There's Pinterest, and then there's Real Life. You know we're on the Real Life side of things.

7.27.2013

I promise that once I recover from The Trip From Hell, I will share details. But for now, we are living in a tiny hotel room, Molly is sick, and I am not sane enough to relive the journey over here just yet. We are really close to finding an apartment, and hopefully we will be moved in soon. In the meantime, I'm going to show you how to take family pictures that will never get pinned on Pinterest. Because not every child has the innate ability to say "cheese" on demand.

This was as good as it got for Molly. No smiling, but at least she wasn't screaming.

You can hardly tell I'm sweating through my dress.

You can tell they're concerned about where this is going. No worries, little people. Nooooooo worries.

Gotta love how cooperative toddlers are.

Apparently you can threaten him enough and he'll actually smile!

Not this one though.
Here's the money shot.

And another! Did I mention that we all stripped down and changed on the side of Campbell Blvd? I have no shame anymore.

Oh the humanity!

This was totally forced and they were both screaming here. A lovely display of sibling affection.

I don't know how Jackie got this one, but I swear she's a wizard.

Annnnnd we totally cropped the screaming children out of this one. We look somewhat normal, right?
And there you have it, folks. Real life.

((And #10 is done!))

28 comments :

  1. Love them!! They all turned out beautifully! Even with angry toddlers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These came out great. I'm jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they look good (and real). Those kids will love to see them in 10 years :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and you look so great!...Especially if it was really as hot as you said!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Can't wait to hear about the plane trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um can I just say I really love them ALL?! The one of Sammy though OMGosh so cute. And Molly is such a sassy pants too I see.

    Can't wait to hear all about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Can't wait to hear about the plane trip!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these pictures! I smiled the whole time I read this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should make a book of the non-Pinterest perfect photos. They're still cute even if the kids aren't smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with every one of these! Smiles or not, the pictures are awesome!! :) I cannot WAIT to hear about the trip. So glad you're close to finding a home!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh... they came out so good! Your kids are the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them! I really wish I would bite the bullet and get some photos done of the whole fam.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love them! I really wish I would just bite the bullet and have some done of the whole fam. I'm afraid...so very afraid though. ;)

    (from Mrs. K)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are great pics! (Sam's blue shirt looks familiar) :) At least you can convince your husband to do photos, I can't get mine from behind the camera. My kids only last about 10mins for pics, so we always have to be quick.
    I think they turned out great! Hopefully you will find a place to live soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. HAHAHA!! I actually love them because they're real and nonpinterestlike :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my gosh. TOO CUTE!

    Molly looks less than thrilled, lol. Why are you torturing that poor child with something as trivial as family pictures? Jeez, mom! How dare you!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aaaaaaah! I love them!!! Molly looks totally horrified, poor girl. What were you thinking trying to have cute, professional photos taken!? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. They are beautiful! Glad you all made it in one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these!! Pictures are just oh so fun with little ones, aren't they? I love their faces when you guys are kissing, they crack me up! Can't wait to hear the story about your trip...so glad you survived!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Girl...this was basically the story of my maternity photos. Millie is so sweet and then oh my gosh. She was THE WORST for that hour. I think we have two or three of her not being crazy. :)

    These are great, though! You guys are very photogenic.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awe she did get some great shots though! It is difficult, I just recently did a shoot with a 2 and 4 year old and their parents and it's hard to control everyone's expressions. The candid were the best ones.
    -wHiT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super gorgeous pictures!!! I love REAL pictures where the kids are crying a little, or running out of the frame... In my opinion these are great, and will remind you of how life really was. You guys are such a gorgeous photogenic family!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think they are just about perfect =) It wouldn't be real life without a few screaming kid pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  24. More pictures to have made into canvases and hung on my wall!!!!! :)

    Come back to visit soon, ok? It's not the same around here! ♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Honestly, I think some of the outtakes are the best. Definitely worthy of laughter in years to come :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Yay!! You blogged them. I guess you didn't want to overly share the horrid session I did? Lol Molly really hated me that day. Actually, I'm pretty sure she hated everyone that day. It was a billion degrees, the sun didn't want to work for me and I was eaten alive by a million bugs... Right along my butt cheeks. Teaches me to squat in the grass just to get mean-mugged again. Hahah seriously hough, these pictures are real life! I love you all and miss you a bunch!

    One of your friends emailed me today about a session! I will reply to her tomorrow, after I scrub human pee from my carpet and wash diapers :)

    Muah!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love them all!! It's real life and that's my favorite part of photography!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Haha I love them!! I love how real you guys are and despite screaming toddlers or no smiling in some of them, they are perfect and real :)
    I love the kissing picture, the faces on the kiddos are priceless lol definitely show them this one when they're older!! And oh my gosh, the one of Sam by himself, money shot for sure!! Beautiful family xo

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs