This past weekend, we decided to do a little exploratory driving. Mostly because we are still in the honeymoon phase of being reunited with our car, but also because we sorta wanted to see how far north we could go until we had to turn around. Turns out, we can drive for quite a while. We never even made it to North Korea. (Not that that was our
goal or anything..) Anyways, the first day we drove (Friday- it was a 3-day! Holla!), we just came upon a stream and a walking/bike path and mountains and WILDFLOWERS FOR DAYSSSS. So naturally we parked the ol' family wagon on the side of a highway and got out to let the kids run.
 |
| They tell me it's fall here?? |
 |
| The fact that he is smiling and looking at the camera is a miracle. Also, I might have made fart noises to achieve this. |
 |
| Time to go.... |
 |
| And this is Korea! Sometimes less hazy, sometimes more. |
 |
| Missing nap is not an option... |
Are you as (visually) exhausted as Molly? Go get some more chocolate and come back to see where we went on Sunday.
Ready? We went to a waterfall. Jaein Falls, although I can't find any evidence of its existence on Google minus one Flickr image. So we set out down the weirdest, windiest, work-in-progress road we've ever traveled on and finally came to this waterfall. It was gorgeous.
 |
| Oh, you know, just the side of the road. |
 |
| You would think this is sweet sibling affection, but Molly let out a pterodactyl screech at the fact that he was TOUCHING HER HAND OMG. |
 |
| Little glass observatory deck to see the waterfall |
 |
| It's a beaut! |
 |
| Down the stairs, trying not to puke my guts or fall over the side. |
 |
| The observation deck from below. Looks TOTALLY SAFE, right??? |
 |
| Apparently my phone takes panoramic photos, but this one did not turn out so hot. And those people stood in that exact spot for DAYS I TELL YOU. |
 |
| Crappy photo, but look how excited he is to throw rocks! |
 |
| Sam had quite the audience/cheerleading section while lopping rocks in the water. Dude with the purse? I don't even know. |
 |
| Koreans stack rocks for good luck and it's mighty impressive. |
 |
| Steve attempted to stack some rocks. And then Sam knocked them down. I'm sure that will only add to our good luck in this country. |
 |
| Back up the eleventy billion stairs..... |
 |
| See? I wasn't exaggerating. Eleventy. Billion. Count 'em if you don't believe me. |
 |
| Tired from being carried all the time? Or whining nonstop? She doesn't speak English yet (only pterodactyl) so I guess we'll never know. |
And that, friends, was our weekend. Throw in some bulgogi pizza for dinner and it was a winner for sure. Who knows where we'll end up this weekend!
That last picture is killing me! I love them all as you already know. I'm a little jealous of y'all's adventures so I'm living through you :)
ReplyDelete"she doesn't speak English yet (only pterodactyl)" OMG! HAHAHAHA!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, Korea is gorgeous!! Those stairs would have been the death of me, but Sam's rock throwing excitement would've made up for it, for sure! How freakin cute!
And the fart noises were totally worth it because that picture, my friend is amazing!!
awesome pics! glad you guys are getting out to see korea. can't wait to see more--i feel like all the images in my head are from the 50s/war time...
ReplyDeleteand the kids will have fans everywhere! our babe is blonde and blue-eyed and everyone thinks she's great. the purse thing i'm pretty sure is an asian thing. japanese dudes often carry big clutches or side bags.
Man! You've given me the camera bug again!
ReplyDeleteAmazing!! Who knew Korea was so gorgeous!! I love the one that looks like them loving each other. Were these taken with the new lens?
ReplyDeleteSounds like a fun weekend! I LOVE the pics by the way! You got some amazing shots!!! I don't think I would have been too happy climbing back up those stairs. I have to agree, there are eleventy billion. :)
ReplyDeletebeautiful beautiful photos my dear
ReplyDelete-whit
1. Those photos are beautiful!! I love the colors of the flowers. I want to go visit that waterfall.
ReplyDelete2. I love the photo of the kids holding hands, even if it was brief.
3. What lens do you use? I want nice photos ;)
4. I want that man's purse.
Okay a few things:
ReplyDelete1. That first shot of JUST flowers is unreal. What lens are you using and how can I be more like you?
2. That staircase is absolutely sickening. How did you convince yourself to go down it knowing you'd have to go up!?
3. Korea seems kinda awesome...
BEAUTIFUL area. I love your pictures! My husband loved the bulgogi when he was in Korea for a year.
ReplyDeleteOMG you crack me up!! The stacking of rocks.. lol!!! Love these pictures!! And way to go you guys for getting out and exploring!
ReplyDeleteSo, what I really want to know is why N Korea wasn't your goal? I hear it's lovely this time of year. And, all of you would look ever so lovely in communist gray. Think about it.
ReplyDeleteYour kids are so beautiful! These pictures are just lovely. <3
I think you may have just beat out Oregon for most beautiful waterfalls. We don't have men with purses however. Oh wait... Yes we do... I tell ya, Portland is a weird place (but even that doesn't phase me).
ReplyDeleteAlso, next time I watch Jurassic Park can I borrow Molly? I have a feeling the dino-subtitles might not be translated correctly and I could use a native speaker.
Everything about this post makes me smile... and giggle... and then smile some more! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds like such a great weekend! These photos are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteSuch gorgeous scenery!
ReplyDeleteThose stairs though.. I probably would have given up.
Wow what an amazing adventure. I love the pictures. :) Especially of those beautiful flowers.
ReplyDeleteThose are some gorgeous gorgeous pictures!! You are rocking that camera, lady! Your kids are beautiful, and the flowers and waterfall are too. I remember lots of pretty waterfalls all over Korea, and some of the most beautiful on the island Cheju Do. I'm loving seeing all these pictures!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pictures! Love!
ReplyDeleteGood gosh! You're making me kind of, just a teensy weensy bit, want to go to Korea! Gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteYou are getting quite handy with that camera, woman. I need to pick up ours and figure it out.
ReplyDeleteThat last photo!!!
ReplyDelete