You see, I started thinking it was time to say sayonara to the jumperoo since Sam's feet were slamming into the ground harder and harder every time he bounced, and I started to worry that he was going to break a kneecap or stunt his growth or slip a disc out of place in his back. It was already raised to the highest level possible and I just didn't see any need to keep it around if it might potentially hurt him. (This is where the stupid starts: Hello Jenn, did you REALLY think that you would never have another child who might also love to jump and bounce around as if s/he is half-kangaroo? Maybe just break it down and place it in the attic? No? Wanna be stupid? Ok, keep going with your current train of thought then.)
The last bounce. Sadly, I even recorded it.
Notice the smiles, the enthusiastic bouncing, the lazy, sleeping dog in the background.
So I sold his jumperoo to this lady who told me that she had to have it TODAY. I was thinking, Oh poor her. I know the feeling! I'm glad this jumperoo is going to someone who is really going to appreciate it and enjoy it! I'm glad some other baby will be distracted for minutes on end so his/her mother can get the dishes washed, laundry folded, bladder emptied, coffee poured, etc, etc. (Jumperoo, I could sing your praises all the live-long day.) So I meet up with her and we start talking about how truly AMAZING the jumperoo is, and yes, we loved it, it saved my life/sanity/bladder on numerous occasions, you're going to love it too, blah blah blah, by-the-way, how old is your baby?
Y'all, the child is ONE MONTH OLD. But she says he can hold his head up very well. Yes, I'M SURE. Typically when people prop you up on Boppies and Bumbos and pillows and want to see things that aren't there, children at one month of age can hold their heads up like you and me. I, um, IMMEDIATELY realized that I was making a mistake, but there was really no going back from that decision so I had to let her keep it in her car instead of flinging my body over it and begging for it back.
<SIGH>
Obviously, I immediately had to go searching for a jumperoo to replace the one that I had just sold because what was Sammy going to do when he woke up from his nap (YES I AM THAT EVIL TO SELL HIS FAVORITE THING WHILE HE WAS ASLEEP) and realized that his jumperoo was no longer there??? Chaos would ensue and I could already picture the dishes overflowing out of the sink, laundry piles stinking up our house, me, standing in my Depends, trying to make the crying stop.Well I found one. He actually seems to enjoy it slightly more, but I can't tell if that's because it's new (to him) or because the toys are different or it plays different (but equally annoying) music. Anyways, he loves it and you should have seen the look on his face when he first got in it to bounce. Pure joy. I realized that I had made a HUGE mistake in selling his old jumperoo and have not gotten out of my guilt-funk yet. Steve tried to console me by telling me that we would have had to get rid of it sooner than later anyway since the old one was at the highest setting, but it doesn't make me feel much better. Because in-between the old jumperoo and the new (to us) jumperoo, we got a (new to us) walker. And he HATED it. He stood there and tried to jump up and down, but instead, would just run straight into the couch, or on top of a dog, or into the wall, and it looked very confusing and frustrating for him. Being a new (and very ignorant) parent, I assumed that walker was the next thing on the list after he outgrew the jumperoo. I think the walker will hang out in the garage for quite a few more months. He is SO not into that thing.
Evidence of walker-hatred. Stupid mommy going on in the background like he might actually be enjoying himself (while he runs straight into the kitchen counter).
And now, finally, the new and improved jumperoo. Thank goodness.
I will try and think through these things (you know, from start to FINISH) before acting like a crazy person again. And I'm already DREADING the day that those chubby little legs don't fit into those holes in the jumperoo anymore...
very cute!
ReplyDeleteI just can't believe Sammy out grew his first Jumperoo?! Wil is still on the second setting on his but I think that will change like this week! So happy you found another he likes even more! We are debating on a walker these days because Wil is pulling up every now and then and I think it will do him some good since he is mobile now *sigh*
ReplyDeleteThanks for you kind words and words of advice about the sippy will have to try that out soon! (sorry this turned out kinda long haha)
Best. Post. Ever. LOVE the videos. He is so happy in that jumpee! I'm so glad you replaced it! He is adorable!!! Oh I just love him!
ReplyDeleteLove the videos!! I'm glad you were able to find another jumperoo so quickly... Thankfully, all Sammy knows is that you IMPROVED his jumperoo. So, you never have to feel guilty again! :p
ReplyDelete