Please, stay tuned. This naturally gets worse before it gets better.
So I talk to Steve about it. He calls me a sellout blogger and balks at my skewed moral compass. I roll my eyes at how high and mighty he is. Who knew you had to be almost 6 ft to have such high morals. I'm only 5'9" so I have no chance! I text a friend that I'm fairly certain will side with me and remind me of how I often take the moral high road. Ok, I made the part about the moral high road up, but she did side with me. So I tell Steve more about my low morals and how this worked out so well with my search for a new wallet/phone solution. I let him know that I've already emailed back and accepted their offer and this is who I am now, take me or take me. You're stuck with me for life, sucker, free phone case and all.
Fast forward to Monday. I check the mail and the jimmyCASE has arrived. I open it up and it's so cool. I am elated that this was not a scam. But the more I look at it..... it looks kinda... small. Then it dawns on me that I told the PR guy I had an iPhone 6 when in reality I have an iPhone 6 PLUS. And as it turns out, there is a sizable difference in phone size between the two. Huh. So yes, well, it seems that I am finally offered something useful in exchange for blogging and I go and screw it up. Then I look at Steve's phone and he has a 6. I take his case off and slide the new case on. It fits like a glove. I show him how nice it is and DAMMIT this was supposed to work for ME but then he got a little wide-eyed and started mentioning how nice it looks with the real wood grain and Army green elastic band and wow, this would work nicely for carrying my CAC card around at work.
I gently reminded him that that iPhone wallet case was supposed to carry my Target credit card and solve all of my wallet/phone problems, but the man was long gone. The phone case is his.
![]() |
| I can't say no to that face! Look how nicely that CAC card slides in and out- like it was made for him. |
We can both agree (despite our vast differences in height as well as morality) that the case is very well made and "manly" (although there are plenty of different color options to appeal to both sexes). I personally believe it would make a nice Christmas/birthday gift for a man that is constantly using a CAC card or any other sort of ID card all day long. As far as a lady.... I will be honest in that it probably wouldn't fulfill all of my needs (but let's not forget how needy I am). My basic Target run- oh yes. Perfection. But it can't replace my wallet since I need all sorts of loyalty punch cards on my person at all times, multiple charge cards, change- foreign and domestic (cannot convince myself to purge all of my Korean money out. still. I know. It's officially a sickness.), and random
In other news, did you know that it's fun to blog while drinking wine and the kids are asleep? Very enjoyable. I highly recommend. How many Fridays until Christmas? Somebody on Pinterest knows. Maybe get one of these for the impossible-to-shop-for man/men in your life.
I think I'm supposed to make some sort of legal disclaimer here that I was given a phone case to review, but (obviously) all thoughts and opinions on said case are my own. Re: moral high roads.




I love reading you writing. You are seriously so damn funny! Also, I had no idea you were that tall! Anyway, I need to get something like these, I'm tired of having to drag the wallet around too.
ReplyDeleteI've seen people with cases like that and I think they're so handy! It would be perfect for Matt - all he needs is pretty much his train pass and work ID! Christmas present idea...!
ReplyDeleteAlso I'm totally with you on the dirty bag thing. My job is "work from home" except I'm on the road at different offices 4 days a week. And I have to work at those offices, but I have no desk. So for two years I've had this giant bag that serves as my mobile office. It holds not only my laptop, but several notebooks, post-its, paper clips, half empty bottles of white-out, lip gloss, gum, the occasional crumbled granola bar, far too many pens, even a stapler. It even causes the security guards to gasp when I slide it through the metal detector at the courthouse. And when I think of how many dirty office floors/chairs/counters/courtrooms/public restrooms that thing has been in/on, I want to throw it out immediately.
But, it's too much of a pain to empty, so I just go on with the gross bag. Maybe someday I will have a desk.
Also I wanted to add that for the last two months I've done a "what I read this month" post. After I published the first one, my dad emailed me to ask if I was getting paid for it, and becoming a sellout.
ReplyDeleteCalm down, Dad. If I could, I would.
You are too stinking funny. I'm glad it all worked out though!
ReplyDelete