| Check out the guy in the back trying to stifle his laughter. |
| The mom is going, "Do you think anyone will notice if I slip away? My husband wanted to do this "hands-off" parenting... Time for him to reap what he sows..." |
Check out the cutest, newest little member of the Church.
That was taken seconds before he pooped his pants. We were sitting on the front row so I didn't want to leave to change his diaper, but every time he moved he reeked of corn, so we eventually had to duck out and take care of business.
When Sammy did corn-poop his pants, it proved to be the sign of things to come. It was his dinnertime/bathtime/bedtime during Mass and he was not happy about being in church. So he screamed during a lot of it.
And then Simba Sammy was presented to the pride? God? The altar? The Church?
Odd. I've never seen that before in all the baptisms I've attended. And yes, he screamed during that whole sequence as well.
The priest was very intent on having Sammy TOUCH the candle. Yes, please keep putting that candle (AND HOT WAX) as close as you can to my baby's highly flammable baptism romper that is probably 200% polyester. (Can you see my restraint? It's all I can do not to slap the candle out of the priest's hand.) Although I have to admit that it shut him up for a good 45 seconds.
And that was the end of that. We had to leave IMMEDIATELY after the baptism part of Mass. I know that doesn't look good, but who schedules baptisms (for supposed BABIES) during dinnertime and bedtime? Obviously, PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE CHILDREN. Oh well. We got home and stuck him in bed. He let out one little squawk as he rolled over and passed out in his crib. The rest of us proceeded to eat and drink and drink and drink.
Or maybe I was the only one drinking that much.
All I know is that I sure had a good time and woke up with a fierce case of Cotton Mouth the next morning. (Totally WORTH IT)
Sammy was in a much better mood the next morning. He was happy to see his people.
| Sam & Mom-mom (& Odie-- who is NOT allowed on the couch... except for when Pop-pop says it's ok...) |
| Pop-pop & Sam |
| Uncle Dan (the Godfather) & Sam |
| Hodgie-Baba & Sam (what a ham this child is) |
| Pops & Sam |
Very cute!!! I think baptism should always be done when your kids are 'babies' its so much cuter! He has such a great little smile...I think his hair gets redder and redder every picture you post :)
ReplyDeleteVery adorable!
AW so sweet!
ReplyDeleteand let me ask you this: When did Sammy turn into a little man??? He has changed SOOOOO much - so much hair and his smile = precious!
Our boys are growing like crazy.
Miss ya!
I am SO glad that you got pictures of the 8 year old. Wow. I also enjoyed seeing your baby lifted up like Simba.
ReplyDeleteLove the picture of Sammy with Uncle Dan - if only I knew what that kiddo is thinking! He has the happiest little smile in every picture. Think it's possible that he maybe likes attention? hehe I need to come see Sammy (and you) again soon!