The last weekend- and so much happened that I have to split it up into two posts. So this is obviously the first one.

7.15.2013

For our last weekend in 'Murica, my parents, brother, and sister came up to visit. I wasted no time in getting down to business- laughing til I cried, staying up late, eating a honey bun the size of my head, and watching other people assist Sam in burning off his (endless) energy. It was such a fun weekend.

Molly giving her best "come hither" look (to a donut, naturally). My children who refuse to cooperate for pictures. Matching boat shoes.
Naturally, it wouldn't be complete without a donut run. We made one last trip to Whistle Stop Donuts in Hopkinsville and tailgated in hopes of seeing a train. (You know you're a parent when.... this is what tailgating looks like for you.)

I love energetic uncles...

And safety-conscious aunts.





After lunch and naps, we headed out to our backyard to grill and play- two things we will soon be missing A LOT.






Garlic hummus with carrots, honey-garlic chicken, garlic-roasted sweet potatoes, teriyaki green beans (with garlic), and brats. No garlic on the brats. I would hate for anyone to have bad breath or overdo it or anything like that. Side note- I LOVE GARLIC. Also, best pic we could get of Molly. What can I say, the girl is not into focusing on photos when she could be eating garlic-infused food.

S'mores OMG. I could eat six million of these suckers.


After the kids went to bed, we played a rousing game of Boggle, drank a little moonshine, and scratched our way to being a few bucks poorer.


The next morning, we made a tasty breakfast of eggs, bacon, honey butter biscuits, and cheese grits (my dad makes THE BEST cheese grits and I will miss those- my thighs will not), and then they had to get on the road. We had just enough time to wash the sheets before our next visitor arrived a few hours later..... Stay tuned folks...

12 comments :

  1. Ok now I was some smores! I'm so glad you got to enjoy time with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want s'mores now! Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This weekend was so Southern! And was this real hooch or the legal stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that you got to see your family before you left!! Looked like a fun weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such GREAT pictures!! Looks like you got really quality time in with your family, and good thing you ate s'mores. I don't think they exist in other parts of the world. Good luck, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much fun!

    All the food sounds so good and now I'm hungry! Mmm s'mores

    Oh and what happen to all of Miss Molly's sweet baby chub?! She looks so grown in a lot of these pictures! :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!! I didn't realize you'd be leaving so soon! Looks like a great weekend! This made me hungry!! Send me a brat? Food, no kids! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you had a great time with family. I can't believe it's here already...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ask Molly if we could work out a deal where we can trade hair and eyes? She can keep the jumper, though. I don't think it will fit my big toe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wait wait wait! I thought Steve was going first! When do you leave? Am I out of the loop? WHERE'S THE LOOP!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heart Molly! Is she wearing amber? Talk to me about it

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs