- I think he could fit a few more bags on top. And I could probably stand to learn a thing or two from this guy, for when I start going to yard sales again (SO EXCITED). Seeing as I'm already browsing Craigslist from ASIA and sending my mom out to pick up vintage play kitchens for me in ALABAMA, I probably have no business having internet access, much less access to a bongo truck that can be loaded this high. (Thank you for doing that, Mama! I can't wait to see it in person!)
- After the quickest trip to Pang Pangs EVER (Molly was being SO sassy that we had to leave), I put the kids down for naps. I watched my neighbor's boys so that they could go out for a birthday dinner that afternoon/evening. Let me just say, four kids (who are basically quadruplets when it comes to age) are a piece of cake.
| I mean, is getting kids to take naps supposed to be hard or something? |
- I hope you read all of that with sarcasm, because once they all woke up, THINGS GOT CRAZY.
| Mac n cheese, with a side of apple slices so we can pretend we're being healthy. |
- I did have Sam and Molly help me pull laundry out of the dryer and Sam REALLY impressed me with his hidden talent of folding clothes.
| Shouldn't have shown me that! I have so many clothes for you to fold now! Bwahahahahaha..... |
- I made birthday cupcakes for the birthday girl and Molly was outraged when I handed her a cupcake with chocolate frosting (and homemade at that!). (Clearly we are not related. AT ALL.) She was pleased to eat a naked cupcake and since she is having a cupcake birthday party in a couple of weeks, this is more than concerning.
- Sam helped me clean up the kitchen later. Clearly we ARE related.
- I also learned during my babysitting stint that Molly has figured out how to climb out of her crib. I put her in there for a timeout and a minute later she was standing in the doorway, blabbering toddler obscenities at me. I know you're all judging me for still having her in a crib at almost three years of age but IT WORKS (well, up until now it worked) and I'm scared for a crib-less future. She hasn't climbed out of it since then and I'm hoping that we can just get back to the States before we have to transition to a bed that doesn't double as a cage.
- On Wednesday morning, we headed for Seoul. Clear skies here have been rare lately, so when we were only halfway to Seoul, yet could see the Seoul Tower, I was too excited.
| Seriously, you can't see that? Let me zoom in for you. |
| Ok so it doesn't translate well into pictures, but you can see it clearly with your own eyes (on a clear day). |
- This section of road is always clogged up. Lots of sitting and waiting. Got parked in front of my favorite mountain (just another picture that does this place zero justice) and snapped its picture. This is on our list to climb this spring. (!)
- We went and visited with Aggie, then hit up the PX for lunch and people-watching.
| They are hard to people-watch with because we are still learning that POINTING is not nice and they don't know where my 8 o'clock is. Amateurs! |
- After lunch, we wandered around the toy section of the PX.
| This sort of toy makes me worry for the future of our world. Who is buying shit like this?? |
- I told Sam and Molly that they could spend one dollar each. I showed them the (very few) things in their price range and Sam was convinced that the PX would just let him borrow an expensive monster truck.... nope, sorry bud. Molly just didn't give a rip that I had set a price cap to begin with and was pretty certain that she was leaving with a Hello Kitty shopping cart. By the sheer GRACE OF GOD, I happened to see a set of Frozen stickers for a dollar. Hallelujah, we could leave. And everyone was happy.
| You know I can't resist a Seoul Tower shot. And you can even see it this time without the use of arrows. |
| Car naps.... aw yissss... |
- As soon as we got home, I saw that my neighbor had listed a play kitchen for sale that included play food and dishes. (This all happened before I asked my mom to buy the craigslist play kitchen, btw. I have big plans to sell this plastic hunk before we move.)
- Thursday morning- PRESCHOOL! Amen!
- I told them that if they let me take their picture, I would give them a special treat. Then we got in the car to head to preschool and Sam asked me where his treat was.... errrrr..... "You know what? I'm going to get one while you're at preschool! So once I pick you up from school, then I'll give you the special treat!" Sam requested a lollipop and Molly requested a donut. They both got lollipops, even though I admire Molly for trying.
- Friday morning, I woke up to find Sam staring at me. Not creepy at all. "What do you want me for breakfast?" (loosely translated to "what do you want ME to make YOU for breakfast") Coffee. All the coffee. "OhKAY!" He comes back with all of this. Apparently I am carb-loading for a really long race that I don't yet know about.
| The race is called LIFE WITH KIDS now give me that pizza and French bread, kid. |
- We went walking around town with some friends and scoped out new playgrounds that we plan on hitting up once the weather gets a bit warmer. We saw a convoy drive by too.
- After lunch and naps- Magna Tiles.
- Then, after I made dinner (homemade veggie pizza), Steve requested "something chocolatey." He sure does speak my love language. I hopped on Pinterest and saw that I had pinned this but hadn't made it yet. So I rectified that real quick-like. (And I highly encourage you to do the same.)
| And tomatoes in the background so as to make you believe that we do eat a salad every now and again. |
- Molly woke up Saturday morning with the crud. Was diagnosed with allergies and told to carry on!
| A little puffy - and that is ketchup |
- That evening we went and tried to return our broken tv and get a new one. Newer than the new one we got last week. You know. Just trying to keep up with the times. We found a better one at a slightly higher price and hauled it home.
| They blend in so well here. |
- Sunday morning came bright and early with a wet bed. At least it was pretty though (the sunrise, not the wet bed), so I can't complain too much.
- Since Molly still sounded awful, we decided to skip church and instead, get out and enjoy the nice weather. It got up to 58 degrees!!
Refused to wear a jacket- couldn't live without an Auburn beanie and Hello Kitty mittens though.
- We walked up to post to get Sam and Steve haircuts. Then we walked to the beef and leaf for lunch. Then to a playground. Then to the jump house. Then to our playground. Then meltdowns. Then dinner. Then baths. Then bedtime. Sweet, blessed bedtime.
| Handsome husband and a pretty caramel macchiato |
| I love not pushing 100lbs up this hill. |
| Weird, yet delicious pizza for dinner |
- Facebook made me chuckle with the placement of these posts yesterday.
- Today, Monday, my to-do list is short, yet long. SAHMs, you know what I'm talkin' about!
take out recyclingvacuum under the couch- make dinner
make new garlands
| Can anyone believe this child will be THREE in less than three weeks?? |
- Fingers crossed I can come up with something for dinner.
Your posts always crack me up. I would like Sam to bring me breakfast in bed. I could totally get on board with all those carbs! :-) I LOVE the cupcake garland and almost want to host a party for myself just so I can make that. And finally, why does Molly suddenly look so old??!!
ReplyDeleteRandom comments for this post:
ReplyDelete- I also hear "toddler obscenities" on a regular basis...
- I love the cupcake garland
- I finally looked up magnatiles for my kiddos & holy moly they are expensive on amazon but they look super cool! My kids would LOVE them
- I love your placemats and need some in my life
- I can't believe Molly will be 3 soon! Does she like Hello Kitty stuff a lot? Or was it the fact that it was a shopping cart thing? (I feel like I might have asked this question before but y memory is shot these days)
- Breakfast in bed from your boy how sweet!
I'm all about keeping kids in cages, I mean cribs, as long as possible. Poor Wyatt will probably be doing long division before I get him a real bed ;-)
ReplyDeleteI will follow samantha lead with random comments
ReplyDelete-hubby hates when I go to yard sales but he likes when I save money so he must pick one or the other so he quits complaining about it.
-Definitely no judgement here for the whole crib thing. I hope Bear stays in his crib until he is at least 3. Sadly he is a climber can will likely find his way out of it long before I am ready to deal with a real bed. If she is ok with it and you are too why change it?
-4 kids close/the same age is not easy!
-Ah folding clothes! When I was nanny the litte girl loved to match up and fold socks. guess who didn't pair up or fold sock while I worked there? :-) Teach them young!
-Brownies look delicious!
- one last thought/question. I see that Sam likes the kitchen set... at what age did he start having an interest in it? We are debating getting one for Bear at some point this year but we are afraid he will be too young for it.
Oh my word, I'm looking up those brownies like now!
ReplyDeleteI'm all for baby cages and totally against daylight savings.
ReplyDelete