As a disclaimer, I must say that my husband does frequently get up in the night to assist me in feedings and other general baby duties so I can't rag on him too much. (I would hate to have to step up my "dramatic wake-up" regimen every night, because between that and taking care of the kid, I would have no energy left for the important things, like getting coffee and gabbing with my neighbor all day long.)
So in an attempt to keep our relationship friendly with our upstairs neighbor, affectionately known as "Mr. Clean," I made some pretzel kisses as a peace offering of sorts, you know, to make up for the fact that I've been letting my kid scream his lungs out for hours on end the past few nights. But Mr. Clean and I never seem to cross paths; he's always getting home when I'm driving away or vice versa, and I'm not exactly sure what he does that requires him to get home at 2:45 in the morning on a Monday night, but I didn't feel that that was the appropriate time to present him something with the word "kisses" in it while dressed in my pajamas. I was later comforted by my mama telling me that screaming children are an expected thing to hear when one is renting an apartment and that he probably doesn't hear him anyway. As much as my head disagrees with this particular train of thought, my tummy sure agrees with taking care of the peace offering I was planning to give him and that totally doesn't help with the losing of the baby weight and oh my goodness I am going to be in a wedding in six months so I've got to quit eating this junk already! Pray for Mr. Clean that he will make it through this week without drilling a hole through his floor, squeezing through it, and beating me with a rubber hose for letting my child scream through the ceiling at him at all hours of the night. If I see him, I might try to salvage a few of those yummies to give him and then remind him that we will be outta here by the weekend.
| And this is one reason we go for the coffee in the mornings... |
Look at those sweet boys :)
ReplyDeleteWe sure are going to miss you guys :(
So... can I just say that reading your blog is the highlight of my day?? or at least the days that I remember to check it... even though I "follow" you, I don't get notified so I need to improve on checking the page itself! Anyway, you're just super entertaining. :)
ReplyDeleteAnd you make me so sad that we are so far away! I miss you and wish very badly that I could babysit for you! *sigh* Can't wait until you are within close(r) driving range!!