Ultrasounds, a birthday, and crafts, oh my!

11.18.2011

So I had my monthly doctor's appointment on my birthday. You think that would have made me exempt from being weighed. But no.
I got the ultrasound "results" from my doctor, and really expected to hear a bunch of nothing. I mean, we're not finding out the sex, we didn't do any of the usual testing for genetic abnormalities, and everything LOOKED to be in place to me. (But I am also no ultrasound technician. I was looking at a brain and thought it was a stomach... So maybe it's a boy?)

You can imagine my surprise when she told me that since the baby was in such a funny position during the ultrasound, that she was not able to see everything she wanted to. They didn't get a shot of the full spine, only bits and pieces at at time, couldn't see kidneys, etc. So she's sending me BACK to the fancy shmancy ultrasound imaging center to get ANOTHER one done. Can you believe it? And right after I wrote that they were too stingy to give me extra ultrasounds during this pregnancy. Heh.

After my appointment, Sam and a friend took me out to lunch at Chick-fil-a, which we have found is the Clarksville Mecca for Moms With Kids Stuck In The House On A Rainy Day. We situated ourselves right between the entrance and the glassed-in play area. Talk about an easy lunch! I actually got to EAT mine! Sam is so occupied at that place. Which means he will also eat without fussing. Score! If only this place wasn't something like thirty minutes from my house! Gah...

After lunch, we headed on back to post and Sam took a nice long nap. Too bad he woke up in a HORRIBLE mood. Couldn't wait for Daddy to get home! And Steve thinks SAM is excited to see him at the end of the day. Ha!

Steve was quite on top of the birthday-game this year. I ribbed him quite a bit about my birthday (or lack thereof) last year and it got him pretty motivated to do something. To clarify, my birthday was not celebrated last year due to the fact that Steve was in BOLC and gone all the live-long day, we were dealing with The Newborn That Never Slept, and the last thing I needed during the Let Me Lose The Baby Weight Already time was cake. So I was quite content that he DIDN'T do anything. The best gift he could have given me would have been sweet SLEEP. And I honestly can't remember if he did or not. He helped a lot, so I will count that and call it good.


But SINCE that time last year, I have made somewhat of a big deal out of that missed birthday to Steve- mainly to get a rise out of him, but also to remind him that I would love to NOT cook dinner on my birthday and that a card would be lovely and appreciated.


So! This year he ordered a cake AND brought me three bouquets of flowers AND gave me a ridiculously funny card. He also took Sam off my hands the minute he got home and let me call my mama while he got Sam ready for bed and played with him. All of this he coordinated for me while he is having the busiest (and most STRESSFUL) week of training out in the field. (Prayers for Steve and his job would be MUCH appreciated please and thank you.)

Also, I actually have made a few things that I've pinned on Pinterest. Believe it or not. I just never take pictures of them! So! To rectify that situation, I took pictures of the Halloween craft I did with Sam,

Those are supposed to be ghosts, ok?

And here it is on our very unfinished picture wall where I will continue to hang these works of art.

and also the Thanksgiving craft we made yesterday.


The hands are obviously mine and Steve's (not Sam's) since Sam will hardly allow us to wipe his hands after a meal, much less PAINT them and hold them completely open and still onto a piece of canvas. I did paint and wrestle his foot on there last night while he was being held hostage in the high chair though. Reluctant little artist.


I've made tons and tons of recipes off of Pinterest, with most of them turning out decently, although I will not recommend freezing the crockpot potato soup because it thaws out looking miiiiiiiighty scary.

5 comments :

  1. Right this very moment, I have a pretty yellow bouquet in a blue polish pottery pitcher right smack in the middle of my table. We have got to be some kind of sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jennie C.
    AWESOME! :) I have a yellow bouquet in a beer stein in the entryway. :) Love love LOVE fresh flowers!!!
    (And they always look like a million bucks in Polish pottery.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the crafts! I so need to do that with my daughter, great ideas! And, happy (belated) birthday!! Your flowers are beautiful and the cake looks yuuuuumy. I want to take Riley to chick-fil-a but haven't yet. And it's funny because it's only like my favorite fast food EVER. Ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy (belated) birthday!!!! I LOVE the picture wall! The colored chunky frames are such a cute idea.

    I'll add your fam to my prayers for Greg this week. I hope things get less stressful and the ultrasound goes alright!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are adorable especially the ghosts and turkey! I need to do that with my pumpkins!!

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs