First foray into food

1.28.2011

Last night we tried rice cereal in Sammy's milk in hopes that he would be so full, he would immediately pass out and sleep 12 hours straight. More on that later...
He started out very clean with only a bib and diaper.


He wasn't too sure of the eating-off-of-a-spoon deal.

And yes, I intentionally chopped myself out of this picture due to the fact that I'm overdue for a shower, and apparently, an overall makeover. Also try to ignore the leaning tower of moving boxes in the background. :)

It didn't get as messy as I'd imagined it would, and after some frustration on Sammy's part, we gave it to him in bottle form. He couldn't understand why the spoon was not producing milk after he sucked on it.




And like I said earlier, we were really counting on this stuff (followed by a bottle of formula for good measure) to put him down for the count. Not so...
It's currently 3am, we've been up since midnight, and Sam is wide awake, giggling, playing, and looking as if he will never tire out. Looks like we're not going to Philly to see the snow tomorrow. :(

Sam at 3am
I'm gonna be the one smirking tomorrow. Pray for us, people. :)

2 comments :

  1. Ok so he is just so cute! I love him sitting in his Bumbo waiting... and trying to help with the spoon = precious... and yes he is cute at 3am but I'm sure to you would be cuter asleep at this point.

    Miss you! & boo for no trip

    ReplyDelete
  2. That smirk.. I think he totally knows what he's doing! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs