LOOK y'all. What am I supposed to DO with this?

7.27.2011

So I got invited to go to this playdate by a girl at my church. She's invited some other moms and their kids as well, and it's going to be a luncheon-type thing. Fine. I asked what I could bring. Nothing. But I hate showing up with nothing in my hands, so I told her that I had a great recipe for brownies (and yes, they are homemade and friggin delicious) and that I would bring those.

Here is my special pan.


It claims to cook brownies so evenly and perfectly and you just pull the divider out, and *voila*- perfect brownies.

Except I Pam-sprayed the MESS out of that divider and pan and look what I got.


It's like a war zone.


A measly four turned out. And I don't even think they look all that good.


So now I'm stuck going to the store, buying some cookies or brownies, slapping them on one of my plates, and trying my best to pass them off as my own.

I'm also stuck with eating this mound of gooey chocolate deliciousness because I REFUSE TO WASTE GOOD CHOCOLATE DAMMIT.


Also, Sam has decided that it is now awesome to wake up at 2am every morning because he lost his pacifier and doesn't want to open his own eyes to find it himself. And then right as I'm falling back to sleep (it seems to take F-O-R-E-V-E-R for that to happen for some reason...), Steve gets up to go to the bathroom at 3. And then his alarm clock goes off at 4. And then Sam starts crying again at 5. And he wants to be up FOR REAL RIGHT NOW MOM at 6. And I feel like I've been up since 2, having weird dreams and wondering if I shouldn't go sleep on that wonky mattress in the guest room.

Here is what I WANT to be doing.


And this is who wants to play and entertain me with his spastic crawling and high-pitched squealing.


I think I'll go stick that brownie mess on top of some ice cream and call it a day. If I don't wake up when Sam starts crying, hit me with an insulin shot. Thanks.

5 comments :

  1. SAD! I see that commercial on TV ALL THE TIME and think to myself, how often could I use that? So I've talked myself out of buying it. You confirmed it. Buyers remorse. Nothing worse. Although, the mess of brownies looks TOTALLY edible to me :)

    Sorry you aren't getting much sleep- thats hard! I'm in the same boat but for different reasons so I feel your pain!! Your boy is as cute as ever though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me laugh (which I need this morning!)

    I have the perfect brownie pan (like the as seen on tv one - it was a gift) and it works 98% of the time... Sorry yours didn't! I would like a totally awesome/delicious brownie recipe ;)

    The picture of Sam is just too cute!

    Hope you get some rest soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jenn - just use a regular pan for the brownies but then use a plastic knife to cut them. I have no idea why it works but it does - they don't stick to the plastic! Cute pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when pans don't do what they are supposed to! Such a waste...but at least you get to eat the gooey yummy leftovers!

    I love that picture of Sam, he looks so happy to be up, lol...who wouldn't want to play with all of those toys?

    BTW...I do have a pregnancy bump, I am just really good at hiding it lol...I don;t have any cravings actually...I just went to my doctor and I am 26 weeeks along and have gained 15 pounds. It feels like I have gained 15 pounds ugh! but it will be worth it!

    I can't wait to see pictures of the new house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure I've ever craved a cupcake so bad as right now after seeing those pictures- holy cow those look amazing! Please, lie to me- tell me they were dry and hard so I can stop craving them! lol

    That brownie pan? Just wrong. Cruel joke there. Note to self: do not buy.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs