The first day of school

9.09.2016

Today is the second day of school and Will is napping, laundry is humming, and I am drinking my second (!) cup of coffee in complete silence and without interruption. Pure BLISS, I tell you. If only this lasted all day. Molly has a half day (complete with a late start) but Sam has a full day today.


Yesterday (The First Day Of School) was a partial day for both of them and I can assure you, that is a mistake. After all that buildup over the first day of class, those children needed much more time in school. (Not to mention their mother, who desperately needed a break from the children after the longest summer in history.)

It also would have been helpful if I'd made lunch for Sam the night before, or if Will had slept a little bit during the night, but I know that's asking a lot so I'll just pound coffee while making a jelly sandwich before literally running to school. You don't have to tell me that I'm a gourmet that has it all together.

What sort of lunchbox note can you write someone who can't read? (And in case you were wondering, I found the same banana, albeit unrecognizable due to the trauma it suffered in Sam's backpack, and half a box of raisins that afternoon. Point taken.)

Instead, we dropped Sam off at 8,

Absolutely no tears from anyone

They let you color with MARKERS in kindergarten! Wahoo!

He kept telling us over and over that he's *finally* a kindergartener! He's waited so long for this day to come!

It was actually sweet to see them a little upset at the thought of leaving each other, what with all the constant WWE-style fighting/pinching/whining lately.

Steve went to work, I dropped Molly off at 9,

If she had her way, that skirt would never leave her body.

Feeling confident because she KNOWS THOSE LETTERS.

Will fell asleep in the car as soon as we left,

Beautiful

I drove to the Dunkin Donuts to get coffee the size of my head because #teamnosleep, plus they have a drive thru,

Also representing #teamsweatyselfie and #teamnomakeup

and then I sat by the bay for approximately 12 minutes before it was time to go pick up Molly at 1030.

Ahh peaceful

Brought Molly home and had lunch with her, Will, and Steve, then we all went to pick up Sam at 1220.

Someone was more than a little anxious

We met up with friends for ice cream after dropping Steve off. (Sorry, Steve.)


Look at those idiots in the window. A sugar high on top of the first day of school excitement? You'd think this was our first time around the block and you would be absolutely right. Will not be making the same mistakes next year.

Will took a nice car nap that lasted approximately four and a half minutes on the way to get ice cream and decided that was it for him until bedtime.

WOE

Not that he sleeps at bedtime either, but what can you do? He's *only* eight months old and got a massive front tooth coming in. His happy smiles make him extremely likely to be instantly forgiven.

First day of school is in the books and I'm off to see what else I can get into while Will naps. I feel like I'm forgetting something or committing a crime being all by myself like this. Exhilarating!

3 comments :

  1. I can't believe how big they are getting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo for school starting!!!!! You will miss those little ones in a few weeks or so. But it will make the time you have them so much better! Lizzie was soooo excited for school to start this year and keeps telling me she cannot wait to ride the bus with Lucas to Kindergarten. I don't think she really knows what she's in for with that. :) Glad you are getting some quality alone time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finally catching up! You're amazing! And boy, do you have to find a longer program for Molly!! D is in Pre-K from 0830-1130 and it feels like I drop him off, come home and turn around to pick him up! I can't imagine only getting an hour and a half. Keep the iced coffee coming, Mama! So glad you are finally getting a few minutes alone. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs