Yes, my prayers were finally answered today. And yes, I was that crazy lady who was standing on her back porch in her pajamas with a towel on her head taking pictures of the snow. My Yankee neighbors were probably looking out and shaking their heads in disgust. (For the record though, it didn't stick. But it was GORGEOUS to watch falling down.)
Originally I wasn't even AWARE that it was snowing, yet I was sitting next to a window while it was happening. My friend across post texted me saying that it was snowing at her house, and I grumbled at Steve because why do people three miles away from us get blessed with beautiful snow and all we get is more rain?! And then Steve told me that it was snowing here too. Oh yeah! It is! Oops.
Also, Steve came home a day early. Whee! Good thing I wasn't saving all of that dirty laundry til today. That would have looked bad.
I've been busy today getting things ready for the lunch tomorrow and taking care of Rash-Butt Sammy, who is having trouble shaking this vicious case of diaper rash that has been plaguing him for the past few days. I might attempt some "naked time" tomorrow so he can try to air himself out. (For clarification, Sammy will be the naked party.) I'm not sure if I have a tarp that I can pass off as a rug or if I should just let him pee wherever he sees fit. How do people DO naked time? (And by "people" I mean "babies.")
Before Steve graced us with his presence Tuesday night, Sammy and I went to the Division Tree Lighting with Allison where she took the Best Picture Of Me And My Child To Date. And she took it in the dark. With my phone. So.... I'm not sure what that says about anything, except I think Steve needs to make more of an effort in that area, and also, I need to figure out how my phone didn't make me look like a beluga whale in that photo. Because my real camera obviously sees me a lot differently than my phone does.
Anyways, here it is. Try not to be too impressed.
Here is Sam all bundled up before we headed over to the tree lighting.
It was the first time he wore mittens and didn't know what to do with his hands, so for a while, he held them up over his head. Then as we got closer to the tree, he started holding them out straight in front of himself like he was reaching out for it or something. It was cuuuuuuuuute.
Well besides peanut-buttering up a thousand Ritz crackers and Cheezits today, I have nothing else interesting left to share. Tomorrow is the FRG lunch (still have to scrub my bathroom! and dip everything in chocolate! and decorate the tree!) and then we are going to a company dinner WITHOUT SAM. I cannot stress how excited it makes me that Steve and I will get to go out ALONE. Well, alone with everyone else in Steve's company. So maybe fifty-some-odd other people. But STILL. We'll both get to eat our food and have adult conversations and not have Cheerios thrown at us and be totally PRESENT. To say I'm looking forward to it is an understatement.
YAY for snow! You know I have never seen snow fall. How sad is that!!!
ReplyDeleteYou are blessed! Do you think it'll be a white Christmas. THat would be my DREAM!!!
@Christine
ReplyDeleteWe are going to my husband's family's house for Christmas in Philadelphia, so I'm really crossing my fingers and toes for a white Christmas!!! I'm also hoping it snows a few more times here, although I know the chances of that are kind of slim... LOL
Snowed here, too, for a little while! Biggest, fattest, fluffiest flakes I ever saw. :-)
ReplyDeleteAs for naked time, do you use or have any cloth diapers? I always just pin the diaper on without a cover so the baby gets fresh air on the tushie, but I don't get too much pee on the carpets. If you don't use cloth diapers, you might like to consider it. They're just as easy as disposables to install and only add a load or two of laundry per week, depending on how many you keep and how long you're comfortable letting them sit. And the little babies seldom suffer a diaper rash.
@Jennie C.
ReplyDeleteI don't have any cloth diapers yet, although I've been thinking that that might be best for Sammy's delicate little skin. He breaks out at the drop of a hat. I'm just kind of.... lazy.... So I gotta think about it. I guess now would be the time to do it though, huh? Get used to that routine before Second Baby comes. lol
People think it's hard work, but it isn't. And think of all the time you'll save NOT going to the grocery for more diapers! And think of all the MONEY you'll save not going to the grocery for more diapers! And think of Sam's sweet little healthy bottom. :-)
ReplyDeleteI love snow too! We usually get it once a year here in Charlotte, I love the picture! You guys look so great! You don't look pregnant at all!
ReplyDelete@Kieran
ReplyDeleteHaha thanks! I am squatting strategically so as to avoid looking like a hippo. ;)
I love the photo of you two!!
ReplyDelete@ABBY
ReplyDeleteThank you! I love it too!
I did not get to see the snow that day! I was so upset! My husband texted me and told me to look outside, but unfortunately I was still in bed. :( So upsetting! It just does not feel like the holidays without a little snow [but this coming from a girl from Michigan!] Oh well. Atleast we dont have to deal with the horrible winter drivers yet!
ReplyDelete@Carly
ReplyDeleteOh wow I can't imagine being from Michigan and not seeing the snow during the winter!! I'm from south AL and get upset if I don't see any!! (Because we're living in the "north" and all.) ;)