I am officially the world's worst POC. Also, the most non-committal FRG volunteer.

12.15.2011

For starters, POC stands for Point Of Contact and it is my job to call my little list of people in Steve's company every month and make sure we have their correct phone number, remind them about the next meeting, see if there's any way on God's green earth that they might actually help with something we're doing, and just bug them in general. This POC job doesn't really hold much significance until the guys deploy and spouses actually WANT some sort of information from me. Right now I get a lot of "I thought I told you people that I didn't want ANYTHING to do with the FRG. Did my husband not make that clear??" And I'm all, "Oh! He probably did! But we have to make sure that your info is correct in case of emergencies and blah blah blah!" in my most chipper/cheerful voice. When, in reality, I'm in total shock that someone would talk to another person in such a way when CLEARLY I'm just trying to help YOU out. We'll see how sweet I am when they actually want to talk to ME come deployment time. Heh.

But anyways, back to how I'm the worst. We were going to have a meeting on Tuesday, but then we found out at our little luncheon last week that it was canceled and we needed to call our people over the weekend and let them know about that (in case they didn't get the 40 bajillion emails already sent out about it). But then the guys came back from training and it was a long weekend and we put up Christmas lights and I completely forgot about it. I remembered yesterday. Wednesday. Oops. (Like anyone on my call list would actually ATTEND a meeting! AHAHAHAHA laughable!) We have a fundraiser today so I thought that it might still be worth calling my people to remind them about that. And then I realized that I never saved my list of phone numbers. (!!!!) So I had to call the FRG leader and explain that I didn't do my calls when I was SUPPOSED to and could she send my numbers to me again please?
Looking at the upside of this situation, half of the folks on my list would probably prefer I drop dead before calling them about FRG stuff, so at least they didn't miss me.

While we are talking about things that my pregnancy brain is erasing from my memory, I also forgot that I was supposed to make ONE HUNDRED COOKIES for our fundraiser today. This resulted in a panic run to the commissary where I bought four giant tubes of cookie dough and then got up at 5 the next morning to make them all. Also? Even stupid cookies out of a tube are easy for me to screw up since I have zero baking abilities. They are finished now, and a trip to the Dollar Tree yesterday provided me with cute little baggies to put them in. I originally signed up to make Christmas-y cookies, but screw it. This is what the commissary had in stock- this is what you get from me. Hopefully the napping schedule stars will align so that I can actually go and help with the fundraising part of the day, but HAHAHA there are a heckuva lotta stars that gotta line up to make that happen.

News About Something Probably More Boring Than My FRG Duties: I got my Christmas present from Steve early. It is a Shark Vac-then-Steam and it is amazing. LIFE-CHANGING even. Y'all, I wanted to eat dinner OFF of my floors last night they were so beautiful. They were super clean after the vacuuming part since all the itty bitty dog hairs were suctioned up into the tube, and then they were SANITIZED by the steam. The entire downstairs of my house, from start to finish, took twenty minutes. TWENTY MINUTES.
And before you go thinking that my husband is some misogynistic pig for giving me a glorified mop for Christmas, let me explain that I bought my own Christmas present. Yep, AND I opened it before Christmas. But if you could see the stuff I got off of the floors yesterday... spots that I thought were just part of the design of the floor... omg no. That was GRIME. We were living in some kind of nasty, third-world FILTH and I wasn't even fully aware of it. (Note: I was aware of the filth, just not to the extent that I found yesterday.)

The gift of easily cleaned floors is the gift that keeps on giving... all year long, Clark. I love a useful gift, and this is probably the most useful gift I can think of. I LOVE YOU STEVE and thank you for the mop. It has made me one happy SAHM.

Gratuitous photo of the kid

4 comments :

  1. Ok I will say I would hate to be POC because I would suck at it and especially don't do well with people getting attitudes lol.

    I saw that Shark vac advertised on tv the other day and it looks AMAZING!

    oh and thank you thank you thank you for my Christmas I also opened mine before Christmas hehe :) I think I'm going to fix some now actually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Samantha {Moody Mama}
    I cannot BELIEVE that it got there so quick! The lady at the post office was all, "It MIGHT get there before Christmas, but I can't make you any promises." And then she looked at me crazy. So I'm glad it made it in one piece! I saw that mug and it just looked like such a good thing to drink coffee out of! Had to get it for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. People think I'm crazy because I always ask for household cleaning supplies for Christmas. This year I'm hoping for a pet fur vacuum thingy - with a dog and five cats I NEED that thing. Who needs a necklace I'll wear once a year when I can have something that sucks up fur EVERY DAY? :)

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs