Look what we did!

2.28.2011

We are all moved in! Here's where we live now.


Isn't it cute?
Wanna see something even cuter?

You are correct, that is a SIX-MONTH ONESIE and NO visible signs of cradle cap. We finally beat it!!!!!

And a bit of confirmation that I'm getting old and boring (emphasis on the boring): Steve offered to take Sam with him to Home Depot the other day (what, is he applying for sainthood or something?) and I was SO STINKIN' EXCITED that I was going to have all of this free time to myself (note: Home Depot is approximately 7 minutes from our house and Steve was picking up one item). I started plotting what I could do with all of my alone time. Should I paint my nails? Take a bath? Watch TV? Write some emails? Take a nap? Decisions, decisions, decisions...
I'm sad to say that I used my alone time to do CHORES like a RESPONSIBLE ADULT and when the heck did this happen because the last time I checked, "me time" trumped laundry, mopping, and unpacking. Ugh. This being-an-adult-business is for the birds. But now our house is put together and we are heading back towards "normal life" again.

In an attempt to "decorate" our home, we (meaning me) found some cheap end tables on craigslist.. See Figure 1.

Figure 1
And then we painted them! (See Figure 2)

Figure 2 (and that mess in the back is Steve's and I refuse to pick it up no matter how horrible it makes our bedroom appear to others)
We also picked up this beauty of a buffet while we were in Nashville picking up the end tables. Is my craigslist stalking paying off or IS IT PAYING OFF?

Finally a place to properly display the Polish pottery. I can tell it's very very happy in it's new home.

Now take a look at The Only Way To Get Anything Done Around Here Without Listening To Constant Screaming.

This is how we spend most of our day. We have a good idea of what our neighbors do and when they do it.
But sometimes even Sammy tires from being carried around like a baby kangaroo, despite the dance party Steve was throwing down while attached.

The upside to this situation is that we get to see unprecedented amounts of his chubby little neck, something that's equivalent to catching a blue moon or watching pigs fly.

Maybe when our house is a bit more tidy, I will post some more pictures of it. But right now our backyard is turning into a lake of sorts, what with all the rain we got this past week, so I'm going to go try and salvage the swingset before it floats to our neighbor's house and they call dibs on it.

2 comments :

  1. I was thinking "cute" on the house before I saw your words. And wow, Sammy looks like such a little man, not a baby anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the house! :)

    And your craiglist finds are AMAZING.

    and how is it that Sammy has changed so much in just over a week?!

    we miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs