I have been on the hunt for some Ft Campbell postcards lately. I've got some mail I need to send out, but I don't just wanna use the same old cards I've got lying around my house. After checking the PX and finding zilch, I decided I would go to the museum gift shop yesterday and see if they had anything. Instead of piling the entire crew (wow, all four of us) into the car and driving the 2 minutes across post, I just took Sam. Steve warned me that since it was a DONSA (fancy Army-speak for Day Of No Significant Activity, aka: DAY OFF WOOHOO), the museum would probably be closed. I disagreed and really wanted to get out of the house, so we went anyway.
We arrived at 4:28. The museum closed at 4:30. The gift shop closed at 4. Boo. Luckily, I had a Plan B up my sleeve. There is a memorial park across the street from the museum that is full of airplanes and helicopters and little monuments honoring fallen heroes. So instead of turning around and going home, Sam and I had a little date- a walk through the park.
We saw a helicopter here,
a helicopter there,
some silly baby belly
a monument or two,
and some rocks, of course.
I love this little guy.
PS. I've finally joined the rest of the world on Instagram. (I KNOW, what is happening to me?!) I have no clue how to find anyone on there (except by pure luck, of course), so you can find me at jmr0006 if ya like, and I'll follow you back.
Looks like little man had fun!
ReplyDeleteHe did! I'm not sure if he made the connection that the helicopters we were looking at were the same ones from up in the sky, but he enjoyed himself. ;)
DeleteI love that picture of him on the grown. Too cute! Sorry about the wrong text this morning :( Maybe I shouldn't be allowed to text before my coffee...lol
ReplyDeleteThat instagram... sure helps make my crappy cell phone pics look better. ;)
DeleteWOW amazing pics! I love them all. looks like a perfect little date! he is a doll!
ReplyDeleteThanks! They were all cell phone pics, as I was kicking myself for not remembering my camera. Turned out decently though! :)
DeleteSounds like a nice day for you and Sam!
ReplyDeleteWe had fun. It prolonged dinner and bedtime for a bit, which is always a welcome thing. :)
Deletewhat a great day. We hve been here 9 years and we have never been there. It is on my list of "to do" before we move.
ReplyDeleteI am asshamed to say that and my husband as even assisten in the assembly of some of the aircraft which makes it even worse that we have not been.
It's very interesting! Y'all should go- you would enjoy it, especially since your husband helped make it happen! :)
DeleteThese photos are so good. I love the one of him on the ground on his belly- such a good pic!
ReplyDeleteHe has NEVER done that before, so I thought it was hilarious. His favorite helicopters all around him and he wants to play with rocks. Go figure. ;)
DeleteTwitter AND instagram? Who are you?
ReplyDeleteOtherwise, so sweet you and sam got a date! And are those 18-24 month shorts? Because, FOR THE LOVE, why do they make them so long? Most awkward size for Cullen by far.
Who am I? Clearly the hippest mama around town to be on all these high-tech social media who-knows-what-they're-for sites.
DeleteAnywhoodle, those ARE 24mo shorts and YES. WHY WHY WHY are they borderline capris??? Very irritating, but nothing else fits his little bubble butt. If I was a crafty girl, I could probably hem them up nicely, but, well, I'm not.
Yesterday I typed instagram.com on my computer and asked Justin why I couldn't find anyone on there. He walked away. I had him explain the finer details of twitter to me last week. At least if I go to twitter.com I can find people. I think I'm like 50 years old or something.
ReplyDeleteWhat sweet pictures! I love the one of him playing with the rocks! What a great date for the two of you. Those spur of the moment kind of trips are some of the best :) Glad you two had a nice time just the two of you!
ReplyDeleteThanks! It was fun to hang out with him. Molly is only a month old, but I feel like I see so little of Sam by himself! It was nice. :)
DeleteI love the one of him on his tummy playing with rocks! So precious :)
ReplyDeleteIsn't he SWEET?? He loves helicopters, but I don't think he knew that the "birds" he sees in the air were actually what he was standing next to on the ground. Or maybe it was all too much to take in at the time, so rocks were more his speed. ;)
DeleteOK, I seriously chuckled out loud at your gorgeous little man lying down looking at rocks with a whopping big helicopter behind him :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I am not yet convinced I need another addiction so I am not on Instagram. Yet.
Well WHEN YOU DO get on instagram, let me know. ;) I like how it can make my horrible cell phone pictures look a little classier. Haa :)
DeleteI am on instagram but haven't figured out the follow thing yet :) looks like y'all had a great time!
ReplyDeleteI don't even know how to search for folks on instagram, but I will attempt to learn at some point, and then I will find you. ;)
DeleteThe baby belly picture made me laugh! He is such a little ham for the camera!
ReplyDeleteHe will randomly do that! It's so funny! And he always waits for Steve and me to yell "BABY BELLY!!!" and squeal and shriek and make a big deal. Maybe we encourage the wrong types of behaviors... lol
DeleteThis is so sweet. Reminded me of dates with nephew. Cute little boy (:
ReplyDeleteIt's fun to take little men out, right? As he gets older, I'm sure we'll go on more "sophisticated" dates so I can teach him the finer points of how to treat a lady. ;)
DeleteWalgreens has Ft. Campbell postcards :)
ReplyDeleteAs soon as I read this, I pictured exactly where they were in the store. Duh. THANK YOU! :)
Delete