Happy birthday to Steve

1.26.2011

My Steve is turning 23 today! How will we celebrate (on a Wednesday)? Probably by eating this-

chocolate mousse torte (super easy!!)

and then keep with our current schedule of going to bed at 7:30. :)

It's so funny to think that last year on Steve's birthday we found out that I was pregnant with Sam... and now he's here. with us. every day. and night. especially at night.

Steve was positive that I was pregnant. I was so sure I wasn't. We were following NFP and had successfully avoided pregnancy for five months. I thought there would be some sort of grace period, allowances for mess-ups, something. There's no way I could get pregnant by straying from NFP for one month. Wrong. So wrong. Surprise! But what a lovely surprise. A lovely little red-headed surprise.


And loving two red-headed boys is better than loving just one, right?



Steve, I'm so thankful for your life, your love, your ability to never meet a stranger, and your drive to always to a top-notch job. I do not take one day with you for granted!!

So happy birthday to the most amazing husband the world has ever seen. My life with you has already been full of surprises and I can't wait to see what the next 70, 80, (dare I say 85?) years has in store for us together. (We're pretty healthy right???) :)
Now let's eat some cake torte and go to sleep before you-know-who wakes up!

1 comment :

  1. Happy Birthday Steve! (a day late by the time you tell him for me haha)

    your torte looks wonderful :) and it looks like a great family night for his birthday = perfect I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs