We found out about this little bean the weekend we moved on post (WAY back in mid-July). I didn't want to say anything until I had an ultrasound picture in my hand verifying that there was, in fact, only one tiny person occupying my belly (the twin factor in our families is EVERYWHERE). But getting said ultrasound picture was QUITE the journey...
Turns out that finding a good doctor is much easier said than done. I won't go into details. But I will say that I now have a reputation at the doctor's office. And a new doctor. So.
I don't know if I'm technically in the second trimester now or what. I have no clue what type of fruit this baby is in relation to its size. Basically, Second Baby is getting shafted in true Second Child Fashion. I'm running after an almost-ONE-YEAR-OLD (Jesus help me) and trying to put the rest of our house together before Sam's birthday party in approximately one month. !!!
Life is busy. But it's good. So so good.
But can someone please tell me how we went from this:
| GAH! Newborns are so scary! |
to this:
| SLIGHTLY less scary. |
to this:
| He's like a freaking TODDLER. |
Notice how the happiness level seems to be directly proportional to the amount of sleep everyone is getting?
First picture- probably an hour and a half at a time, IF that.
Second picture- maybe two hours at time. (In case you're wondering, Sam did not give me that Christmas gift I wanted so badly.)
Third picture- twelve to thirteen hours of uninterrupted sleep EVERY NIGHT plus two naps a day! We are ALL! SO! HAPPY!
Of course we'll still be happy when Second Baby comes along and ruins our beautiful sleep schedule. We feel much more prepared and educated than we were when we had Sam. We know that the sleepless stage doesn't last forever (although it sure as hell feels like it does!), life will eventually strike a nice balance, and everything will turn out fine. We know we're blessed and we can't wait to see who this little person turns out to be.
By-the-way, Steve is predicting this baby is a girl that will look just like me. He is basing this prediction solely on the fact that the baby currently has an oversized head (like myself). So. Any guesses? We can let you know the results in about 28 weeks or so.

Love this! When did Sam turn into a little boy??? Jeez!
ReplyDeleteI'm just so excited (I know I have said it like 10x now) for you guys :)
No guesses, but it really will turn out okay! :-)
ReplyDeleteCOngrtas girl!!! So excited for you... 2nd babies are fun to juggle... you will love every moment of it though! !!
ReplyDelete