Fires, iPhone photos, bubble baths- oh my (I still can't come up with titles)!

11.07.2013

Not too much to report on here, just the same old daily grind, so we're going bullet-style again.

  • I am so beyond desperate to get my kids into a preschool that I called a Korean friend from Ft Campbell (on FaceTime), hijacked my way into a building in my apartment complex (there are codes you have to punch in order to get in the main door of each building), rang the doorbell to the Korean preschool, and then handed the phone to the worker who answered the door. After lots of chatter between the two of them, (and me standing behind the double stroller of doom) the Korean worker handed the phone back to me and my friend said, "They're full." Wah. Walk of shame back to my building.
  • The post office burned down last week. All mail was saved and no one was injured. In the meantime, there is no mail stuff happening in our town.
From the wives' page on FB. Panties were definitely in a twist over the memes created.

  • Steve made me a bubble bath and gave me champagne and then not even ten minutes later I had to shower off and fall in bed lest I puke my guts out and/or pass out from the heat that was radiating from that tiny tub. Our water heater is.... (I hate to use this word but nothing else really seems fitting)... AMAZEBALLS. You press a button and whammo! Instantly hot water comes streaming out of the faucet. It will literally burn your hand right off if you're not paying attention. Anyways, I might have gotten a little too cocky with the water temperature, and my desire for a super hot bath really did me in. While I did not puke or pass out, I did waste a glass of champagne, and that makes me pretty sad.
  • After a few days of really crappy weather, the sunshine finally came back and I wasted no time in loading the kids up in the stroller and walking to post. We don't live far from post, but it sometimes doesn't feel like we live all that close either (only 2.5 miles). An hour later (errr, yes, I walk slowly sometimes), we arrived at the playground and I let the kids out to play. I spent the first five minutes congratulating myself on what an awesome idea this was as the kids happily ran and played. Then minute six provided me with the reality check that I so needed and I had two kids whining in my face because they both wanted to swing on the ONE baby swing. First, let me take a moment to kick the playground designer in the shins because how dare you only put one baby swing on the entire playground?! You may as well not even put swings out if you're going to cause meltdowns of this magnitude! The whining! The screaming! The shrieking! The JUDGEY EYES. I tried to let them take turns, but while one was pouty-swinging, the other was standing there indignantly, screaming for the entire post to hear. And then swap, lather, rinse, repeat. Overall, I feel that if I am going to have people screaming at my face and fighting over pointless things, I could be sitting in my sweatpants drinking a second cup of coffee, not sweating on a playground in Real Pants while other mothers side-eye my lack of control over my offspring.
  • Well that got ranty real quick, huh?
  • Sometimes Sam grabs my phone and starts taking pictures and the results are usually funny. Also worthy of note, these are the only photos I'm in, so thank God he takes them, otherwise he might not remember one day that I was present for his childhood.
clockwise- crazy face while sitting in a carseat // Steve wearing boots in the house (big no no) // I clearly haven't had coffee yet // lamenting the fact that I cannot wear these Army sweatpants out in public // washing hands // being tackled // chopping veggies in a sweater that makes me look much puffier than I actually am (hopefully)

  • I took the kids to a Korean market the other day and that's not stroller-friendly. Alas, I do not feel I have the upper body strength (yet) to stick Molly in the Ergo on my front, while I have Sam in the structured carrier on my back. It would be an epic squat if I ever made it off the ground, that's for sure. So anyways, I had Molly on my back and Sam in the umbrella stroller. We witnessed a lady almost get hit by a car (the stereotypes are true), soooo many dead fish (and their accompanying dead fish smells), and lots of crazy leggings. (I am thinking about snagging a pair.)
  • Steve and I are going on a date tomorrow and I could just DIE from excitement. Not that I'm desperate to have a break from these kids or anything, but only 14 hours 10 minutes and 23 seconds to go! Eeeeeeeeeee!!!
  • Fall seems to be winding down over here. This makes me so sad because it has been such a beautiful season! I love seeing the yellow leaves blanketing the sidewalk and in the same second, I hate it too because that means they're not on the trees where they belong. I have a winter coat for everyone except myself so I fully expect this to be a fantastic winter.
  • I still haven't gotten my Korean driver's license. Or updated my phone.
  • The Halloween Reeses are gone and the yoga pants are out. That is all.

17 comments :

  1. Good lord I would have a heart attack if our post office caught fire! Internet shopping is how I survive deployments. Having the mail stopped would ruin me! And, of course, good thing no one got hurt.

    Kudos on making the hike to post. I have yet to attempt the 1.5 mile walk to The Most Glorious Playground because I'll have to walk back 1.5 miles when things get ugly.

    And good luck with the preschool search. My heart goes out to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures Sam took :) too funny. I haven't let Wil do that, maybe I should lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yoga parts are always in ;-) although now I get that you mean yoga pants OUT. whatever. I need more coffee.. I love the pics Sam took, the one of you and Steve is just sweet. That Sam has a good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pic of you and Steve. It's arty and sweet. Sam's a natural.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I went to a park with one baby swing. Chaos ensued. Like... are there cameras and the builders are watching this for fun? Some cruel joke?

    ReplyDelete
  6. That post office meme had me spitting my coffee all over my laptop. Too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wasting champagne...I think that's the worst thing I read in this whole post...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Boo for a full preschool. I hope you can find one! This.. "Panties were definitely in a twist" made me almost spit out my coffee. hahah
    I'm jealous of your hot water. Our house lacks that.
    You are gorgeous! I love Sam's pictures.
    And I hope you have an amazing time on your date, you definitely deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow it burned down?! What happens to all your mail now?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sorry the preschool is full :( That's a bummer. Hopefully there will be an opening soon. I hate when the kids won't behave out in public. :/
    Yea for yoga pants! I also wear the army sweats around the house :) I love the pics Sam took. He's much better than Lucas and Lizzie are. :)
    Still love you titles and bulleted posts. :)
    Have a great time on your date!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Jenn you crack me up. Thank you, I needed a laugh today! I hear ya on the throwing fits. Today I took the kids to a bounce place and they both whined and screamed at every little thing. Which we clearly could have just done at home! Grrr! I think we need to schedule a little TDY for ourselves! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all the pictures - they are awesome!!! Have a fun date tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay, I'll be the first "bad mom" to say - I hate playground swings! Why can't I just sit in peace while my kids play themselves? I don't want to have to get up and push swinging kids. Not to mention, most swings are in need of a good dose of WD-40. Talk about a headache and a half having to listen to kids whine about wanting to swing on top of the damn swing squeaking!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The phone pics complete with explanation make my heart sing.

    Let me know if you want me to buy you more Halloween Reeses. It's like 50-75% off now...

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've discovered the best way to come up with a title is to write the post and then pick a line from the post that you liked and make that the title. I usually pick something sort of eye catching that may not be exactly what the post is about, but it's interesting and encompasses an idea within the post :) and that picture is adorable. He knows he's been caught with that wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  16. And here I was thinking 2.5 miles in an hour was pretty fast ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. so not the question you were expecting but where did you get your jeans from the washing hands pic? odd i know.

    ReplyDelete

Theme by: Pish and Posh Designs