Almost time to say "Bye bye, Virginia!"

2.15.2011

Sam and I are not supposed to be here still. We were never supposed to be here actually (according to the "all about family" Army) because five-ish months of being separated from your family is a cake-walk, am I right? But I am the defiant sort (especially when I'm very pregnant with a due date fast approaching), so to stick it to the Army and all of their rules, I came with Steve anyway! And now Sam's here! Hmph! Take that, Army. TWO extra people that aren't supposed to be here!
And of course our plan has backfired miserably on us...

We must move (or have the Army move for us) all of our household goods from our home of record. Which is Pennsylvania. Which is where we are not. Which stinks because now we are essentially moving TWICE. I would like to point out that this is ridiculous and am totally ready to be legit in the Army world again.

Gah....

So back to my original point: Sam and I are not supposed to be here still. We were planning on moving all of our crap furnishings to Pennsylvania this past Saturday and then stay with Steve's parents while Steve came back down to Virginia to finish out the week and graduate from his course. But I got a call this past Friday afternoon from the truck rental company that said that they didn't have the truck we reserved. (Um, again. This has unfortunately happened to us before with this exact company and location and yet we still rent from them because we are suckers for a good deal and that is what they have. Or don't have. Whatever.)

So we decided to stay in Virginia this week with Steve and then head up after graduation to Pennsylvania as a mini caravan of sorts, complete with screaming baby and woman pumping breastmilk in the backseat. I'm sure Steve is so happy that we got to come along for these past five months. What a treat for him.

In other news, I ran into and held a conversation with the infamous Mr. Clean. I had already written all about it, but after reading it over the next day, I decided that I was putting myself to sleep (and not because I'm deprived of it at night, because we're still doing well in that department, thank you!), so I just deleted it.
It was pretty anticlimactic anyway, in case you were wondering.

Other neighbors I will miss (ha! right!) when we move:
  • crazy little twin girls that like to hang from the monkey bars by their legs while wearing skirts and love to swing while holding Odie (you should see the panicked look in Odie's eyes while this is happening)
  • little (possibly teenage) boy who is apparently homeschooled and does nothing but walk around the apartment complex all day bouncing his basketball up and down the sidewalks
  • very, ahem, rotund woman who yells at her Jack Russell terriers because they are not pooping in the exact location that she clearly specified before hooking them up to the leash! Geez! Is it really that hard to poop on command, dogs???
  • Buddy, maintenance man, who thinks right now that he will miss us. He will get over that as soon as the next tenant in our apartment calls him to please unclog the drain in the shower because they're standing in about 6 inches of water! (Yes, it's because of my extreme hair loss, and no, I will not alert him to the problem before we leave because, bless his heart, this will be the third time I call him to pull "a small dog" out of our drain. I have since become very skilled at decorating the shower walls with my hair art.)
  • lady next door who I hope to never come within 6 feet of again due to her extreme case of CHEST HAIR (not that there's anything wrong with being a lady and having chest hair...). That, and she has (or babysits? who knows) a very drooly, often coughing young child.
  • very obnoxious, loud, bigger-chest-than-me-even-though-I'm-12-years-older-than-her-and-had-a-baby-for-goodness-sake Hannah. I thought maybe she had already moved since I hadn't seen her in so long, but as I was going for a walk yesterday afternoon (STUPIDEST time of day to take a walk around these parts since the school buses are dropping off all of the little whippersnappers) and she popped out of her apartment all stealth-like to take a peek at Sam.
  • crazy cat people (yes, more than one) who walk their cats around the apartments, ON LEASHES
  • silly Indian man who is petrified of Odie
  • funny Army officer who works at Domino's pizza as a second job (please GOD don't let that be a glimpse into what our future looks like)
  • and in all seriousness, I will miss our good neighbors, Sam, Anthony, and Wil. It is a rare thing to find someone so nice to talk with who can look past the fact that I'm wearing the exact same clothes that I've been wearing for 2 whole days... I will really miss y'all!
And since we're on the topic of mushy exits, I have to go wash more poop laundry because the kid just can't keep it in his pants, and I can't ever remember to check his hiney before picking him up, which ultimately results in poop all over the sleeve of every shirt I wear (which, thankfully, are all of Steve's shirts).

Yes, that onesie is a size SIX MONTHS and doesn't it look like it fits him just a little too well???

1 comment :

  1. We will miss you guys too!!!

    and on the mushy exits I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes.

    His new onesie is just too cute on him!

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs