It's nifty to be thrifty

1.23.2011

Sam and Wil, and Sammy and I went into Richmond this week in search of some good quality thrift stores. We were not disappointed. Our first stop was a shop called "The Love of Jesus Thrift Store." Was it shady? Yes. Was it worth poking around in? Of course! Our next stop was much more successful. I found:


four Polish pottery bowls for $3 each

 
 
this lovely tray/plate for 99 cents

and this quality turquoise "Club" pot for $10
 Seriously? There's nothing better than finding a great deal. :)

And Sammy had his first real play-date with Wil! So cute. Sam wasn't too aware of anyone being in the pack-n-play with him, but every so often they would stare at each other.


It's so fun to hang out with another stay-at-home-mama! Especially one that lives only a few doors down. No reason to change out of the sweats, right? ;)

3 comments :

  1. Sounds like so much fun!! I wish there were some good thrift stores around here... I will need some thrift items for wedding decorating! I am a stalker for following the link but very cool to "meet" your new friend! (ok, actually... I mostly clicked on it because I didn't understand why you listed "Sam" AND "Sammy" and was confused haha) Oh, and I LOVELOVELOVE those pictures. Sammy has just stolen my heart in that last picture. :) Absolutely adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh! I just love the pictures! Our guys are just too cute for words :)

    and I wish I had taken the time to make my thrifty finds pretty in pictures like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Brittany-- How ironic that I would meet another Sam right? And you let me know which items you need from thrift stores. I still have some time in Richmond to "thrift" and also one whole week in PA (!!) for that also... Let me know girl!!

    @Sam-- your pictures were great! And I was in Marshalls again Saturday (can you say obsessed??) and looked at the white plates like yours--$2 a piece! Was that what you paid for yours? So cute. I can't wait to get our boys together for another playdate. We're going to be in PA this weekend--maybe we can meet up for some walking and window-shopping? :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs