Obviously I was ready to buy multiple cases right then and there (and perpetuate the wine-o-holic stereotype I've created for myself), but as I ran out to the car to get my wallet, I realized something... I gave up the booze for Lent... *knocks head against wall repeatedly*
So I didn't get any. I'm just hoping the Easter bunny will bring me a case or two this year. And if he doesn't, I guess I'll know where to go to help myself, huh?
In other non-wine-related news, Steve got into Pathfinder school! *Proud wife* So I made cookies to celebrate, but more importantly, as Study Food. The recipe was so simple and easy that I thought I'd share it.
Gluten-Free (no, that does not mean yucky) Peanut Butter Cookies
Ingredients
1 cup peanut butter
1 cup sugar
1 large egg, beaten
1 tsp baking soda
Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease cookie sheets (unless you're prepared to use deadly force when cleaning them later)
Beat together peanut butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add beaten egg and baking soda to peanut butter mixture and beat until well combined. (I know, I had a hard time believing this myself, but the stuff will actually mix together. Who woulda thunk it?)
Roll 1 teaspoon of dough into a ball and place on cookie sheet. Place dough balls one inch apart on cookie sheet and flatten with tines of fork (the pointy parts, in case you were scratching your head about "tines" like me), making a cross pattern. (So very lovely.)
Bake until puffed and a golden pale (but geez, they're already that color because of the peanut butter so it's really just a huge guessing game, isn't it?), about 10 minutes. (I am directly copying the recipe, but I VEHEMENTLY disagree about the 10 minutes part. I took mine out after 10 minutes and it was like they had never seen an oven in their lives. I recommend 15, maybe even 17 minutes if you're a bit neurotic.) Cool cookies on baking sheet about 2 minutes (this part is more important than I thought) and then transfer with spatula (no, no fork tines) to rack to finish cooling. May be kept in airtight container at room temperature for 5 days. (HA! Anyone who knows the relationship between me and peanut butter knows that last part of the directions is a total joke. Five days. Psh. Also, I am trying not to use every last one of Sam's bibs and burp cloths to control my constant drooling over the peanut butter smell that has taken over our house.... And no, opening up the windows is not solving this Very Big Problem.)
So there you have it! A very simple recipe if you choose to follow the instructions.
And you'd better follow the directions. Or else.
mmmm peanut butter cookies :) coming from the woman that fixed a "snack size box of brownies last night and all of them are gone today... hmm I think Anthony only ate 2 ...
ReplyDeleteHe has such an adorable little face!
ReplyDelete