Let's talk about how preschool will be ending in a few short weeks. And then there is.... nothing. NOTHING. How can they do that to
In other news, I, Jennifer can't-say-my-last-name-on-the-internet, am officially enjoying running. And it's not even "running" anymore. It's running. Granted, I am saying this during the spring when I don't sweat my face off during every morning run. My thoughts may change during the summer months. (And they're allowed to change because I am a woman and changing my mind is one of my fundamental rights.) The nice part about running on post is that this place is relatively flat. Minimal hill-age is desirable when pushing 80lbs of whiny into the breeze. There are also plenty of "public" roads with sidewalks. I don't know about you, but I usually need to be shamed into running. If I run on some neighborhood street, I can easily talk myself into walking for 30 seconds or so "just to catch my breath". But if I'm running on a main drag with cars flying by at a mighty 25mph, I am waaaaay more likely to keep my feet moving. And that's motivating.
I've also started juicing. I juice a lot of broccoli. (It smells exactly like you think it does. Or maybe slightly worse than you're thinking.) Sometimes my juice gets hijacked by a very forgivable 2-year-old. I'm hopeful that juicing can help cut down on the very expen$ive $queezy $ituation. ($$$$$$$$$$$$) Maybe one day these kids will even eat veggies in their natural form. One day.....
I received a box from my parents recently that contained lots of "precious" memorabilia from my junior high and early high school days. I went through it this morning and could not believe that I was a 14-year-old hoarder.
| Yes, the labeling thing is very helpful, Past Jenn. |
| Such a keepsake-worthy, sentimental note from my mama. |
| Just an article from a blood drive I participated in, along with THE BLOOD BANDAGE THEY USED ON MY ARM WTF. |
| These are so incredibly useful and sentimental now! NOT. |
| Just a glimpse of the letter-hoarding madness... |
| Ironic, because I WAS TRYING. |
Whyyyyyyy did 14-year-old Jenn think that she would one day want to read back through every note she had ever received? Why did she save random hall passes and locker combinations and receipts from JCPenney and programs from school plays and band concerts and did I mention that she saved EVERY LETTER THAT HAD EVER BEEN WRITTEN TO HER??? Let's just say that the recycle men have their work cut out for them this week. I saved a few key pieces that Steve will find hilarious, but everything else got tossed. My hoarder tendencies have done a complete 180 and basically everything we own now is for sale on craigslist. Talk about reformed...
Anyways, I think that's about all I have to talk about today. I feel like anyone who read this mess of random thoughts deserves a piece or 12 of chocolate. So if that's you, head on over to your pantry, find your secret stash, and treat yourself. You earned it.
Hahaha I hoard notes too. I guess maybe I should put that on my to-do list for sometime eventually. And yes, I did eat some chocolate while reading :)
ReplyDeleteYay for running! :) So glad you are enjoying it.
ReplyDeleteI have containers full of old notes. If I recall, they're mostly about so-and-so being hot or my bestie having a crush on someone else. Why did I keep them? I will never know.
ReplyDeleteI hope you sold you box-o-notes on CL...you know some crazy Crampbelllite would buy them for $5. With that said, I also kept all my notes from junior high and high school. Don't you feel bad for today's youth? All that texting and nothing to hoard in their parent's basement.
ReplyDeleteSee, this gives me hope that I might one day possibly maybe hopefully enjoy running, too. In the meantime, I'm fresh out of chocolate but will allow myself to finish the Sour Patch Kid party happening right now as my reward. But I would still read this post with gusto because I was a hoarder too ((we could have a very specific kind of TLC show with this couldn't we?)) and this only reaffirms why we're friends.
ReplyDeleteI did the same thing and it is a good possibility that mine are still in a box of some sort in my mom's garage or my old room.
ReplyDeleteOh and the juicing idea I should probably try because I know good and well I don't get enough veggies & Wil is much like your munchkins pretty much only gets them in pouch form - although he will eat green beans & cooked carrots - he loves a smoothie which I make with frozen strawberries, a piece of banana if I have it, yogurt, a splash of juice (whatever kind I have for him) & broccoli :)
Good for you for all the running and juicing! I need to take a page from your book, but I'm pretty much lazy. I had a box of notes like that from high school. I saved a few and threw the rest away. When you're a teenager, everything that happens is noteworthy and important.
ReplyDeleteI love running when it's easy. I hate getting back into shape. I'm a fair weather friend. Also my kids will only eat puréed fruits and vegetables as well at $1 per serving. Quinn will only eat plain apple. I should write a children's nutrition book. Please purchase pre-puréed squeezies. Feed child approximately 4 a day or more if whining. Spend all your money and feel trapped in the situation because that's the healthiest thing the child will eat.
ReplyDeleteYou are too funny! When my mom moved down to Florida I had to go through all of the stuff I kept from middle and high school. I also kept EVERY SINGLE letter given to me, in separate boxes, labeled. Talk about crazy!!! I think it's interesting to see what we thought was important when we were that age.
ReplyDeleteThat's sad that preschool is ending :( I'm surpised they don't have some sort of summer camp type thing there. Maybe the Y does? I know I would die if I couldn't send my lovlies to preschool over the summer. :)
You are an exercising machine. I am next. Maybe not today but some day. Some time.
ReplyDeleteGoing through my hoarded youth documents, I found a letter I wrote to Barbara Walters at the age of 12.
ReplyDeleteAlso, nice on the classic "NOT" joke.
I have a box of notes that look just like that! Folded just the same. From high school. My friends and I would always pass notes between classes.
ReplyDeleteI'm a little afraid that school is almost over too.
And I've been feeding my kids a lot of pancakes.
Fairly positive that our 14 year old selves would have gotten along JUST LIKE our older selves. I have at least 2 rubbermaid tubs of random assorted keepsakes from basically elementary school on. The room I lived in at my parents... still have at least one or two boxes that have never been gone through since my parents moved to that house 12 years ago. Awesome. Haha. I've done a 180 too... now I try to get my hubs to get rid of papers... geez louise.
ReplyDeleteP.S. jealous of the runner bit!
I love looking through old stuff :)
ReplyDeleteI wish preschool was during the summer too.
I kept allllll my old notes, too. LOL Hopefully my parents never move or they'll find them taking up a whole corner in their attic.
ReplyDeleteOur preschool has a 6-week summer program, but we're going to be out of town over half of that time, so my kids aren't going. Boo!
ReplyDeleteDo you think teenagers nowadays even know how to properly fold paper notes???
I finally got rid of SO much.
ReplyDeleteAnd I haven't regretted it a day since.
I miss reading your blog, but am oh so happy I get to follow you on Instagram...:)
I totally kept all of those random ass things as well. When I cleaned out my room before I moved in with Hubster I tossed them all out though. Thankfully my hoarder mother didn't save them.
ReplyDeleteI've been wanting to juice. Or at least make smoothies.. Is that the same thing?? I've heard spinach is the way to go.
I recently found some notebooks from college. And wow, I was weird back then. I found one with a name of a family member or a friend on each page. Nothing else. Just one name. On each page. I don't know what I was planning but I think I'm glad I didn't go through with it.
ReplyDelete