No one is getting a potty this year

12.15.2014

I wrapped all of the Christmas presents today. Minus the ones that require a screwdriver that only Polly Pocket herself would own. (Seriously, just because it's a kid's toy, why must we have microscopic screws?) I always love reading gift guides and seeing what people with similarly-aged children are buying. Although this year (and last) they were usually posted too late for me to do anything with. I got my shopping done early this year (for obvious reasons), and am playing Santa in every capacity.

At lunch today, Steve said, "I need to get you something." (Keep in mind, it is Dec 16 here.) I laughed loudly (apparently too loudly for a public place, as evidenced by the weirded-out stares) and told him that Santa (me) had it covered this year. Besides, you need to order from Amazon much earlier than now in order to receive the item by Christmas. He said I am just so hard to buy for. My Pinterest and Amazon wish list say otherwise, but don't you worry, Steve-o! Santa found something(s) for me.

"Just put my name in the "from" part on the tag." Did that two hours ago! Wasn't weird at all! And did I mention that you are just the most generous guy I know? Whoooo look at the time, I gotta go pick up the kids from preschool! Can't wait to see your face on Christmas morning!

Santa is bringing Sam a remote-controlled monster truck. Sadly, it is green, not orange. I think his disappointment will be minimal. Yesterday he mentioned that he wanted a school bus monster truck and we had to have a little chat about how busy Santa is and shipping deadlines and whatnot. Basically, so sowwy!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ML36HI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1


Steve and I are giving him this squirrel game. We haven't played any board games yet as a family and it's something I'd like to start doing while drinking a large glass of wine.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00486ZVC4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Supposed to be educational too, so we'll see. Twenty bucks says we lose 50% of the acorns the first time we play the game.
Sam is also getting these Thomas the Train puzzles. I cracked it open this morning before wrapping it and the pieces look big enough that he should be able to figure it out.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005GOPU2S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Santa is bringing Molly a tea set and sweets tower.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001543YEY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003H72KG0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Steve and I are giving Molly this toddler-friendly paper doll set.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001RN53QU/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kid stockings:
mini box of rainbow goldfish
oranges
mini box of cereal
winter pj's from Gap/Old Navy
the cutest kid-friendly digital cameras EVER*

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MS79Y7I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
They have a tiny LCD screen on the back and a USB plug so I can keep their little blurry photographic artwork 4eva! So cute!!

Steve only wants one thing, (ear eyemuff it, Mama) and he's already getting that so he is getting to open really fun stuff like a rolling pin, pizza cutter, flannel sheets, bed skirt, spatulas, and wooden spoons. He's also getting this thing-a-ma-jig in his stocking. Fits on his keyring so now he will have no excuse as to why he can't fix anything at any given moment, yes? His stocking will also possess bacon jerky. Because I do love him so.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001EFSTI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Steve is unknowingly getting me a new cell phone case. My phone has been cover-less for many moons now, and it is by THE GRACE OF GOD ALMIGHTY that my screen has not shattered into a thousand fragmented, glassy pieces all over the px parking lot, especially when you consider Molly's extreme pitching power.

http://scarletandgoldshop.com/collegiate-phone-cases/copy-of-sweater-vest-iphone-case

Also, a study Bible. I am the only chick at Bible study that uses the app on her phone. That is not only semi-embarrassing, but it drains my battery like whoa. So when this baby went on sale, I clicked "order" real quick-like.

I find myself flipping over to see the NLT version of verses more often than not, so if you like an easy-to-read Bible (no "thou shalt" anything in here), this one is great!

Santa himself is bringing me a sewing machine too! I told you he was a generous sonuvagun! I am ready to take advantage of Korea's cheap fabric markets and see if I can't make something cute. Or, if I'm terrible at it, maybe I will at least be able to sew on Boy Scout patches and hem something every once in a while. We'll see.

And a family gift..... I ordered chatbooks. (Chatbooks did not pay me say this. You know, private blog and no sponsorships and whatnot.) But this company will print out your instagram photos (long hailed as my favorite form of social media) and ship your book to you for $6 (60 pictures per book). I found a coupon code and ordered mine at the beginning of the month. Sam and Molly LOVE flipping through photo albums, so I know they will enjoy seeing pictures of themselves and our family and friends in these books. And I know this is all sounding super-sponsor-y, but I just can't wait to get them. All 26 of them. Because holy cannoli I have taken more than a few pictures over the past 2.5 years.

free code for you!

I tried to go for gifts that didn't have 1 billion tiny parts (minus the squirrel game), gifts that were semi-educational and/or encouraging imaginative play (tea set, cameras, puzzles), and things that we would ultimately use for longer than Christmas Day (see: all of Steve's tangible gifts, sewing machine, Bible). I don't want us to buy gifts just to buy gifts. We are going to do our best to focus on Baby Jesus' birthday and remember the reason we are celebrating Christmas Day.

What are you getting your family this Christmas?? Steve and Molly's birthdays are coming up, so I'm always looking for ideas.... (bonus points if the item can be found on Amazon)

*Most everything about our Christmas was purchased on sale or through Black Friday deals. Santa is not one to pay full price if s/he can help it.

2 comments :

  1. Cute! Lucas LOVES puzzles and hopefully one day Lizzie will too. We got Lizzie a tea set for her birthday yesterday. Looks like Santa did a great job this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great! actually opened most of the links to save for later! Maybe I can post my finds for the kiddos later :) Santa is bringing a lightening McQueen Bike per Wil's request and because Santa knows better than to bring a bike to one without bringing the little sister a pink Radio Flyer trike ;)

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs