gave you the Liebster! Check it out here: http://www.sabersspursandapinkstetson.com/2012/04/liebster-love.html
DeleteI love the picture of Miss M!! You need to post more,pleaseandthankyou. And...you look great too! I love your dress and your hair looks so nice. I have curly hair too, so ANOTHER REASON WE'RE GOING TO GET ALONG.
ReplyDeleteWill do! :) And you have curly hair too?! Looks like we will be able to talk frizz and humidity and volume and other such curly-headed things. :) CANNOT WAIT.
DeleteI've decided that I will be a terrific mother...until the little beasts start to talk. Then I will mess with them just like you did the neighbor girl. My kids are going to need so much therapy!
ReplyDeleteThat is when the real fun will begin! I can't wait til Sam starts talking. I heard a funny trick to pull on kids just learning to talk- tell them to say "juice-bag". Say it out loud like a little kid would say. It comes out tooooootally different. ;)
DeleteIt must be hard to always have to keep in mind what is and isn't gluten free. I give you props mama. I'm glad you finally got some Coke after Lent. I didn't even both giving up anything for Lent. Lol, wait I know, alcohol. Haha...
ReplyDeleteYeah I thought about giving up alcohol, but the realized that my due date was before Easter and there was no way I was waiting a day longer! Ha :)
DeleteAnd the gluten and peanut allergies can be a pain in the butt, but it turns out that he (and we, in effect) are forced to eat a lot healthier. Fewer processed foods and more fruits and veggies. :)
Sweet Baby girl:). Congratulations!! ENJOY.
ReplyDeleteThank you!!!
Delete