There are seriously a ton of pictures in here. You've been warned.

6.14.2011

Here we are, home again. Vacation was so fun, and the beach. was. amazing. I couldn't have dreamed of water to be such a temperature, to be so clear, and to have such tiny, non-breaking-til-you're-knee-deep waves. Ahh... Heaven. Obviously I have ten thousand pictures to share with you, so let's get to it.

After arriving at my parents' house and saying hellos and taking a BIG BOY BATH (read: no baby tub), Sammy played around on the floor..


And then in the air..


Yes, at the last minute, I scrapped the idea of taking along the entire gigantic jumperoo and instead opted for a Johnny Jump Up. Best decision. He loved jumping in it just as much and it only took up 1/8 of the car space that the jumperoo would have eaten.

One stop while we were "out" was to the new Enterprise High School. (The old high school was torn apart by a twister that blew through in 2007.) The new high school looks more like a college campus than a public school, so we took a few peeks around to see what it was all about. Here we are in the "lobby" (ooh-la-la, a lobby) next to the Wildcat. Liz and her class were the first ones to graduate from the new high school. It makes me sad that I can never show Sammy where I went to school, but I'm happy for Enterprise that they got such a nice new schoolhouse.


And this would be our old librarian. Well, she's not old. She's just our FORMER librarian. You see, many moons ago, Mrs. Haglund was the librarian at my elementary school. And she stayed there for quite some time. And then we all left elementary school and she transferred over to librarianize the high school (obviously so she could hang out with all of us again). She and Sammy are in the new gym checking out the lights to make sure they're up to par.


There was time to play at the house (or to sleep, if you're Steve- Is this his idea of babysitting??)


WAKE UP ALREADY. I give you 12+ hours of sleep every night; what more do you want from me old man??


Sucking his toe...
Ok, I'll stop with these photos. I have literally, a hundred just like them. All equally cute, all equally similar. But there are other photos to see!


Sammy with my Grandmama Linda


And Liz graduated!


The whole family. Five former Wildcats.


Love my sister. Don't know how she walks in those shoes.


There she is with her diploma! (And her gorgeous, Auburn-colored flowers.)


Here we are partying. I drank a bit. Someone else got my camera.





We don't dance at our parties. It's too close to having sex standing up. So we just stand around and drink instead. (And if you have sex standing up later, that's your business.)

And we finally made it to the beach. Paradise.


Do you see that?


It's coming closer..


I think I've seen this species before.


They typically hail from the Northeast. But sometimes they migrate South...


It's not a Guido..


It's a Steve! Still hot, even with that farmer's tan.
Onto something FAR LESS SEXY. The fact that I personally screwed up every family picture I was a part of.


My mouth was always open, or my tongue was out, or I had my hands flung across my bosom like my top was fixing to fly off. This was the best of them all.
How sad is that???
(Side note: In all of these pictures, Steve was staring straight at the camera. Sam never did, and I only did once. But my hands were across my chest and that wasn't acceptable.)

After taking pictures that didn't work, we scratched off some lotto cards hoping to win big.


Only one of us won big. $5?



Mixing drinks..


Sammy's first day at the beach. Could he ask for anything more??


He isn't a huge fan at first..


Oh well. You're goin' in anyway.


He eventually got used to it and took to surfing.


So apparently those are all of the beach pictures. Oh who am I kidding? I have at least a hundred more. But I think I've posted enough. I will leave you with some red-neck-ness.

This is Steve's and my first place. Newsflash: the girl who bought it spruced it up. HA HA HA.


She painted the front and back door with the leftover paint that I used on the kitchen. She installed a security system (or is fudging it with that ADT sign). She added shutters. Steve said, "Why didn't we think to add shutters?" I told him that we didn't care that much. Also, it would have cost money, and we didn't really want to sink money into our fabulous "modular home." Now you all know the redneck truth about us. You HAVE to admit that it's one of the nicer trailers that you've seen though. Seriously. (I'm sure everyone who lives in a trailer says that.)

3 comments :

  1. I feel like Sammy's looks change all the time - favoring you in a lot of the pictures! Maybe I just haven't seen him in too long.... could be!! I can't wait to see you guys in the not-so-distant future. :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you had me cracking up as usual!

    I'm jealous of the beach pictures!!! I think the Mamas and little men need to take a road trip :) LOL

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the pictures!!! It looks like you guys had a wonderful family vacation...what beach did you go to? The water looks so clear!

    Little Sam looks like he is ALWAYS smiling at someone, such a great quality to have!

    We just went to the Lake for a week and although I loved it, nothing is better than being back home in your own bed :)

    Is Sam crawling yet???

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs