Captain D- Party of 5

7.10.2015


The best Korean souvenir will be joining us sometime at the end of this year, or the beginning of next year. Only God knows when exactly. We do know that s/he is the best little treasure we could never buy and Sam and Molly are over-the-moon excited about a new baby.

I'm 16 weeks along and I've known since day two, so basically I feel as if I've been pregnant for an eternity already, just without all the hoopla and excitement that comes with letting everyone know. (You're welcome for not having to listen to all my first trimester "I'm sooooo tiiiiiiired" whining! It was super fun!)

Sam likes to "listen" to the baby and it's the sweetest thing I've ever seen. He smiles and tells me the baby is jumping and then tells me, "We need to get that baby outta there. You need to get him up yer belly, across yer bewbs, up yer thrope (throat), and then you can just spit him out like this. *makes spitting noises*"

I told Molly to listen to the baby and she tried to grab my phone. I told her, no the baby is in my belly. Put your head on my belly. She puts her forehead on my stomach. Ummmm okayyyyyyy how's about you just lay your EAR right HERE and see what you hear. She does for a second and then asks to see the baby on my phone because clearly, THAT'S WHERE THE BABY LIVES. There, and at the doctor's office where she's seen him on the screen (ultrasound).

Not finding out gender again because I like how much it frustrates people. Kidding- we just really like the surprise. Life's only true surprise! And babies don't need much initially anyways so it's not really impeding on making any necessary purchasing decisions. We've got gender neutral baby crap somewhere in storage in Kentucky (at least, we hope it's all still there) and we've got two sets of names picked out. Basically ready to go.

So here we go- as Kate so eloquently put it: "Nothing like prepping for major life changes with major life changes on the way."


6 comments :

  1. Yay, yay, yay!! So glad things are going well! I love the kids thoughts on the baby, hilarious! Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post so much I can't even express with words! Can you hear me squealing from there? Haha Sam is the cutest! And Molly is hilarious! I'm so glad they are excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg!!!!! Congrats!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is a million or so years late.. but congratulations again! I am so excited that another baby is coming to join your cute little gang. I am hoping for another redhead, here here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy for you!!!! :) Exciting times for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs